Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is a Right Sided Swing??

Go down 
+78
Harold03
TourSwing
DRGjr72
Turbo
ak7776
pushslice
haragolfer
canonphilips
Kookk
ironstarz
hoppie
TigaWood
skybobo
Gray
TheFocalPoint
aimscratch
Frederick
devehrey
travis
iori_del
duffader
HH
HyBriD
scram
EricSKH
clarencekim
edhannan
markteo
JetA1
mengteck71
JonL_TK
mika
ghoonk
TITW
garfield
mervyntan
ironhead
chemicalpro
DGman
SC
slinger
Birdman
Stardust
bryantee84
weesern
rocky
Ssquirrel
Agumon
RegiT
guybrush
S70B
eiji
daveaha
nigelbob
rc311
Soka
jurongtiger
who8168
smails
shorthitter
Linch
jaketang
Roystonnn
G_Man
RogY
Winston
Dstruc
noonan
Lamts18
kopiO
golf_snowman
tronos
watermyforrest
ironfist
nientsu
missmoon
redbull
Right_sided_coach
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:01 am

roger that RSC thanks! Smile i'm short too, so maybe there's hope for me. haha
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:22 am

i dun think it is fair to classify all into either RSS or LSS.... there are juz too many types of swings all there... how about one not-right and not-left sided swing? Question

to each his individual, and what works best for him/her.... you juz have to look at the merits of RSS, and if it works for you, good for you....
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 am

kopiO wrote:
i dun think it is fair to classify all into either RSS or LSS.... there are juz too many types of swings all there... how about one not-right and not-left sided swing? Question

to each his individual, and what works best for him/her.... you juz have to look at the merits of RSS, and if it works for you, good for you....

KopiO , good comment .... Beer
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:01 pm

kopiO wrote:

Just to clarify, a LSS is one where the left side of the body, i.e the hip and shoulder move away from the target on the backswing. A RSS is one where the right side of the body moves away from the left side of the body. Majority of swings are LS even though they all may look different. It is a result of the lateral weight transfer and the shoulder turn. Stack and Tilt may be the only other variation. Hope this clears things up.
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:14 am

I watch the Sports School students training last week with this RSS. Wow..hit so good. It looks very simple and the coaches making a lot of sense. They are using a lot of mirrors and impact bag. Some students so small but still can hit very far.
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:45 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
kopiO wrote:

Just to clarify, a LSS is one where the left side of the body, i.e the hip and shoulder move away from the target on the backswing. A RSS is one where the right side of the body moves away from the left side of the body. Majority of swings are LS even though they all may look different. It is a result of the lateral weight transfer and the shoulder turn. Stack and Tilt may be the only other variation. Hope this clears things up.

Hi RSC, what's the difference between the Right sided Swing and Stack and Tilt. I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:21 pm

Dstruc wrote:
Hi RSC, what's the difference between the Right sided Swing and Stack and Tilt. I'm confused.

eeerrrmmm..let me try to answer this, maybe wrong.

From the side view...stack & tilt swing looks like this --> |

From side view, RSS looks like this --> \ (assuming you are right handed player)
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi bros, I am a recent convert from the LSS to the RSS. I have spent the last 2 months taking lessons from RSC and many more hours practising in the range in front of the mirrors. It wasnt easy to change and I dont think I have mastered it fully, but I think am getting close. RSC, thanks for the drills and encouragement, I am beginning to enjoy my new swing.

So why did I change? It started out of curiosity. Is there a better swing out there? But my main objective is to improve my game and to develop a repeatable and efficient swing. What I like about this swing, is that it is simple to execute once you get the setup angles right and there are very few checkpoints to remember compared to the LSS. The most difficult part in changing to this swing is the setup position, the way your body turns and the feeling of no weight shift from the back swing to the follow thru. The feeling I get is just like standing there and hitting the ball by swinging my arms.

What are my conclusions after 2 months? I can compress the ball better at impact and my shots are much straighter than before. Distance wise, I think I may have gained about one club, not much but it is the accuracy that matters. My scores have not improved a great deal yet, but I can see the potential of that happening. I need a few more rounds on the course to trust the swing and just execute the shots.

If all else fails, I can always go back to the left side. 8)
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:46 pm

I sense a money game is in order!!!
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm

G_Man wrote:
I sense a money game is in order!!!

R u the proposer? Laughing

We hve tried the Ikasu vs prototype game, so now new twist!!! Hmmmm..., but problem is there may not b enuf RSS swingers ard.
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Wha, I jio you to a game and you want to jio other RSS swingers... Wha, gangster leh...

KNS, you put place and you put time lor. I okay one!!! I jio my BSS kaki also!!!

Joking la. wha liao eh. you thinking in very large scale leh....
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:38 pm

G_Man wrote:
Wha, I jio you to a game and you want to jio other RSS swingers... Wha, gangster leh...

KNS, you put place and you put time lor. I okay one!!! I jio my BSS kaki also!!!

Joking la. wha liao eh. you thinking in very large scale leh....

Wahhahahhaha!! Laughing

U nvr say jio one on one ma. This is GR leh, all the games here very big scale one hor!!!

We shd get together for a game, ask the ex RSS trainees to come as well la.Hahah
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Winston wrote:
Dstruc wrote:

eeerrrmmm..let me try to answer this, maybe wrong.

From the side view...stack & tilt swing looks like this --> |

From side view, RSS looks like this --> \ (assuming you are right handed player)

scratch
This illustration is cute..

Me also quite confuised with stack & tilt & RSS..
When I was taking lesson.. I look up alot on Stack & Tilt and tried learning tat..

The result, i really duno wat swing I got also.. machiam RSS, machiam S&T, or machiam nothing..

wait till I play with slow-mo camera then I consult. keke.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:21 pm

Stack & Tilt to the Right Side?
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:27 pm

next week weekdays I meet up with Sunny & Moon then let u know.. keke..
SLO-MO VIDEO!!!!!!! Very Happy

Gona go back India ler.. tmd.. no golf again.. oni can visualise..
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:31 pm

I thought India has lots of golf courses as well?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
next week weekdays I meet up with Sunny & Moon then let u know.. keke..
SLO-MO VIDEO!!!!!!! Very Happy

Gona go back India ler.. tmd.. no golf again.. oni can visualise..

Ha... India to sell your products ? They have many golf courses there...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:13 pm

G_man, u gain 1 club length??!!! affraid

u already so long off the tee, still increase distance? so u r driving 270m n above now???!!! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:11 am

RogY wrote:
Hi bros, I am a recent convert from the LSS to the RSS. I have spent the last 2 months taking lessons from RSC and many more hours practising in the range in front of the mirrors. It wasnt easy to change and I dont think I have mastered it fully, but I think am getting close. RSC, thanks for the drills and encouragement, I am beginning to enjoy my new swing.

So why did I change? It started out of curiosity. Is there a better swing out there? But my main objective is to improve my game and to develop a repeatable and efficient swing. What I like about this swing, is that it is simple to execute once you get the setup angles right and there are very few checkpoints to remember compared to the LSS. The most difficult part in changing to this swing is the setup position, the way your body turns and the feeling of no weight shift from the back swing to the follow thru. The feeling I get is just like standing there and hitting the ball by swinging my arms.

What are my conclusions after 2 months? I can compress the ball better at impact and my shots are much straighter than before. Distance wise, I think I may have gained about one club, not much but it is the accuracy that matters. My scores have not improved a great deal yet, but I can see the potential of that happening. I need a few more rounds on the course to trust the swing and just execute the shots.

If all else fails, I can always go back to the left side. 8)

Better compression, much straighter, gained one club length distance, simple to execute, fewer checkpoints to remember and this took only 2 months...sounds like just what I need. Can I ask how many lessons you had Rogy.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 am

ya 3 golf courses in BAngalore.
1 require membership..
1 is toooooo far..
1 is within acceptable distance.. 45min journey.
Price abt SGD60 for weekend.. caddy bery bery cheap.

but thinkin of transporting my golf bag to India, i reconsider.
furthermore, here Sat working day.. Sun just wana rest.. visualising use lesser effort. keke.

But my colleague told me his shot flew further than usual..
Say probably due to the low humidity or base on India's norm, numbers on distance marker are exxagerated. keke.

bounce
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 am

bro roystonnn, visualization is good... must do more to increase the level.. hehehhehe
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 am

Better compression, much straighter, gained one club length distance, simple to execute, fewer checkpoints to remember and this took only 2 months...sounds like just what I need. Can I ask how many lessons you had Rogy.[/quote]

So far, I hve done 10 lessons. I admit, it was not easy and thots of switching back had crossed my mind more than a couple of times. Especially, when you think you got it, then after reviewing the video with coach, it is back to drawing board. That feeling sucks!! However, if you religiously do the drills prescribed, I think change is possible. Some drills make you feel like you are swinging very akwardly n never ever going to hit a ball straight, but these are meant exaggerate the new swing movement, create new muscle memory and break down the old habits.
Two key thots in order to be successful with swing changes. Perseverance and practise.

Dont get me wrong, I am not promoting or marketing RSS but just sharing my experience with a major swing overhaul. Laughing
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for sharing. I am approaching this with the belief it will not be easy, will need a lot of practice but I think that any swing change will take hard work. I get a lot of confidence from the before and after videos posted by RSC and what I seen watching him teach the sport school. I want to get my handicap down and improve my score so if I keep doing what I am doing now, then I am not going to improve. Perseverance and Practise are good advise.
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:11 am

noonan wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I am approaching this with the belief it will not be easy, will need a lot of practice but I think that any swing change will take hard work. I get a lot of confidence from the before and after videos posted by RSC and what I seen watching him teach the sport school. I want to get my handicap down and improve my score so if I keep doing what I am doing now, then I am not going to improve. Perseverance and Practise are good advise.

Bro, I have another P for you. Patience. Your score will be unstable and it will most definitely go up during this transition period, before it can come down again & it can be very frustrating. Especially with the longer clubs, for a while I am doing the happy Gilmore type of swing at the T box. My frens think that I am crazy. But you have to overcome all these ridicule & criticism in order to reach your goal. ie to play better golf and get lower scores. Learning from experience, if you are seriously going to overhaul the entire swing, get RSC to start you with the chipping and pitching, before going to the full swing mechanics. I think that will help tremendously and save you some time. 8)
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Rogy
Do u find the swing is cause less chance of injury? I find with my swing now I get stiff back and hips after practice or playing. Was there any other changes you needed to make like equipment adjustment? Sorry for all questions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a Right Sided Swing??
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next