Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach

Go down 
+21
kooky
iori_del
pushslice
Duval_S
sunny
mervyntan
slinger
kopiO
weesern
RegiT
smails
noonan
Ssquirrel
DGman
Lamts18
S70B
watermyforrest
Technospaz
rocky
missmoon
Right_sided_coach
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach Empty
PostSubject: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Some students before and after swings. The ultimate goal of my swing coaching is to achieve better impact and ball flight. That means increasing leverage/lag and hitting the ball with compression. Simple changes to a students set up and body angles can achieve this as well as improving their plane/path. You will also notice a lot less twisting, turning, shifting and excessive movements in the swings which is going to reduce injuries and stress on the body.

Our motto is "Powerful, repeatable, efficient"

If you are having trouble with your impact or suffering sore back or other body parts, give it a try or feel free to ask any questions

Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:05 am

omg.. i saw my ex-colleague in yr video clip.. didnt know she learnt from you..

sorry.. Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 am

You may notice a few GR members as well...Hope they don't mind
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 pm

The guy in red now has an excellent setup! In the silhoutte I thought it was Tiger Woods in the video!

What do you think, SSSquirrel? Do you agree? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:16 pm

rocky wrote:
The guy in red now has an excellent setup! In the silhoutte I thought it was Tiger Woods in the video!

What do you think, SSSquirrel? Do you agree? Very Happy

No'lah. Tiger's swing isn't as good as that guy's. That guy in red has a better swing. More 'chio' Smile

On a more serious note, great vid. Nice to see where the common errors are and what was done to fix 'em.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:44 am

Whoa... so TSS originates from RSS???
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:48 am

If you watch 'Heroes' the series, SS is akin to Sylar who absorbs the power of everyone! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 am

True .... SS absorbs all the good points of every school and integrates them all together in a complete package ... the result is his great TSS .. It takes immense talent to be able to do this ... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am

no wonder i see 5 dfferent swings in his golf game.....but whatever swing he has, he still comes back the same...

great 1st 9 and not so good 2nd 9 or not so good 1st 9 and great 2nd 9....

i think he needs joe parent now more than ever....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 am

That is pre planned i think ,,, if he is seen to play great all the time , he may be left only to play with himself .... Razz
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am

Topic OFF
Pls lah.. dun tok rubbish in RSC's great thread!

My swing sucks big time; part of the reason is I don't stick long enough to practising and always like to try 'new swings'. My biggest problems are fanning the club open and taking it too far back inside on the backswing. RSS has helped me aware of this problem and helped me with correcting it.

btw, what is 'joe parent'? But whatever it is , I think I need it... 8)
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 am

He is Dr Joe Parent , a top mental coach ....
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 am

I think SSquirrel is so talented he could use lams leftie clubs and still play great golf. Maybe we can call it a TSSRSS swing.
He hits it great coz he is a little on the flat side coming down rather than the steep side. The better of the two options!! We were trying to get it coming in a little steeper to give him the ability to hit fades and draws. The complete player!!
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Some students before and after swings. The ultimate goal of my swing coaching is to achieve better impact and ball flight. That means increasing leverage/lag and hitting the ball with compression. Simple changes to a students set up and body angles can achieve this as well as improving their plane/path. You will also notice a lot less twisting, turning, shifting and excessive movements in the swings which is going to reduce injuries and stress on the body.

Our motto is "Powerful, repeatable, efficient"

If you are having trouble with your impact or suffering sore back or other body parts, give it a try or feel free to ask any questions

That is some real before and after
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:33 pm

How about I put a B and A of yours noonan. Now that is a great B and A Very Happy When I get time I will if you don't object.
Back to top Go down
smails
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Some very noticeable changes. U should charge $200/hr
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:51 am

smails have you been drinking too much again. Take it easy please!
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:19 pm

wow.....that impressive changes coach. My colleague learning from you and I notice alot of improvements in his game. Maybe have to give it a try. Cool music...hehe
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Here is another before and after of one of my students. He now swings it and hits it better than some pros. With a little more work on his short game and course management I am expecting some great results. The consistency and quality of striking is majorly improved as is the distance. Enjoy

Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Another quality post RSC. It is good to know the future of Singapore golf is in good hands.

I see in the video that you mention to let the head come up after impact. Can you explain this as I have seen another pro on here advocating to keep it down as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 am

noonan wrote:
Another quality post RSC. It is good to know the future of Singapore golf is in good hands.

I see in the video that you mention to let the head come up after impact. Can you explain this as I have seen another pro on here advocating to keep it down as long as possible.

Yes noonan, keeping the head down too long after impact will slow the arms and body down and reduce distance. It will also cause the hands to flip the club. Definitely need to keep it quite steady on backswing and downswing but from impact on, let it come up and follow the ball. I am not sure what other coaches advocate but studying the best players on tour, they definitely do not leave it down too long. Think of throwing a ball or hitting a tennis ball, your eyes follow the ball
Here is Annika at impact. A good example to follow.

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach Annika10Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach Anika10
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:25 am

I think the coach does not really means keeping the head down as long as possible. It is just a thought for the student. Most of the time the student will look away way too early.

From another thread SH also commented on the use of this sentence. He would prefer to tell his students to see the club hit the ball. This will keep the head stable long enough to at a good hit and yet not keeping down for too long
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach Flip210Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach Flip10

The head will stay down through impact, but not post impact as in these 2 examples. I don't think noonan was refering to SH either
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:22 pm

I think u got me wrong, I'm not saying SH asked his student to keep the head down as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:19 pm

weesern wrote:
I think u got me wrong, I'm not saying SH asked his student to keep the head down as long as possible.

Last edited by noonan on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next