Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is a Right Sided Swing??

Go down 
+78
Harold03
TourSwing
DRGjr72
Turbo
ak7776
pushslice
haragolfer
canonphilips
Kookk
ironstarz
hoppie
TigaWood
skybobo
Gray
TheFocalPoint
aimscratch
Frederick
devehrey
travis
iori_del
duffader
HH
HyBriD
scram
EricSKH
clarencekim
edhannan
markteo
JetA1
mengteck71
JonL_TK
mika
ghoonk
TITW
garfield
mervyntan
ironhead
chemicalpro
DGman
SC
slinger
Birdman
Stardust
bryantee84
weesern
rocky
Ssquirrel
Agumon
RegiT
guybrush
S70B
eiji
daveaha
nigelbob
rc311
Soka
jurongtiger
who8168
smails
shorthitter
Linch
jaketang
Roystonnn
G_Man
RogY
Winston
Dstruc
noonan
Lamts18
kopiO
golf_snowman
tronos
watermyforrest
ironfist
nientsu
missmoon
redbull
Right_sided_coach
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 am

Harold03 wrote:
What do you guys think of this? It's the swing taught by Gary Edwin and used by Paul Casey, I believe....

I think you meant Paul Gow instead of Paul Casey, yes?

You can refer to: http://www.garyedwin.com/team/
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 am

Tiger's new finish position/follow thru is looking a lot like Pampling's, to my eye
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 am

I believe Paul alluded us to that before: See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXp9wU1GCq4
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Yeoyc wrote:
Hi coach
Just share with you that Jonathon (my son 13) just broke 50 for first time on Lake course. His short game improve thanks for your help. He made 2 up and downs and only 1 time 3 putts. Swing is getting more consistent.

I was following Pampling on US PGA this week. He did well in 8th place

YC

Hi YC
Give Jon my congrats. He's game is coming along nicely

Yes Pampling finished Tied 8th at the Farmers Insurance Open, a great result and good start to his season. A great first round of 64 helped the cause. He made US$162000 for the week.

@pushslice - I agree, TW is as right sided as I have ever seen him. I expect some wins from him soon. His driving accuracy has improved significantly.

@TITW - I did that video of TW a while back now. I will need to do a more recent one as it has changed a bit more RSS again since then.

On another note, RSS students had some recent wins
Firstly Marc Ong won the China Junior Championship shooting scores of 68,67,71 to finish 10 under and victory by 9 shots.
Yesterday at Tanah Merah long time RSS Koh Sock Wee won the local qualifier for a spot in the HSBC Womens Championship. She had a disappointing 80 in round 1 but a great round of 72 to take the win.
She will now play against the worlds best in 3 weeks time.

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

How is Spore Amateur Champ Edgar doing? No sound no news....
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 pm

pushslice wrote:
How is Spore Amateur Champ Edgar doing? No sound no news....

Not so great last year. Since returning from Leadbetter academy where the school sent him for a month he lost his game and all his confidence. Things are looking up, last monthjly medal at WGCC he won it with a 67. I think this year he will get back on track. Shows the fickle nature of the game but he is still working hard and remaining positive. I'm playing at WGCC with him tmrw
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 am

Hi Paul, RSS seems to be an amazing and easy way of golfing but got few quiries on them.
1. Since more weight on left knee as compared to LSS, wont you get injury on the left knee. I am saying this even though LSS is having more weight on the right knee. But upon impact, the weight and stress moves to left knee which may not be as stressful as every moment is on left knee?

2. Do you need to straighten your left knee at impact?

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:07 am

Hi vwboy
Thats a great question and I get that a lot especially around the time TW was having issues with his knee. Since he has changed his swing to a more right sided action, his knee is under less stress than before. Basically the twisting of the left knee comes from the clearing of the hips. This is due to a golfer being too far back behind the ball and having to get back to his left side by a violent clearing movement with the hips. In the RSS, because we stay more forward, there is no need to clear the hips and the left knee can remain flexed, reducing the stresses on the knee. I have found a video from Gary Edwin explaining this.

FYI there is hundreds of these videos on his website if you are interested in researching more. You can subscribe to his site. Here is the link.

http://www.garyedwin.com/
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am

hi paul,
so basically, the left knee should be as relax as possible right? its fixed there as one person rotate his or her body, there is also no need for straighting of the left leg during impact right?
Back to top Go down
Salty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Salty

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Take lessons with paul and find out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a Right Sided Swing??
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13