Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to break 95 from blue

Go down 
+55
Mtws
vinjess
klt59
flashpacker
asahi
drawbias
blee67
Golf_Fan1234
Turbo
golferx
alvin7379
Kaii
bomby
Denmeister
willytan
dmateo
peter.golfer
zhenxua
mrkatsucurry
renode
enwee
s-killer
Christo72
herpderp
Acemangill
audi
pushslice
mengteck71
CoastGuy
Khorkar
slinger
dunlookback
Birdman
kuuligan
bkll
Unexceptional Golfer
BigblackGoof
ChrisD
tonnyfong
skybobo
haragolfer
andrew-golf
chien
Duval_S
billi
TDO
fata
dtan
hkhamateur
Derek
Quest
pocketace
Gofnut
sob
jaketang
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:32 pm

often i play with some friends who have just started playing, they wrote their score lower than they actually played. i guess its pride problem.
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:14 pm

sob wrote:
LOl tall order dude!!

How about starting with a good eraser!
 or get a good wood...

a pencil
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:37 pm

best way to break 95 from the blue is to not use your driver. 
Tee off with your 7 iron.
you will have a short approach with your 3rd shot on most par 4s. 
scramble and you get par. dont scramble and get bogey. worst thing that can happen is getting a double bogey.

alot of extra strokes come in when u start driving anywhere but the fairway. keep the ball in play and u will probably have an easier time.

of course when u are going to look to break 90 you may want to try the driver off a few holes, and have to get the drives consistent.

my 2 cents Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christo72
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 pm

herpderp wrote:
scramble and you get par. dont scramble and get bogey. worst thing that can happen is getting a double bogey.

alot of extra strokes come in when u start driving anywhere but the fairway. keep the ball in play and u will probably have an easier time.

of course when u are going to look to break 90 you may want to try the driver off a few holes, and have to get the drives consistent.

my 2 cents Very Happy
I totally agree with herpdeep.  Me can't use driver.  Have been using either 3w or 5w to tee off, for the longer holes.  Can get high 80s if careful.  Short game very important.  However, this game plan tough to break 85.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm

herpderp wrote:

my 2 cents Very Happy
Bro, how far must you hit with your 7i in order to execute this plan?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:37 pm

s-killer wrote:
herpderp wrote:

my 2 cents Very Happy
Bro, how far must you hit with your 7i in order to execute this plan?
Good qns, I also wanna know....I hope he's not like "you know who", 7i hit....170+m
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Par 5 avg 480m divide by 4 shots: avg 120m. 2 putt bogey
Par 4 avg 390m divide by 3 shots: avg 130m. 2 putt bogey
Par 3 avg 150m divide by 2 shots: avg 75m. 2 putt bogey.

Thats 90 right there. No driver. Irons only. No more than 7i Laughing

Just make sure dont hit into water, other hazards and no more than 3 three putts the whole round hahaha
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:00 pm

I hit my 7 iron 150-155m now.. So 2x of it is 300m,usually leave a short chip into the green
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Christo72 wrote:
herpderp wrote:

my 2 cents Very Happy
I totally agree with herpdeep.  Me can't use driver.  Have been using either 3w or 5w to tee off, for the longer holes.  Can get high 80s if careful.  Short game very important.  However, this game plan tough to break 85.
 Yup, gotta start hitting the driver decently long and straight, and have a semi decent iron strike to break 85... I think at the end of the day though when u want to share shooting Alot lower the short game becomes very crucial. Being able to 1putt will save u Alot of strokes
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 pm

pushslice wrote:

Just make sure dont hit into water, other hazards and no more than 3 three putts the whole round hahaha
Also provided you do not need to cross water more than 150m? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm

enwee wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Also provided you do not need to cross water more than 150m? Very Happy
I was about to say that!! Very Happy Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:48 pm

No disrespect to anybody here. . I'm just thinking if one can't really tee off properly with a driver and/or trying to break 95... Why is he playing from the blue ??

I thought blue is for hcp 18 below?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Guess must be able to play at least 14pars in a round to qualify from blue.

cheers
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 pm

chien wrote:
No disrespect to anybody here. . I'm just thinking if one can't really tee off properly with a driver and/or trying to break 95... Why is he playing from the blue ??

I thought blue is for hcp 18 below?
Sometimes kena forced by kaki to tee off from blue:( Sad Sad 
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:24 pm

herpderp wrote:

my 2 cents Very Happy
Bro, I know what you mean but....

I gain huge satisfaction seeing my driver tee shot split the fairway up. It gives me the confidence to play a good game. It is macho and yet sexy at the same time to pull the driver up and stand over the ball confidently. Frankly speaking, I would walk away from the game if I have to resort to the above to break 95 from blue tee.

Probably that's why I spend most of my learning time correcting and experimenting with driver shots as I think a good drive shot goes miles for my game, literally.
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Hmmmm maybe its time to organise an ironman mini tourney.

Alvin?rabbitrabbit
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm

katsucurry.   u organize I play.
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Hahaha... Ok la. But after i get my 2 iron.. 

Will be a while though..
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:02 pm

our present day 4 iron is same as Ben Hogan days 2 iron u know.
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 pm

renode wrote:
herpderp wrote:

my 2 cents Very Happy
Bro, I know what you mean but....

I gain huge satisfaction seeing my driver tee shot split the fairway up. It gives me the confidence to play a good game. It is macho and yet sexy at the same time to pull the driver up and stand over the ball confidently. Frankly speaking, I would walk away from the game if I have to resort to the above to break 95 from blue tee.

Probably that's why I spend most of my learning time correcting and experimenting with driver shots as I think a good drive shot goes miles for my game, literally.
its more of whats the percentage of u splitting it right in the middle compared to how far right u going to go. if its 30-70 or even 40-60, you will probably play worse.
to me its more towards course management now. why did the pros play irons off the tee at the open championship? cuz they know its better to find the fairway rather than bomb their driver all over the place...
if u end up driving your tee shots anywhere but centre, i dont think it will add any confidence to your game.
you should probably not care about your score then if you simply wish to bomb your driver every hole.
getting a chain of pars should easily give more confidence than a few drivers hit well.
to me its nicer to have a 130m approach to the pin than a 90-100m approach in the rough from a wayward drive.
i rather have a lower score than seeing the fairway split. which led to why i stopped using driver on some holes that i feel that there is no need to. but then again thats my personal preference.

have fun with your driver Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 pm

all the great advices

next game i will rein in my ego, may be can break 95 this time round
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Key thing is to play to your strength. If your good shot percentage with a driver is low, switch to 3 or 5 wood to tee off. No shame to even tee off with irons if need be. Which is your favourite club? Plan to lay up your ball so you can use this favourite club to reach the green. Confidence plays a big part in this game. No need to try hitting long and leave yourself with uncomfortable distances to the greens e.g. those 40 - 50 meters shots where you use less than full swing are normally harder to execute and error prone. So might as well lay up to say, 90 meters if that is your favorite distance with a 9 iron or pitching wedge. If bunker play is your weak link, then aim well away from bunkers so that you need not carry your next shot over the bunker. These are simple things you can do to avoid blowing up your score. Play with the aim of making your next shot easy. Remember the goal is to finish with minimal strokes....not longest drive or hitting far into trouble.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:38 pm

C'mon guys ... this is so easy ...

Start as a high 70s/low 80s player .... then

1) Get married
2) Stop practicing
3) Regularly change your equipment
4) Start looking for golf tips from Golf Channel, Golf Magazines, Internet, Golf Republic etc etc etc
5) Completely forget what your coach taught you
6) Play at most once a month
7) On the course, think more about what your body is doing rather than where u want the ball to go

I guarantee that you will break 95 ....

Heck, breaking 110 might even be possible ...

And if everything comes together, it is entirely possible to break several of your golf clubs in disgust!

Beer
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Derek wrote:
C'mon guys ... this is so easy ...

Start as a high 70s/low 80s player .... then

1) Get married
2) Stop practicing
3) Regularly change your equipment
4) Start looking for golf tips from Golf Channel, Golf Magazines, Internet, Golf Republic etc etc etc
5) Completely forget what your coach taught you
6) Play at most once a month
7) On the course, think more about what your body is doing rather than where u want the ball to go

I guarantee that you will break 95 ....

Heck, breaking 110 might even be possible ...

And if everything comes together, it is entirely possible to break several of your golf clubs in disgust!

Beer
the GUrururu has spoken.  Why didn't i think of this before.
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:44 am

Are you breaking 90 consistently from white? If not, play from white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to break 95 from blue
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next