Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is a Right Sided Swing??

Go down 
+78
Harold03
TourSwing
DRGjr72
Turbo
ak7776
pushslice
haragolfer
canonphilips
Kookk
ironstarz
hoppie
TigaWood
skybobo
Gray
TheFocalPoint
aimscratch
Frederick
devehrey
travis
iori_del
duffader
HH
HyBriD
scram
EricSKH
clarencekim
edhannan
markteo
JetA1
mengteck71
JonL_TK
mika
ghoonk
TITW
garfield
mervyntan
ironhead
chemicalpro
DGman
SC
slinger
Birdman
Stardust
bryantee84
weesern
rocky
Ssquirrel
Agumon
RegiT
guybrush
S70B
eiji
daveaha
nigelbob
rc311
Soka
jurongtiger
who8168
smails
shorthitter
Linch
jaketang
Roystonnn
G_Man
RogY
Winston
Dstruc
noonan
Lamts18
kopiO
golf_snowman
tronos
watermyforrest
ironfist
nientsu
missmoon
redbull
Right_sided_coach
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:56 pm

JetA1 wrote:
had a 1hr lesson with Paul today. Fixed my error within 5 mins. bye bye wild hooks!
thanks Paul! (Feel free to post my b4 and after videos)

Alans was an easy and quick one to fix due to the fundamentals we have worked on in previous lessons. When I first met him less than a year ago, it was not for a lesson but for a handicap test. Unfortunately he was unsuccessful in passing the test and too his credit he signed up for some lessons to correct some problems he had in his swing. He has since gone on to pass his h/cap test. Since I moved to RCC, his swing had fallen a little off track but his set up had remained quite good. Once we identified the problem with his radius and gave him a drill to work on, the hook went away and his impact improved. The swing looks pretty good and simple and his golf should continue to improve.
The good thing about the RSS is that we have a model and when things get off track it is easy to correct things by understanding the 3 simple concepts of Radius, Direction of Turn and Weight Shift.

Heres the Before and After which was literally 5 minutes work
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi Paul

Just wanna say thanks for the 1hr lesson to fine tune the swing. Ball flight trajectory is better and the swing is now much more comfortable (still want to swing harder though)! Will remember and work on the given tips!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 am

Its been a busy few weeks with our players competing all over Asia and there have been some great results

Edgar Oh backed up his win in the Singapore Amateur Championship by also winning the individual title at the Lion City Cup.
Edgar shot a final round 68 at the difficult Selangor course to win the title by 2 strokes. Singapore finished 3rd in the team event

Edgar is now preparing for the Barclays Singapore Open where he will be the youngest ever to compete. I made some small changes to his swing last Saturday but all in all he is in good form and excited about playing alongside some of the worlds best players

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 Edgar+Lion+City+Cup

Scott Barr has had an impressive run of form in recent times. He won the Japan q-school tournament with a score of -23, then placed 7th in Taiwan Masters. Last week he tied for 5th at Iskandar Johor Open collecting around $47000 USD and moving to 17th on the Order of Merit.

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 Scott+Barr+image+3

Apart from our elite players, many of my students are improving their swings and scores which as a coach is just as satisfying.

Have a great week of golf

Cheers

RSC
Back to top Go down
aimscratch
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:07 pm

hey RSC

I was thinking of getting golf lessons, I already have my handicap, but because of army i havent been playing and I pretty much forgot everything.
How much are your charges and where are the places you coach at? It'd be great if you could PM me with some information.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 pm

aimscratch wrote:
hey RSC

I was thinking of getting golf lessons, I already have my handicap, but because of army i havent been playing and I pretty much forgot everything.
How much are your charges and where are the places you coach at? It'd be great if you could PM me with some information.

Thanks!

Hi aimscratch. Like your nick.

I have PM'ed you some information. As you have less than 10 posts you may not be able to reply.

My email paul@paultudorgolf.com

Cheers
Back to top Go down
travis
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
travis

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for all your help. The lessons were a great help and the RSS has given me a different thinking and understanding on the game. I have played a few rounds since I got home and I have noticed a lot more consistency in my game. Next time I am in Singapore I will catch up with you again.

Rgds

Travis
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 am

Hi Paul,

I have some queries regarding Right side swing and my swing technique, firstly i only came across this RSS and LSS technique today after joining the forum.

Some history, i start golf in 2003 and during that time me and my wife joined OCC Gary Edwin's Golf Academy and took up the beginner course, 10 lesson in total. We went through the lesson and our instructor was a malay guy name Kalid. What i would like to know is during that time, was the RSS technique taught to the students? I actually stopped playing since 2006/07 and only pick up golf again recently and trying to pick up my fundamental. From the video, it seems that the technique pass on to me was a RSS technique. I intend to pick up refreshment courses and i hope the instructor won't "correct" my swing too much, i will prefer to go to a RSS instructor like yourself if my swing technique is really a RSS.

I did take a video of my swing, i am not sure if it's a bit troublesome for you to view it and comment, if you do have time do PM so i can send you the link.

And lastly, were you 1 of the instructor at the Gary Edwin academy in OCC last time? may i know which golf clubs are you teaching now? I would really like to pay you a visit to know more about the refreshment lessons that you provide. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

Hi He can be found at Raffles Country Club Driving Range Smile
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:52 am

hoppie wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have some queries regarding Right side swing and my swing technique, firstly i only came across this RSS and LSS technique today after joining the forum.

Some history, i start golf in 2003 and during that time me and my wife joined OCC Gary Edwin's Golf Academy and took up the beginner course, 10 lesson in total. We went through the lesson and our instructor was a malay guy name Kalid. What i would like to know is during that time, was the RSS technique taught to the students? I actually stopped playing since 2006/07 and only pick up golf again recently and trying to pick up my fundamental. From the video, it seems that the technique pass on to me was a RSS technique. I intend to pick up refreshment courses and i hope the instructor won't "correct" my swing too much, i will prefer to go to a RSS instructor like yourself if my swing technique is really a RSS.

I did take a video of my swing, i am not sure if it's a bit troublesome for you to view it and comment, if you do have time do PM so i can send you the link.

And lastly, were you 1 of the instructor at the Gary Edwin academy in OCC last time? may i know which golf clubs are you teaching now? I would really like to pay you a visit to know more about the refreshment lessons that you provide. Thanks

Hi hoppie, welcome to GR

I know Kalid and back when he was teaching with the Gary Edwin Academy, he definitely would have taught you the RSS. All our instructors will teach this method,
I worked at OCC from 2007 till around 6 months ago. We have now relocated to Raffles Country Club and although we no longer are called the Gary Edwin Academy, I still teach the RSS.
I would be happy to look at your video and discuss with you about a refresher course. Please PM me your details and I will contact you

Regards

Paul
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:42 am

Interesting Statistic from HSBC Junior Challenge at Laguna

Boys A division there are 6 RSS'ers in the top 10 (including the leader on -7)

Boys B division there are 2 RSS'ers in the top 4

Girls A division there are 4 RSS'ers in the top 7

Girls B division there are 2 RSS'ers in the top 3

Plus many others scattered through the field.....Go the right siders Beer
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
@DGman - I guessed it was either yourself or Ivan that got TITW back on track. Good work,, I am sure we can consider you for assistant role. My mate is gonna hit it damn long when he gets hits Kajiki

@focalpoint - There are no other RSS instructors in Singapore but I have secret training ground closer to you. I will PM you the details

Hi Paul, could you PM me the details as well. I too stay n the East side and this thread got me interested in learning more about this swing.

Currently, I have a self taught confused swing.
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 am

A nice vid of pampling hitting a driver.

Back to top Go down
canonphilips
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 am

niceeee. i switched from lss to rss. had a bit of problem at first but it ironed out after awhile. rss to me i feel is more consistent but of cos it all boils down to the amt of hrs spent training.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:25 pm

I tried the tips given for the right sided swing, but i keep pulling the shots left. Anyone faced the same problems as me?
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Pls go look for paul @ rcc. W/o looking at ur swing, nobody can tell u exactly y u pull ur shots left.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 am

Right siders win at Keppel

CIMB Junior Golf Tournament Programme Qualifying Tournament 2011

Congratulations to RSS students Lucius Toh and Rachel Chaeng for winning the Boys and Girls divisions

Lucius had a great final round of 72 to win by 5 strokes

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:22 pm

PETALING JAYA: Young golfer Mohd Iylia Jamil was basking in joy after achieving the rare distinction of winning his very first tournament in the professional ranks at the Kinrara Golf Club yesterday.

The 20-year-old, who turned pro two weeks ago, carded a two-under 70 in the final round of the Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) Kinrara Classic to win the title.

Iylia is believed to be the first Malaysian pro to win a tournament on his first attempt.

After the win his first comment was "...RightSidedSwing ROCKS !! IT WORK SOOO GOOD UNDER PRESSURE..."

What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 S_pg7610

ONEASIA Tour: Indonesian PGA Championship

After just one lesson with my colleague Chris Marriott, Rory Hie has a one stroke lead after the 3rd round of The Indonesian PGA Championship. He has had rounds of 68,68,67 to be at 13 under.
His before and after swing was a big change but he has been able to put it into tournament play immediately.
The final round pressure will be a good test to see if his swing holds up.

Its good to see some Right siders from the Asia region doing well

http://www.oneasia.asia/index.php?option=com_content&id=224&type=tic&report=tmscores.cgi&tourn=OA01&season=2011&jsout=x&xsl=../xsl/tournscores.xsl
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:

ONEASIA Tour: Indonesian PGA Championship

After just one lesson with my colleague Chris Marriott, Rory Hie has a one stroke lead after the 3rd round of The Indonesian PGA Championship. He has had rounds of 68,68,67 to be at 13 under.
His before and after swing was a big change but he has been able to put it into tournament play immediately.
The final round pressure will be a good test to see if his swing holds up.

Its good to see some Right siders from the Asia region doing well

http://www.oneasia.asia/index.php?option=com_content&id=224&type=tic&report=tmscores.cgi&tourn=OA01&season=2011&jsout=x&xsl=../xsl/tournscores.xsl

Rory finished just one stroke behind the leader in 2nd place and pocketed US$102000. He birdied 17 and 18 but we were told his caddie (his father) may have cost him the tournament with some "crazy" decisions
The winner was Andre Stolz who is also a student of the RSS.

In other news Rod Pampling returned to form on the PGA Tour with a 12th place finish at Bay Hill Invitational. He pocketed around US$98000
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Paul, I am amazed. With one lesson, was Rory using the RSS fully? Is it that easy to switch from LSS to RSS? or was it the case of his exceptional athletic ability

so Rory's father is still very much on top of his career hmmmm.

he used to be the Top 5 Amateur in USA. Par with Ricky Fowler, Jamie Lovemark etc. I wish him and RSS the best.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

The 10th National Inter-School Golf Championships were played over the past 3 days at the Marina Bay Golf Course, with many of our Academy students successfully claiming Individual and Team titles.

Secondary 2 student Lucius Toh shot solid rounds of 75,77 to take out the Individual Boys "C" Division Championship by a comfortable 6-stroke margin over another of our students Leonard Tee, also representing the Singapore Sports School. The Girls "C" Division Championship came down to the final hole with Rachel Cheang hanging on for a 2-stroke victory over Wong Yen Ting. Maisarah Bte Saadon finished just outside the medals in 4th position for the Championship.

The Boys "B" Division Championship was dominated by the Singapore Sports School students, taking out 5 of the top 6 placings. Defending champion Marc Ong and fellow SGA National Squad member Edgar Oh could not quite get the birdie putts to drop during the Individual competition, both players finishing the 36-hole event on 3-over par 147. Fellow Sports School student Nicklaus Chiam had no such trouble on the greens, reeling off 5 birdies over his 2nd round back nine to shoot an impressive 3-under par 69. Nicklaus was crowned the 2011 Champion with Edgar knocking Marc out of 2nd place on a countback. Academy students Abdul Hadi and Billie Pay also performed well in the Boys "B" Division, finishing just outside the medals in 5th and 6th place respectively.

In the Girls "B" Division, Lim Jia Yi returned to competition for the first time this year. Jia Yi posted rounds of 74,79 to take 2nd place behind the in-form Jennifer Yan.

After the completion of the Individual events, Day 3 witnessed some terrific golf in the fight for the National Inter-School Team Championships. In the Girls "A" Division, Phoebe Tan teamed up with Kok Jo Ee to take out the first of the Girls Titles up for grabs. Phoebe's round of 77, steered the VJC Team to victory by 8 strokes.

In the Boys "B" Division, it was no surprise to see the Singapore Sports School's Team of Marc Ong and Edgar Oh claim the Championship trophy. The pair of 15yr old's sailed home for a commanding 17-stroke winning margin, courtesy of Marc Ong's incredible 7-under par round of 65! Marc put on a brilliant ball-striking and putting display around Marina Bay Golf Course, making 7 birdies and not a single bogey on his scorecard. Marc's 65 matched the lowest score ever recorded by one of our juniors in tournament play, equalling the 65 recorded by his Team-mate Edgar Oh last year at Laguna National, Masters Course. An impressive feat by these two talented junior golfers.

In the Girls "B" Division, Rachel Lim and Dion Lim teamed-up to claim 3rd place for the Singapore Sports School, just 2 shots out of 2nd. Elizabeth Ang and her team-mate representing SJC took out 4th.

The Singapore Sports School's Lucius Toh and Leonard Tee proved a tough Team to beat in the Boys "C" Division, claiming the Championship Title by a massive 16-strokes! Lucius, having also won the Individual title, posted a fine round of 74 to steer his Team to victory.

It was not so clear-cut in the Girls "C" Division after Rachel Cheang and Choi Seon Hee representing the Singapore Sports School finished on exactly the same score as their opponents from MGS. Unfortunately the countback went against our girls and they had to be content with 2nd place.

Congratulations to all our juniors for their achievements at this Championship!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 pm

The 2 newest converts to the RSS have got off to good starts this week

Michael Campbell opened with a 5 under 67 at the Volvo China Open.

On the Asian Tour, Rory Hie has opened with a 4 under 68.

Both players have adapted quickly to the new swing and are showing a big turn around in their results.

Good luck for the rest of the week
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:11 pm

pushslice wrote:
Paul, I am amazed. With one lesson, was Rory using the RSS fully? Is it that easy to switch from LSS to RSS? or was it the case of his exceptional athletic ability

Rory finished the Indonesian Masters in a tie for 9th this week on 8 under par. It is his second event since he started on the RSS after also registering a second place. Here was his quote from his interview after the final round

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20110424565467594631

He was delighted with his ball striking. “It was probably one of the weeks that I hit the ball. I only missed one fairway and hit my tee shots really solid. I just couldn’t capitalize on the birdie putts again.”

He rued a poor second round which dashed his chances of being in contention in the US$750,000 Asian Tour event.

“I putted so badly in the second round. You can’t have any bad putting days out here or you will be left behind. If it wasn’t for the second round, I would probably be in contention.

Here is just a quick video of the simple changes he has made. In short he is narrowing out his wide takeaway and minimizing his over rotating shoulders
From what Chris says, this kid is very talented

He played a practice round with Westwood and reportedly out drove him on several occasions

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:38 pm

So did he stroke or hit his putt???
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:42 pm

duffader wrote:

FYI he hasnt done any work on putting just swing so far. How about I just send him to BFG and buy a ZEN and all problems solved lol! Beer
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
duffader wrote:

FYI he hasnt done any work on putting just swing so far. How about I just send him to BFG and buy a ZEN and all problems solved lol! Beer

hahahaha... how about RSS start making golf clubs and everyone will have solid ball striking. Great swing with great clubs.... Solid....

actually, not a bad idea to send him to the den and get a ZEN putter. Then you will get a cut for the putter.. Smile Hard to ask com from Scotty or Odyssey. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Right Sided Swing??   What is a Right Sided Swing?? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a Right Sided Swing??
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next