Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to break 95 from blue

Go down 
+55
Mtws
vinjess
klt59
flashpacker
asahi
drawbias
blee67
Golf_Fan1234
Turbo
golferx
alvin7379
Kaii
bomby
Denmeister
willytan
dmateo
peter.golfer
zhenxua
mrkatsucurry
renode
enwee
s-killer
Christo72
herpderp
Acemangill
audi
pushslice
mengteck71
CoastGuy
Khorkar
slinger
dunlookback
Birdman
kuuligan
bkll
Unexceptional Golfer
BigblackGoof
ChrisD
tonnyfong
skybobo
haragolfer
andrew-golf
chien
Duval_S
billi
TDO
fata
dtan
hkhamateur
Derek
Quest
pocketace
Gofnut
sob
jaketang
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Kaii wrote:
Physical constrains is also an issue - Play golf to be fit or Fit to play golf?

saw many golfer using very heavy clubs n after 10-12 holes starting to slack

This's either unaware or ego. Cool
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:36 pm

80s is achievable if one is reasonably consistent in his/her swing and max 2 putt ...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

golferx wrote:
Just my observation.

Driver hit around 200M (+- 20M)
Iron 7 hit around 130M (+- 10M) + Accuracy > 70% (left/right not more than 30M)
Wedges can cover anything below 100M with high accuracy ard 90% (left/right not more than 10M)
Everyting in max 2putts.
Mind-set need to be strong. Always look forward to new hole to play better.

I think you can be 80s group.

can be in the 70s group liao.....

how i wish i have all these....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:53 pm

bomby wrote:
IMHO.. If one control and play at least a putt for par (and can sink within 2 putts).. 95 from blue is really achievable. U still have 5 shots buffer.

Key is putting and 75m shot into green.

putting for par is not as important as avoiding big numbers on holes.....

if u can have the occasional dbl bogey and yet avoid the triples n dbl pars....

sure can break 95.... be it white or blue tee

key is course management.... for me
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 am

I agree so long one does not have triple bogeys or double Pars on the score card ...
Back to top Go down
Golf_Fan1234
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:25 pm

course management and knowing your own strengths is the key to a enjoyable and good golf.
Players that don't know their strength normally wont be shooting low scores any time soon =D I think..
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:07 pm

skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Stated or and not necessary cos I have old man friend who drive 180-200m but still plays below 90s with his good short game.

By breaking 90 off blue, require min. 220m drive OR good short game (0-70m) able to occasionally GIR 30-40% of the greens
Bro, I did see the 'or'
What I mean is good short game I agree.
But min 220m not necessary cos u state min 220m or......
By driving 220m does not imply I will break 90 from blue. But having a good short game, it is very likely I can break 90 from blue. 

Anyway we can all agree to disagree

in order to utilise good short game, one must have at least decent long game.

if you tee off OB, then hit approach way off the green, no godly short game can save you from a horrendous score.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:10 pm

zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Stated or and not necessary cos I have old man friend who drive 180-200m but still plays below 90s with his good short game.

By breaking 90 off blue, require min. 220m drive OR good short game (0-70m) able to occasionally GIR 30-40% of the greens
Bro, I did see the 'or'
By driving 220m does not imply I will break 90 from blue. But having a good short game, it is very likely I can break 90 from blue. 

if you tee off OB, then hit approach way off the green, no godly short game can save you from a horrendous score.

No need decent long game......

Think I can break 95 with no driver, no 3w n no 5w.....

Aimai bet.....

Sashimi lunch?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 am

slinger wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Bro, I did see the 'or'

Aimai bet.....

Sashimi lunch?
Yes just use hybrid can hor, gir +1, 2 putt.Bogey game also 90.
Heng heng chip in few holes or par3s par or better, break 90 Liao.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 am

slinger wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Bro, I did see the 'or'

Aimai bet.....

Sashimi lunch?

Slinger,

I presume that vegas, whatever up, sixes are included as well? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:31 am

zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Bro, I did see the 'or'

ZX, 

Not everyone here can tee off hazard and still save par for the hole like you.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 am

slinger wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Bro, I did see the 'or'

Aimai bet.....

Sashimi lunch?

decent long game means any distance further than 120m ...

you use only all wedges and putter, i bet sashimi lunch with you ...
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 am

zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
SBB,

Bro, I did see the 'or'

ZX, I agree. That is why on my previous post (page 7 3rd post), I state "But to drive min 220m not really necessary, but rather a fairly straight drive that keeps both side out of trouble."
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Slinger will still WOH ....
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:33 pm

There's been a lot of discussion and ideas on how it's possible to break 95 from the blue tees, all with merit.

Thought I'd weigh in with a pictorial representation of how it's possible to do so without playing exceptionally well in any one department of the game. To me, it's a combination of all that's been said so far in this thread.

The scorecard below had more than its fair share of mistakes with short and missed drives, double bogeys, and more than one three-putt.

If we look at each stroke above par as mistake and take 95 as the benchmark score, it means we have leeway to make 23 mistakes and still score 95. That's a lot of mistakes, so doesn't it make sense to eliminate the mistakes starting with the simple ones?

The actual score is the bigger number in the box of the first row. The rest of the notations are just to track the game statistics.

Hope it helps those still seeking the answer to the question.

How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 HqM4iNhSiI3jmicNL1ac6VdONLY6fAhhC6kBQP0xfogLAYspN?viewBox=1135

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Eh birdie, Oct we arrange HH again leh
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Sounds like a plan bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi Birdman

Interesting way of keeping score.

What do F15, F1 etc mean?
For putting, what does 1C mean?

Birdman wrote:
There's been a lot of discussion and ideas on how it's possible to break 95 from the blue tees, all with merit.

Thought I'd weigh in with a pictorial representation of how it's possible to do so without playing exceptionally well in any one department of the game. To me, it's a combination of all that's been said so far in this thread.

The scorecard below had more than its fair share of mistakes with short and missed drives, double bogeys, and more than one three-putt.

The actual score is the bigger number in the box of the first row. The rest of the notations are just to track the game statistics.

Hope it helps those still seeking the answer to the question.

How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 HqM4iNhSiI3jmicNL1ac6VdONLY6fAhhC6kBQP0xfogLAYspN?viewBox=1135
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Lol Flashpacker, I'll try to break it down for you.

For putting, 1c tells me that it was a short 1 putt within 1.5m, so it was either chipped close or GIR close to the hole. So a 1 without the c means a good long putt. And 1sc is a bunker shot close that was a 1 putt.

By subtracting the putts from my score I get the GIRs, if any, and the quality of the approach shots.

The alphabets tells how the drives went. F=fairway, B=bunker, L=left rough, R=right rough. So for example FB=fairway bunker.

The numbers following the alphabets denotes the quality of the strike and ball flight. I break it down to 1=solid, 2=bad, 3=no eyes to see. The additional 5 tells me it's an in between strike. So F15 means I found the fairway with just a decent swing. And the numbers below are the distances of each drive for a more complete picture of the swing.

I forgot to include the up and down arrows to indicate uphill or downhill drives. And if there's wind, there's up/down arrow W for headwind or tailwind.

It's by no means complete, but sufficient information to analyse the different parts of the game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:57 pm

86 is a very good score from Blue!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:14 pm

The bird is good!

Finger lickin' good
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Asahi, that's what you say too after KFC right... followed by a loud buuuurp.

I kena makan. lol!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Birdman wrote:
Lol Flashpacker, I'll try to break it down for you.

For putting, 1c tells me that it was a short 1 putt within 1.5m, so it was either chipped close or GIR close to the hole. So a 1 without the c means a good long putt. And 1sc is a bunker shot close that was a 1 putt.

By subtracting the putts from my score I get the GIRs, if any, and the quality of the approach shots.

The alphabets tells how the drives went. F=fairway, B=bunker, L=left rough, R=right rough. So for example FB=fairway bunker.

The numbers following the alphabets denotes the quality of the strike and ball flight. I break it down to 1=solid, 2=bad, 3=no eyes to see. The additional 5 tells me it's an in between strike. So F15 means I found the fairway with just a decent swing. And the numbers below are the distances of each drive for a more complete picture of the swing.

I forgot to include the up and down arrows to indicate uphill or downhill drives. And if there's wind, there's up/down arrow W for headwind or tailwind.

It's by no means complete, but sufficient information to analyse the different parts of the game. Very Happy

Thanks Birdman for sharing! Appreciate it.
Great way to keep score, analyse the game and improve Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 12:57 am

You're welcome Flashpacker. I don't know how much it'll help you since it's a system I came up with myself that I can understand and at the same time take up as little limited space on the scorecard as possible.

From what's in your bag, it looks like you don't need a system like that, you're good enough already. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:12 am

bro birdman, when you free for game?

i wanna learn from you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to break 95 from blue
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next