Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach Empty
PostSubject: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 am

I have started this thread to show some up and coming juniors from the academy. This first boy has only started golf about 4 months ago. Teaching a junior with no bad habits or pre conceived concepts of the swing can result in a great swing at an early age. His impact positions are impressive

He has only been on the course once for 4 holes but his technique and ball striking at this stage of his golf is what most would dream of. Enjoy. There are many more to come in the coming months

Back to top Go down
r51069
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

hi, can't see the picture... can u repost? thanks
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 pm

wow.. quite impressive for a starter with 4 months training...

good students are a result of good coach.... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am

hillgreen wrote:
wow.. quite impressive for a starter with 4 months training...

good students are a result of good coach.... Surprised

The student plays a big role in their improvement and progress as well. This boy is very disciplined with the drills prescribed and he practices properly. He also has great physical ability, being a national badminton player.

On the other hand, I have juniors I have trained for over a year and they don't swing as good as that. I give them the same information and drills and help but their progress is slower. This is due to physical limitations with co ordination etc. lack of practice or lack of determination, focus and the passion to be good.

Each student is different and when a good ones comes along, anything is possible
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:27 am

On the other side of the coin, here is a student that has physical ability but previously just had a bad instructor. In 2 lessons with the RSS, she has made major improvements. There is still a lot of work to be done but mostly just getting rid of the bad habits she has developed.

Her previous coach failed to work on her set up and this caused a lot of the bad motion in her swing. Take note of the stiff arms and how it affects the takeaway and turn in her swing

She has gone from looking like a beginner to a decent player in a very short time.

My advice to you all taking lessons is that if your coach does not emphasise the importance of set up, grip and how the swing starts, then you should question him/her. The entire motion of your swing will be related to where it starts from.

Good golfing and happy CNY
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 pm

This boy start lessons about same time as me....damn solid swing. Each week he get better and better. Me have alot of bad habit to fix so take longer....sigh Sad
Back to top Go down
r51069
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

hi all, can any one tell me why i'm not able to see the picture in this forum?
thanks.
confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach   Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior Golf Swing - Right Sided Coach
Page 1 of 1