Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is a Right Sided Swing??

Go down 
+78
Harold03
TourSwing
DRGjr72
Turbo
ak7776
pushslice
haragolfer
canonphilips
Kookk
ironstarz
hoppie
TigaWood
skybobo
Gray
TheFocalPoint
aimscratch
Frederick
devehrey
travis
iori_del
duffader
HH
HyBriD
scram
EricSKH
clarencekim
edhannan
markteo
JetA1
mengteck71
JonL_TK
mika
ghoonk
TITW
garfield
mervyntan
ironhead
chemicalpro
DGman
SC
slinger
Birdman
Stardust
bryantee84
weesern
rocky
Ssquirrel
Agumon
RegiT
guybrush
S70B
eiji
daveaha
nigelbob
rc311
Soka
jurongtiger
who8168
smails
shorthitter
Linch
jaketang
Roystonnn
G_Man
RogY
Winston
Dstruc
noonan
Lamts18
kopiO
golf_snowman
tronos
watermyforrest
ironfist
nientsu
missmoon
redbull
Right_sided_coach
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 pm

noonan wrote:
Rogy
Do u find the swing is cause less chance of injury? I find with my swing now I get stiff back and hips after practice or playing. Was there any other changes you needed to make like equipment adjustment? Sorry for all questions

No worries mate, it is good to find out more if you are embarking on a major change that will affect your golf game. Not to frighten you but in the first few lessons, weeks, you will find some discomfort in the left hip, lower back area as the setup and pivot point is different. So word of advise, do sufficient stretching and warm up before the lessons. Other than that I find less pressure on the left knee as you will have less tendency of overswinging on your follow thru. However, you will need a little bit more speed from your arms as you swing thru at impact.
As for equipment adjustments, so far so good no requirement to bend, lengthen or shorten my clubs as yet, but this can be easily fixed by Ivan at BFG who is conveniently situated next to the Peach Garden restaurant on the ground level. 8)
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm

This is one of the reasons I changed my swing. After seeing RSC and try out the method, I can swing as long as I want but no sore shoulder and back. Only stiff backside in the beginning because of wrong setup...
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Rogy is well on the way to becoming a great golfer. He is realistic about what is involved in changing swing faults. He has worked hard and followed the drills, taken an initial backward step but will now take many steps forward. If things fall out, which they do from time to time, he now has knowledge of his swing and drills he can use to get back on track. The more he works on getting to the model, the better he will become. Tiger is a classic example of how hard it is to change a swing. He has been doing it for 12 years and still hasnt got it to where he wants it. You can still play great golf even during changes and nobody will ever get it perfect. If all my students took Rogys approach, anything is possible. I will do a Before and after video shortly (if Rogy doesnt mind) to show the improvements. There are no quick fixes, tips, magic tricks, just the right information and practicing with a purpose.
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Rogy is well on the way to becoming a great golfer. He is realistic about what is involved in changing swing faults. He has worked hard and followed the drills, taken an initial backward step but will now take many steps forward. If things fall out, which they do from time to time, he now has knowledge of his swing and drills he can use to get back on track. The more he works on getting to the model, the better he will become. Tiger is a classic example of how hard it is to change a swing. He has been doing it for 12 years and still hasnt got it to where he wants it. You can still play great golf even during changes and nobody will ever get it perfect. If all my students took Rogys approach, anything is possible. I will do a Before and after video shortly (if Rogy doesnt mind) to show the improvements. There are no quick fixes, tips, magic tricks, just the right information and practicing with a purpose.

are you going to offer a special package for golf republicans like someone just did? What a Face
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:

wow.....looking forward to mr rogy transformation....

coach, do post the videos if mr rogy dun mind. looking forward to it....
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:51 pm

special offer to GR'ers is buy a 10 lesson package and receive a free 9 hole course lesson. So 12 hours for the price of 10. Offer does not include green fees.
Hope to see u soon redbull!
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
special offer to GR'ers is buy a 10 lesson package and receive a free 9 hole course lesson. So 12 hours for the price of 10. Offer does not include green fees.
Hope to see u soon redbull!

i took up fishing already What a Face
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:55 pm

i am sorry, what's the price of the 10 lesson?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Price for 10 x 1hr lessons is $1080 + gst
Sign up before end of September receive a 2 hour, 9 hole course lesson Free of charge.
Additional $220 value free of charge
Does not include 9 hole green fee or range balls.
Any further questions feel free to PM me
Regards
Paul
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:16 pm

tx paul for the info...
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Sign up before end of September receive a 2 hour, 9 hole course lesson Free of charge.
Regards
Paul

Hi Paul
How much is green fee? Which course we play?
Back to top Go down
Linch
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Linch

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Regards
Paul

Do I really need to buy 10hrs?
any cheaper options?
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indoprof-golf/
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 am

RogY wrote:
noonan wrote:
Rogy
Do u find the swing is cause less chance of injury? I find with my swing now I get stiff back and hips after practice or playing. Was there any other changes you needed to make like equipment adjustment? Sorry for all questions

No worries mate, it is good to find out more if you are embarking on a major change that will affect your golf game. Not to frighten you but in the first few lessons, weeks, you will find some discomfort in the left hip, lower back area as the setup and pivot point is different. So word of advise, do sufficient stretching and warm up before the lessons. Other than that I find less pressure on the left knee as you will have less tendency of overswinging on your follow thru. However, you will need a little bit more speed from your arms as you swing thru at impact.
As for equipment adjustments, so far so good no requirement to bend, lengthen or shorten my clubs as yet, but this can be easily fixed by Ivan at BFG who is conveniently situated next to the Peach Garden restaurant on the ground level. 8)

Good job mate, you are the type of student we dream of, one that actually listens and does the drills.

Most do the drills for half a basket of balls decide is too hard and go back to the old way, then come for next lesson expecting to go further..

Well done.... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 am

sounds very famiiar shorthitter. Hit a few bad shots with the drill then decide its too hard or feels uncomfortable. Go back to old swing, change nothing but expect a different result. Rogy and others like him make teaching golf a joy and I can only hope for more with his attitude.

Linch, u sound like u want a quick fix. 10 hrs is barely enough to make changes required for most golfers. Yes I can do 5 hrs package but realistically do u think it will be enough considering lesson 1 is chipping, 2 is pitching, 3 is half swings, 4 is full 7 iron swing presuming u have got the half swing correct. Then we have long irons, woods, driver, course management, the list goes on. Learn from Rogys experience.
We play golf for the long term. Build a solid swing now and enjoy the game for ever or try shortcuts and go round in circles for ever continually frustrated.
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:17 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:

Hi Paul, ok, you can proceed, some people need to see to be convinced. I am no where close to the perfect RSS swing model yet, but I hope to get there soon.
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:25 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Good job mate, you are the type of student we dream of, one that actually listens and does the drills.

Most do the drills for half a basket of balls decide is too hard and go back to the old way, then come for next lesson expecting to go further..

Well done.... cheers

Thanks mate. 8)

Oh well, there are drills in all sports, that is the only way to improve, no short cuts.
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:27 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
sounds very famiiar shorthitter. Hit a few bad shots with the drill then decide its too hard or feels uncomfortable. Go back to old swing, change nothing but expect a different result. Rogy and others like him make teaching golf a joy and I can only hope for more with his attitude.

Linch, u sound like u want a quick fix. 10 hrs is barely enough to make changes required for most golfers. Yes I can do 5 hrs package but realistically do u think it will be enough considering lesson 1 is chipping, 2 is pitching, 3 is half swings, 4 is full 7 iron swing presuming u have got the half swing correct. Then we have long irons, woods, driver, course management, the list goes on. Learn from Rogys experience.
We play golf for the long term. Build a solid swing now and enjoy the game for ever or try shortcuts and go round in circles for ever continually frustrated.

for 1000 smackeroos, your students better do all the drills What a Face

fishing is cheaper What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 pm

bro... let's be positive to those who wants to learn.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm

wat ever lesson or drills, u need practice to ingrain the feel... lest perfecting it....

if it is so simple, then everyone can be tiger woods liao.....

but some ppl are simply better in other aspect.... eg, fishing.... lolz...
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:20 pm

noonan wrote:
Right_sided_coach wrote:
Regards
Paul

Hi Paul
How much is green fee? Which course we play?

The green fee is $65 (cheaper if you are OCC or NTUC member). We play either of the three 9 hole course available at OCC.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 am

There are only 3 things you need to understand once you have good set up angles to be a RSS'er.

These are:
1. Swing Radius
2. Turn
3. Weight Shift

This video, the 3rd in the series explains what the Swing Radius is. Part 2 of the swing radius video will give you drills to help you and show some common swing problems caused by an incorrect swing radius.

Most teaching prescribes a wide, one piece takeaway. This causes so many swing problems and we find it a major reason why golfers suffer from inconsistency. Feel free to ask any questions and wait for Part 2 to learn the drills. See how easy and effective this simple concept can be to curing many swing faults.
Enjoy and great golfing to you all.

Regards
RSC

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:56 am

nice 'drop move' on the down swing.....
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 am

Part 2 of the Radius videos is now up. Next video will be showing some student swings and how the improvement in radius has completely changed their whole swing and more importantly their ball flight. Try this drill and just take it too a half swing at this stage. I'm sure with the correct set up angles you will see your impact improve

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Tiger Woods Old swing 1998
Here shows Tigers Wide to narrow to wide radius. Result was alot of missed f/ways. Many golfers and coaches copied this with questionable results. He has since tried to keep a more consistent radius. His irons ok, driver still needs work!

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 Tiger110What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 Tiger211What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 Tiger310
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Today in the HSBC Junior at SICC, two of my Singapore Sports School students tasted victory. Nicholas Lim was the winner of the Boys "A" Division shooting rounds of 71, 73 (Even Par) and Marc Ong was the winner of the Boys "B" Division with rounds of 73, 72 (1 over par)
Congratulations to the boys. They have both had multiple victories in the tournaments this year.

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 Nichol10What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 Marc10
Nicholas and Marc in action
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a Right Sided Swing??
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next