Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach

Go down 
+21
kooky
iori_del
pushslice
Duval_S
sunny
mervyntan
slinger
kopiO
weesern
RegiT
smails
noonan
Ssquirrel
DGman
Lamts18
S70B
watermyforrest
Technospaz
rocky
missmoon
Right_sided_coach
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 pm

iori_del wrote:
Hi, can i chck with you regarding the INTERMEDIATE package? does it consist of video analysis?

Every lesson I do includes video analysis. Its the best way for myself and the student to see the faults and compare to the pros so the student can see the differences. If you want a swing analysis feel free to contact me

Regards

Paul
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:09 pm

hi went occ and found out ur academy is closed. shifting out to else where or..?

** just saw the info on another thread.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:14 pm

New Before and After Swing

This guy plays off about 6 handicap but was struggling with a pull fade shot. Hadnt broken 80 in a long time.

Fixed in 1 hour and his latest round at Horizon Hills was a 76....pretty good on a tough gold course

The problem was his wide, one piece takeaway.

This swing damn powerful. His 7 iron at least 160 meters

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Nice to hear from you Paul!!!

So now swing fixing session must go Raffles CC?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:27 pm

jtek wrote:

Yes mate....must come RCC. Then I can do before and after of you and post on youtube
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Before and After swing of GR member cihcih

Ball flight and consistency has improved significantly

The hard work on the range has paid off. Well done Joe. Hope you like your new swing!!

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:26 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
jtek wrote:

Yes mate....must come RCC. Then I can do before and after of you and post on youtube

Me on youtube??? Ha ha ha... must go for slimming session first then... Smile
Back to top Go down
weich
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Paul,

So your academy will now be stationed at the RCC range? Asking cos I'm RCC member and if you r there, I wld like your help to take a look at my swing.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:56 pm

weich wrote:
Hi Paul,

So your academy will now be stationed at the RCC range? Asking cos I'm RCC member and if you r there, I wld like your help to take a look at my swing.

weich

Feel free to contact me on 81005960 to book a slot.

FYI - Raffles CC members are entitled to 15% discount on 10 x 1hr lesson packages.

Regards

Paul
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 am

New Before and after swing

One of the best swing change improvements I have seen. His old ball flight was a big hook which has been changed to a straight flight with the ability to now fit a fade.

More importantly is the less stress that is put on his lower back and neck which will ensure no injuries.

Seeing the positions of the back and neck in slow motion really highlight how a poor swing can result in injuries to golfers.

This swing change took place over the last 9 months and scores have reduced dramatically.

Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Paul, the right sided swing sounds ineteresting but I do have couple of questions in mind. How is the swing powered with, the right or the left arm ? I am playing off a 3 and mine is the traditional 2-plane swing with the lead arm powering the swing. Do you think there is a chance for me to go consistently lower if I take the risk to convert to right sided ?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Its been a while since I posted any before and afters.
This is a guy who has made some big improvements in recent times. He won the Warren monthly medal last month with a 74.
With this technique, he may be a guy to watch out for. He will be featured in next edition of Golf Digest
More importantly, he has a swing now that will not cause any injuries. His old swing was sending him on a path to major back problems

More videos to come
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Hey Paul, not only the swing,...even the dressing had improved....the one on the right definitely more alike a 74 gross score player..
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Hey Paul, not only the swing,...even the dressing had improved....the one on the right definitely more alike a 74 gross score player..

Yep....I didnt know if he was wearing short pants or long shorts. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 pm

This student made a major improvement in his distance and consistency. He says around 40 yards on his driver.
This guy is from PRC and his English was as powderful as my Mandarin. We made all these changes without being able to communicate verbally, only the video and demonstrations were used.
I was shocked by how easy it was. Maybe I will do less talking and more demonstrating in the future as language barriers can often be a problem. My Aussie accent sometimes hard to understand. Working on my Singlish everyday

Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:35 pm

"This guy is from PRC and his English was as powderful as my Mandarin"

Paul, I think your england and chinese both can make it lah.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:49 am

This before and after is a very common swing problem that many golfers face. Its the "Cross the Line" swing pattern with a closed clubface. 9 times out of 10, it means the golfer will have to squeeze the club on the way down to get the shaft more behind and square up the clubface. They get the look of being stuck coming into impact and have trouble getting any height with their shots particularly having trouble with long irons and fairway woods. Downslopes and long rough are difficult situations for a cross the line player.

Tiger was this way in 97 before he went full circle and then became "laid off" at the top under Hank Haney. Laid of is not great either but it is much easier to play from a laid off club as opposed to cross the line.

The lesson here shows how we correct this common pattern. The student is a 2 handicap with the old swing and wants to take the Pro Test. It is a major swing change and will take some time for him to adjust and be confident enough to trust it on the course but after several failed attempts at the pro test, it is a change he needs to make to be able to pass succesfully.

Enjoy and hope it helps all the "cross the line, shut" players out there. There are so many of you out there with this problem

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:05 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
This student made a major improvement in his distance and consistency. He says around 40 yards on his driver.
This guy is from PRC and his English was as powderful as my Mandarin. We made all these changes without being able to communicate verbally, only the video and demonstrations were used.
I was shocked by how easy it was. Maybe I will do less talking and more demonstrating in the future as language barriers can often be a problem. My Aussie accent sometimes hard to understand. Working on my Singlish everyday

Good news today. The student shot his personal best at RCC by a wopping 12 strokes. He came in with a 96. I can't understand his mandarin but I could tell from the look on his face that he was pretty happy with himself Beer

The 6 pack of Tiger he gave me was an unexpected suprise
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
New Before and after swing

One of the best swing change improvements I have seen. His old ball flight was a big hook which has been changed to a straight flight with the ability to now fit a fade.

More importantly is the less stress that is put on his lower back and neck which will ensure no injuries.

Seeing the positions of the back and neck in slow motion really highlight how a poor swing can result in injuries to golfers.

This swing change took place over the last 9 months and scores have reduced dramatically.

It's school reports time of year for the Sports School students and a big part of teaching is to chart students statistics as well as tournament results and scoring averages. Below is the tournaments results for the boy featured in the video who is now in Sec 2.
It is good to look back and see the correlation between swing improvements and scoring averages.

Apart from his poor performance at Keppel, the scores are much more consistent. I guess Keppel is one of those courses that you either like or don't

If all goes to plan, some wins will be just around the corner

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 Page0011
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi GR
Happy National Day for yesterday.
Thought I'd post a new before and after video as the student recently had her best tournament result coming in 2nd at the Thai Sports School Games.
In this video I correct the closed clubface and the overswing indirectly rather than focusing on the obvious fault.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach   Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before and After Swings - Right Sided Coach
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3