Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Big Break

Go down 
+2
chemicalpro
Khorkar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Tensed, Pressured, Mistakes, Ego and Victory..

Anyone here watches Big Break...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Break

The Big Break is the Golf Channel's reality television program. The show's premise is to award an aspiring professional golfer exemptions into selected events on certain tours. The series debuted on October 6, 2003, and has become very popular, spawning nine subsequent editions (The Big Break II, The Big Break III: Ladies Only, The Big Break IV: USA vs. Europe, The Big Break V: Hawaii and The Big Break VI: Trump National, The Big Break VII: Reunion at Reunion, The Big Break: Mesquite, The Big Break: Ka'anapali, The Big Break X: Michigan) and celebrity versions (The Big Break All-Star Challenge).

Each episode is an hour long, though each season finale is two hours long. The show's chief signature is a giant rock that bears its logo, and a side rock that bears the edition number.

Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

I particularly enjoyed the USA vs Europe one.

The ladies one had too many claws on fangs, kinda overshadowed the game.

But golf skills challenges are always fun to watch, like the Wendys 3 Tour Challenge and The ADT Skills Challenge Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:13 am

I like the claws and fangs.... it makes it more real... more human... more real...
Back to top Go down
mika
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mika

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 am

Where is this shown? Golf channel? Can advise on the timing? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hardballs

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:41 pm

The show is great but unfortunately the Golf Channel fits it in between other shows. So you might find it late at night or during the afternoon. There is no set schedule and sometimes they show BB IV then go back to BB III and back again, so you never really feel like you can keep up or know when to watch for the next episode.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Big Break Disney (12th Season) just ended last Dec.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:57 pm

I first got to watch the BB with this American Japanese....Hitoshi 'something'.....damm....you should google and see his swing....totally solid....

But you know the funny thing, there was a writeup that he for some unknown reason just could not make it thru the Q school....even with the talent he has....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Another pretty good show - Fore Inventor. Pretty cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Yeah! Shaft Skinz is off that show. I like the Hill Shot Golf 360degrees golf mat, can train uphill, downhill & sidehill shots.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:05 am

Duval_S wrote:
I first got to watch the BB with this American Japanese....Hitoshi 'something'.....damm....you should google and see his swing....totally solid....

But you know the funny thing, there was a writeup that he for some unknown reason just could not make it thru the Q school....even with the talent he has....

Hiroshi Matsuo.

Pretty good player who has competed on the PGA Tour before. His weakness is his putting.

He resides pretty near where I am now. Not playin full time already but have heard he goes round in the mini-tours once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Big Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Break   The Big Break I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Break
Page 1 of 1