Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caught for going through red light in JB

Go down 
+33
Gray
Ocean
nutty88
Khorkar
fata
marmarchen
devil_wq
slinger
enwee
bogeyman72
Technospaz
Bangla123
beehome
asahi
ginn
Gofnut
jwing
Roystonnn
jster
haragolfer
kamen
leerock
drawbias
dyeosh
duffader
Vinny
JonL_TK
shamusan
andrew-golf
S70B
Ssquirrel
eiji
Tituman
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:38 am

Technospaz wrote:
I also understand why you'd think that such attitudes would be eradicated if the Opposition wins. I'd agree but certainly not in the short term. Part of the problem lies in the low pay the police force receives. As a result, some tend to do unscrupulous things to survive. Of course, if such actions are condoned by their colleagues and superiors, then the rot continues. The Opposition would surely try to change this but it's not an overnight thing.

Once the rot sets in, it will require tremendous effort, bravery and strong leadership to eradicate. Am very glad that in Spore, we overcame such situations due to efforts taken in the early years.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:39 am

There r actually ppl here who don't drive across the causeway.

How the heck r we suppose to deduce the light that was flashing was the green one from your 'rant'?

Seriously u need to proof read ur own piece of work.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:40 am

IMHO, if we are guests in other countries, best that we go with the flow and accept that that's how things are over there, carry on with what we want to do there, complete it then come back home to reminisce about the experience while enjoying bitching about it in our safe haven SGP.

No point "metal teeth" with the authorities in a foreign land, lose-lose as guests in their home land. If money can solve the problem, it is not a problem.

Have a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:44 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
IMHO, if we are guests in other countries, best that we go with the flow and accept that that's how things are over there, carry on with what we want to do there, complete it then come back home to reminisce about the experience while enjoying bitching about it in our safe haven SGP.

No point "metal teeth" with the authorities in a foreign land, lose-lose as guests in their home land. If money can solve the problem, it is not a problem.

Have a great weekend!
Not only "metal teeth" in foreign land, don't "metal teeth" with local customs officers also hor.

Btw @bogeyman72, "If money can solve the problem, it is not a problem." this the very very true.

Last edited by enwee on Fri May 10, 2013 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:46 am

Ok ok... roger that!
Embarassed

enwee wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Have a great weekend!
Not only "metal teeth" in foreign land, don't "metal teeth" with local customs officers also hor.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:00 am

Technospaz wrote:
What I can tell you is that if you drive a SG plate car into Malaysia, the chances of you getting hauled over by the police are higher. They won't haul you over for the sake of it but they are less lenient. A Malaysian plate car can drive at 120kph (10kph over the limit) but if a SG plate drives at 115kph, the chances of getting caught are higher.

Why?

1. See Malaysia's ranking on the Corruption Perception Index at Transparency.org (http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/#myAnchor1)

2. SG plate cars tend to have SGians who are less likely to kick a fuss because they are apprehensive, unfamiliar with the authorities and may just be more conservative in thinking and approach.

3. SG plate cars with SGians means they have money. This, in turn, means that they are more likely able to pay the fine. And, they can't run because they may get stopped at Customs until the fine is paid for.

I sympathize with you, Titu. You were caught in a tough spot. Seems like the policeman already knew what he wanted.

I also understand why you'd think that such attitudes would be eradicated if the Opposition wins. I'd agree but certainly not in the short term. Part of the problem lies in the low pay the police force receives. As a result, some tend to do unscrupulous things to survive. Of course, if such actions are condoned by their colleagues and superiors, then the rot continues. The Opposition would surely try to change this but it's not an overnight thing.

In any event, you learned a valuable lesson and I'm glad you imparted that to us. We'll be more careful when driving around JB. Thanks bud.

many moons ago when i was just a wannabee.....

police caught me n my dad speeding on the way to malacca.... my dad just handed out $50 tucked below his driving license to the officer n off we went on our way

i ask my dad why he never even contest.... he just say "its people like them that will ensure spore will have a better future"

from then on.... i just pay my fine
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:02 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
If money can solve the problem, it is not a problem.

i likey......

we shd get a game together!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:07 am

slinger wrote:

Your 'fine' here is the police station/ticket fine or the special "policeman's charity dinner & dance ticket" fine?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:20 am

Technospaz wrote:
slinger wrote:

Your 'fine' here is the police station/ticket fine or the special "policeman's charity dinner & dance ticket" fine?

why would i want to drink kopi at the police station..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
slinger wrote:

why would i want to drink kopi at the police station..... What a Face

True. Their kopi is way too sweet and the walls are adorned with gruesome photos of accident victims. Not pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:57 am

Technospaz wrote:
What I can tell you is that if you drive a SG plate car into Malaysia, the chances of you getting hauled over by the police are higher. They won't haul you over for the sake of it but they are less lenient. A Malaysian plate car can drive at 120kph (10kph over the limit) but if a SG plate drives at 115kph, the chances of getting caught are higher.

Why?

1. See Malaysia's ranking on the Corruption Perception Index at Transparency.org (http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/#myAnchor1)

2. SG plate cars tend to have SGians who are less likely to kick a fuss because they are apprehensive, unfamiliar with the authorities and may just be more conservative in thinking and approach.

3. SG plate cars with SGians means they have money. This, in turn, means that they are more likely able to pay the fine. And, they can't run because they may get stopped at Customs until the fine is paid for.

I sympathize with you, Titu. You were caught in a tough spot. Seems like the policeman already knew what he wanted.

In any event, you learned a valuable lesson and I'm glad you imparted that to us. We'll be more careful when driving around JB. Thanks bud.

@ TS:
Tks Jason for your understanding. However, even in Singapore, if i am approaching a traffic light junction and if i am just a couple of metres away from the line and the light suddenly turned amber, I will still go through rather than hitting the emergency brake which will put me in the middle of the box, whether I am travelling at below 50kph or more. Tks again bro.

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:10 am

Bangla123 wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Guys, Did I said I ran the red light? I said the light suddenly blink and I was too near the line to pull an emergency brake. THE BLOODY LIGHT BLINKING WAS GREEN LIGHT BLINKING AND NOT RED LIGHT BLINKING!!!!!!!!! If I don't have a bloody appointment I would have challenge him to bring me down to the station. It was he who bloody initiated the asking for kopi money!!!!
Thanks guys...Good night!!!!!!

Your topic is " caught for going through red light in JB"

Dearest Bangla, maybe I should have phrased it better but I guessed I was thinking from the point of view of a person who had been fined for going through red light, when I did not. I only noticed the street level traffic light with the small sign with the bus and car signal started blinking in green and I made a judgement call to go through in that instance. Just suay enough that there was one corrupted cop waiting to suppiement his pocket and I was there for him. I was ranting on my bad luck here. Guess next time I will just grind my teeth and stop posting about an incident in my life. Tks for reading and comment. Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:23 am

S70B wrote:
There r actually ppl here who don't drive across the causeway.

How the heck r we suppose to deduce the light that was flashing was the green one from your 'rant'?

Seriously u need to proof read ur own piece of work.

@ S70B
Hi Rex, if you have time, go to this particular traffic junction and sit out the green light through. You will noticed at the street level traffic light, there is a light with bus and car on it and it was this light which started blinking green indicating its going into red soon, as I approached it within metres of the line. I made a judgement call and guess was unlucky to have a corrupt cop at the other end, 150M away who just judged by saying the other car stop why didn't you? Not withstanding the car which stopped could be few metres behind me. If his intention was to have kopi money, there is no way to escape and I am just unlucky to be there for him. I guess my rant here was more for being unlucky then anything else. Tks for the comment and cheers.

titu
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Tituman wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Guys, Did I said I ran the red light? I said the light suddenly blink and I was too near the line to pull an emergency brake. THE BLOODY LIGHT BLINKING WAS GREEN LIGHT BLINKING AND NOT RED LIGHT BLINKING!!!!!!!!! If I don't have a bloody appointment I would have challenge him to bring me down to the station. It was he who bloody initiated the asking for kopi money!!!!

Dearest Bangla, maybe I should have phrased it better but I guessed I was thinking from the point of view of a person who had been fined for going through red light, when I did not. I only noticed the street level traffic light with the small sign with the bus and car signal started blinking in green and I made a judgement call to go through in that instance. Just suay enough that there was one corrupted cop waiting to suppiement his pocket and I was there for him. I was ranting on my bad luck here. Guess next time I will just grind my teeth and stop posting about an incident in my life. Tks for reading and comment. Have a nice day.

You just got served .

Jokes aside, I think you should just slow down your driving.. Apart from the fine, you don't want a over zealous vehicle smashing into you at the junction. That's even more unlucky if you ask me. Drive safe
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Bro Slinger,

Okay.... but please, I SUPER High Handicapper.... please have patience and must gimme many many strokes hor..... thank you hah.....

Embarassed

slinger wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:
If money can solve the problem, it is not a problem.

i likey......

we shd get a game together!!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
Tituman wrote:

You just got served .

Jokes aside, I think you should just slow down your driving.. Apart from the fine, you don't want a over zealous vehicle smashing into you at the junction. That's even more unlucky if you ask me. Drive safe

Dearest Bangla, actually I have not been speeding for a long time already. Now I am into conserving my fuel consumption by doing"coasting" , that is going downhill on neutral and if there are slope coming up I just speed up a bit and then put to neutral. I seldom revved up beyond 2000 rpm for your info. So speeding was absolutely off my mind. Thats the honest truth. tks again for your concern. Appreciate it. I am too old to speed like in the past now. Now looking for better mileage after every refuel. For one who is doing"coasting" speeding is totally out of the question as that means using more fuel.
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Actually I think speeding is relative... Even if you are travelling within speed limit of say 50km/h when approaching a traffic light that's turning red, it's still speeding to me as it's dangerous! If you unfortunately hit somebody after the traffic light in this instance, good luck to you no matter what you say...
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:28 pm

I once got booked for beating an imaginary red light just before entering the causeway on JB side. Finally boiled down to the policeman asking for money. I took my wallet out and handed him cash, he said not to be too obvious.. as there were many cameras at the causway. Stretcher
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Tituman wrote:
Guys, when you are approaching a red light with metres to the line and the light started blinking, do you hit emergency brakes or go through it????? If I hit emergency brake, I will end up in the middle of the junction, thats for sure. So got no choice but to go for it. Suay suay one car in the other lane, at least 10-15 m behind me stop. And guess what, there was an old "lao Chiao" traffic policeman about 100-150m away in front asked me to stop and said i ran the red light. Bloody eyesight damm freeaking sharp eh??? I argued my point but he said he saw the other car stopped whereas I went through!!!! That means I ran through red light. For those who goes up through JB Causeway point, returning to Singapore, the first Traffic Light junction before the Malaysian Custom, right side is the highway, thats the junction I purportedly ran the light. He produced a book and said the fine is RM$300 and ask me to follow him to the Police Station to make payment. Told him I only got RM$50 and showed him my wallet there is only a 50 dollar piece. So go police station I also can't pay. He asked me what I want to do? Straight away I knew suay la, meet one %&^%&^$%#$@ corrupted traffic policeman who only wants money. I also in a hurry so told him he can have my RM$50. He said too little. At least 150. %&^$%^$^%$!!!!! I said don't have, only 50 as shown him my wallet. Fxxker saw I got a piece of S$50 in my wallet and said S$50 also can. WTF !!!!!!%$%$^%$#@$. Lan lan gave him as i got appointment so just coughed out the S$50 to him. Somemore, he made one last comment "" You happy, ? You happy? I also happy !!!" Wah lan eh. Boey Ta Han ah....Gave him a fxxking stare which could kill a rhino but cannot penetrade the bloody thickskin of this bloody corrupted cop. No wonder their citizen began to start voting for the opposition.
End of my rant!!

Isn't that stretch of road speed limit 25Km/h? Correct me if i'm wrong.He ask for $$ and you bribe him to get out of trouble.If he ask for $,you can take his ID and report him but you choose not too.By giving him $,you are no better than him. And lucky you, do it in here in SG, see where you end up!!! And don't tell me Sg is corruption free... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:45 am

#fata

Bro, just expressing my being unlucky here to meet a corrupted cop la and there is a difference who initiated the kopi money first. If he just issue me the ticket, you think I will persuade him to take kopi money? If you for one second think I will bribe a Singaporean cop if I committed an offence, then I think you are more stupid than you think of me. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:46 am

Tituman wrote:
#fata

Bro, just expressing my being unlucky here to meet a corrupted cop la and there is a difference who initiated the kopi money first. If he just issue me the ticket, you think I will persuade him to take kopi money? If you for one second think I will bribe a Singaporean cop if I committed an offence, then I think you are more stupid than you think of me. Twisted Evil

The way i look at it, you are lucky,not otherwise. You committed an offence which carries heavier penalties but slip thru for a mere $50 bucks. Rolling Eyes Hence you play a part in this case as you agree to give him the "kopi money".Like i've said, STOP giving them money and start reporting them... Cool
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Bro titu.

You have my sympathy. Sometime its just luck. Just becareful next time. We are afterball easy targets in MY.

Still waiting a game with you.
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:16 pm

fata wrote:
Tituman wrote:
#fata

The way i look at it, you are lucky,not otherwise. You committed an offence which carries heavier penalties but slip thru for a mere $50 bucks. Rolling Eyes Hence you play a part in this case as you agree to give him the "kopi money".Like i've said, STOP giving them money and start reporting them... Cool

Bro, have you experienced before? They dont make it easy for you to get ticket and pay. They try all ways to make you NOT get ticket to pay. I asked for the ticket. The cop kept saying that I need to pay immediate, HAVE to go to only ONE particular station and according to him is very FAR. Half an hour to forty-five minute drive. I said ok let's go. He hesitated, emphasized the distance and and said might have traffic jam now. You have people in your car, wife and kids in tol all eager to get back to Singapore. How to be so righteous and do the right thing?
Back to top Go down
ginn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Police man wanted bribe. you paid him. Period. Two wrongs doesn't make one right.

It is worst when someone try to justify their wrong doing or try to make it look lesser wrong...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Titu ah, think you better ride bicycle. Good exercise and don't need to worry about petrol. Also won't get caught in beating traffic lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caught for going through red light in JB
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next