Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is a Right Sided Swing??

Go down 
+78
Harold03
TourSwing
DRGjr72
Turbo
ak7776
pushslice
haragolfer
canonphilips
Kookk
ironstarz
hoppie
TigaWood
skybobo
Gray
TheFocalPoint
aimscratch
Frederick
devehrey
travis
iori_del
duffader
HH
HyBriD
scram
EricSKH
clarencekim
edhannan
markteo
JetA1
mengteck71
JonL_TK
mika
ghoonk
TITW
garfield
mervyntan
ironhead
chemicalpro
DGman
SC
slinger
Birdman
Stardust
bryantee84
weesern
rocky
Ssquirrel
Agumon
RegiT
guybrush
S70B
eiji
daveaha
nigelbob
rc311
Soka
jurongtiger
who8168
smails
shorthitter
Linch
jaketang
Roystonnn
G_Man
RogY
Winston
Dstruc
noonan
Lamts18
kopiO
golf_snowman
tronos
watermyforrest
ironfist
nientsu
missmoon
redbull
Right_sided_coach
82 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

What is a Right Sided Swing?? Empty
PostSubject: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi All
I have uploaded some videos describing the Right sided swing and the differences to the Left sided swing (traditional swing). Many are unaware and some have misconceptions about it. Both types of swing are effective but I believe one makes more biomechanical sense than the other. There are a few videos in the series which I will upload over the next few days. If you are still unsure feel free to comment or take up the offer of the FREE swing analysis and see which one suits you! Many GR'ers are making the switch with some fantastic results. It takes a little getting use to but with some practice and commitment can transform your golf game. Hope you enjoy the videos. Feedback appreciated!!
Regards
Paul

Part 1 in the series

Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Hi All
I have uploaded some videos describing the Right sided swing and the differences to the Left sided swing (traditional swing). Many are unaware and some have misconceptions about it. Both types of swing are effective but I believe one makes more biomechanical sense than the other. There are a few videos in the series which I will upload over the next few days. If you are still unsure feel free to comment or take up the offer of the FREE swing analysis and see which one suits you! Many GR'ers are making the switch with some fantastic results. It takes a little getting use to but with some practice and commitment can transform your golf game. Hope you enjoy the videos. Feedback appreciated!!
Regards
Paul

you are comparing the "good" of RSS against the "bad" of LSS wor What a Face

RSS all good? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:24 pm

As I said, both are effective. We all have open minds so form your own opinion. IMO I believe the weight transfer, clearing, extending and releasing are the hard parts for most people. The RSS just eliminates the need to do these things. And redbull, I have never said that RS is better than LS.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 pm

redbull wrote:
Right_sided_coach wrote:
Hi All
Regards
Paul

you are comparing the "good" of RSS against the "bad" of LSS wor What a Face

RSS all good? What a Face

redbull,
read with an open mind la, dont jump into assumptions.
dont be too naughty.. Face Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:57 pm

missmoon wrote:

redbull,
read with an open mind la, dont jump into assumptions.
dont be too naughty.. Face Hug

my mind very open de, so I asked What a Face

you jumped, I did not jump What a Face
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:02 pm

redbull wrote:

my mind very open de, so I asked What a Face

you jumped, I did not jump What a Face

Stretcher
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Actually between, the 2 methods, I really do not think there is a right or wrong. In watever methods you chose or watever you don chose, you will need to see if yur body mechanics is suitable for it, you will need lots and lots of drills, you will need lots of practise in the range and you will need patience.

I am not an advocate of RSS, but one thing i do respect him is that he sticks to what he believes. I did not even know what my first coach (I ever had) at MBGC was teaching me. Everything was 'you got to feel this and that' . At range, I see some coaches telling students to do this and that without explaining why. One of my fren even better. First lesson, the coach told her golf is all about lift the club back and swinging it.

In my very amatuer opinion (pls feel free to correct me, RSS), RSS is all about getting that maximum ball compression and downward force thru a steep swing plane. If that happens, you will have superior ball striking. But i feel the prob is getting used to that steep swing plane and lack of weight transfer. You will need lots and lots of drills to get used to that.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Some good points there nientsu. The shaft however is not coming down steep as seen below
What is a Right Sided Swing?? Pamps11

I also do not believe body type makes a difference. We are all human with 2 arms and 2 legs. Anyone can do this swing. I teach many women, kids and golfers of all ability. There is weight transfer there but just not in the traditional sense of lateral shift.
I do believe in sticking to a model that has had proven success and not just trying different things with different players. I see alot of coaches saying things like "too fast" or "slow down" "your timing is out". I think these are just excuses for bad body and club positions. They work when timing is right, but can vary alot from day to day.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:23 pm

haha out of point here, but you weren't you using a squash racquet!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Just to show that it is similar to hitting a forehand in tennis. Use the step in drill to learn the feeling

Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:50 pm

I saw the driver swing of Rod Pampling and Nathan Green, correct me if I am wrong, but Rod is more RSS than Nathan who seemed to have lateral hip transfer (though a bit, just to start the down swing). But one thing I noticed that both right shoulders dropped really low compared to hitting irons. Is this to encourage hitting up the ball?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
I saw the driver swing of Rod Pampling and Nathan Green, correct me if I am wrong, but Rod is more RSS than Nathan who seemed to have lateral hip transfer (though a bit, just to start the down swing). But one thing I noticed that both right shoulders dropped really low compared to hitting irons. Is this to encourage hitting up the ball?

Greeny is now based in the US so no longer trains with Gary. He does however to this day still use alot of the RS drills and methodology. He is the type who likes to look after his own swing. Gary was coaching him when he first qualified for the US Tour. Rod Pamplings driver swing is not right on the recommended model. None of the players have got it perfect, however they keep trying to get closer and closer. The weeks they do they have great results off weeks still ok. Like any swing, it can have its ups and downs however having a model makes it easier to get things back on track.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 pm

wow you are almost there for a Happy Gilmore shot!!!!!. Padraig Harrington showed that that a Happy Gilmore shot will increase distance!!!!

seriously i have never seen a left side swing before..except for those old jack Nicklaus videos (i dont watch much golf on tv), not to mention at our local range.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Rod Pamplings driver swing is not right on the recommended model. None of the players have got it perfect, however they keep trying to get closer and closer.

I suppose that is why he uses 10.5 deg... any "perfect" driver swing model so far? I saw most RSS swing are shown using irons.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi RSC...

i'm looking forward to more of your video explaining in RSS.

If possible, beside using iron, maybe also using RSS on wood and driver.

Thank you.

Snowman
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 pm

yeah the RSS is a very interesting concept and i'm curious to know more as well. and thanks for the vids! it's always nice to see something in action.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:43 am

The driver, fairway wood swing is exactly the same in RSS. We keep things simple....one swing for all clubs. Golf is hard enough to learn one swing, let alone several. I will use some driver swings in future posts.
The thing I pride myself on as a coach is having an answer to all questions and using video or pictures to back up my statements as well as success by students in tournament golf. I do not get a tip from here and there and throw it out there to try and sound good or keep the people happy. I know what works and what does not. You can not give a tip to the general population as all swings have different patterns and one tip may work for some but completely screw up the others.
If you want me to fix your swing, then you need to show it to me, otherwise I will be guessing and I do not do that. I aim to fix impact and to do that I have a model that I know works and I will work off that. Holistic, whatever. Is that going to fix your shut, across the line club face??? These approaches are ways around the primary problems in a golfers make up. Why talk about course management when a golfer cannot control his ball to be able to execute a game plan or strategy?? Control the ball and you can control the course and the rest is history! Confidence and mental strength come from being able to execute. Poor execution will result in poor mental games and poor decisions.
At the end of the day, they are just angles (biomechanics) If you start in the right spot, you have a good chance of getting to a good impact position. Control your ball and you control the course.

Part 2 of the RSS videos will be posted tomorrow.

Keep an open mind and don't believe everything you read and see on the golf channel. History of golf instruction has not reduced the average score of golfers for over 100 years, yet most are still teaching the same stuff they taught our grandfathers. There is a better way
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Part 2 video in the series is about the misconceptions that many have about the RSS. Alot of our critics see things and comment on what they think they see, but it is sometimes not the case.

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Step in drill - behind view

Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Still can't imagine hitting the Driver which is upward since most of the videos of RSS are hitting down the ball.

I still can imagine the woods since the ball can be hit at bottom of the swing.

RSC maybe you can show some video of Australia tour pro who is using RSS hitting driver and woods (well... we consider you as tour pro as well ).
Swing
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Here is a video of Driver vs Iron. The player is Nationwide Tour player, Gavin Coles. Currently 20th on money list and on target to make it back to the PGA Tour again next year. As you can see, the two swings are identical. We do not hit up on the driver, still compress it like all other shots. Just bring ball position forward inside the left foot.
LS swings require different swings for woods, irons, wedges, fairway woods. We think that makes things too difficult and breeds inconsistency. Enjoy!!
By the way, I am definitely not a tour pro. Just stick to what I am good at.

Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:27 am

hmmm.. but wouldn't this create backspin on the ball and lead to a loss in distance? (if distance is what you're going for that is)
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:48 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Here is a video of Driver vs Iron. The player is Nationwide Tour player, Gavin Coles. Currently 20th on money list and on target to make it back to the PGA Tour again next year. As you can see, the two swings are identical. We do not hit up on the driver, still compress it like all other shots. Just bring ball position forward inside the left foot.
LS swings require different swings for woods, irons, wedges, fairway woods. We think that makes things too difficult and breeds inconsistency. Enjoy!!

so, the difficult and inconsistent LSS is occupying the 1st to 19th spots? What a Face

i just wanna be sure What a Face
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 am

ironfist wrote:
hmmm.. but wouldn't this create backspin on the ball and lead to a loss in distance? (if distance is what you're going for that is)

We do not compress it like an iron. The ball position is more forward so we make contact at apex of swing. We just dont lean back and sweep up on it as is with a LSS.

What is a Right Sided Swing?? 2310
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:21 am

redbull wrote:
Right_sided_coach wrote:

so, the difficult and inconsistent LSS is occupying the 1st to 19th spots? What a Face

i just wanna be sure What a Face

It is purely a numbers game. On that tour maybe 5 doing RSS, 200 + doing LSS. I think for a small guy (5 foot 4) he is doing pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a Right Sided Swing??
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next