Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something Light Hearted...

Go down 
+9
nientsu
kix
laybeedlang
slinger
Duval_S
puteh83
Khorkar
WiLL
alvin7379
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Something Light Hearted... Empty
PostSubject: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:15 am

Dear All,

Understand that things in the forum have been quite tense previously so decide to share something more light hearted to perk everyone up (well... maybe not everyone)...

Logged on in the morning and saw that GR is back in business! Really brighten up my day... then I switch to my 2nd favorite site and found that Man U have beaten Man City 3-1! Happy not becos Man U reach Carling Cup Semi Final (nothing to be proud of actually) but becos they shut both Tevez and Mancini's mouth... hehe lol!

p.s.
Sorry non Man U fans... geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
WiLL
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 am

Hi Alvin... me Liverpool fan but the way the played this season really makes me wonder whether i shd support Stoke instead..

Anyway, love the way MU played, AF used his veteran players and the passion & respect his players have for their clubs is enough to counter any team and tactics..

Congrats
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 am

Wah... Will... I have hardly come across a Liverpool fan whom share praises for MU. Excellent of you to be so objective Smile

Anyway... just thought there is something quite wrong with your Benitez... he seems to be talking too much and have been using the same excuse over and over again to explain why he did not get the team going. Dun be dis-hearted... you guys still got a great team, just got to 'sort' that guy out... Smile

But then again... should you decide to change... Man U camp is always open... hehe (now that Owen is with us... maybe it will help to bring some comfort should you decide to switch camp)... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 am

Same here, i dont know what to say abt Liverpool anymore. I am damn sian with them. Raffa got to go la...

Man U played well. you got to give it to Fergie for doing the job. The old man did it again...
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 am

Man u is not playiong well this season. Too reliant on rooney
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 am

Quote :
Khorkar wrote:
Same here, i dont know what to say abt Liverpool anymore. I am damn sian with them. Raffa got to go la...

Man U played well. you got to give it to Fergie for doing the job. The old man did it again...

My wish is King Kenny take over Rafa.....
Rafa did a good job but like our gofl equipment, there is always time to change....

....die hard 'Kops'.....(who is dying now after watching what happen this season)
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:01 pm

puteh83 wrote:

Yup... not quite the same team without Ronaldo and they gives me the feeling that very often they are scrapping off results rather than decisive victories.

Then again as I try to recall... every season they also seems to scrapping off good results in some stage or another... so... its the results that counts! hehe...

Just hang on there and see what they will bring to us at the end of the season... Hooray
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:01 pm

puteh83 wrote:

Liverpool is worst......nobody to rely on lol!

Spurs fan
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Quote :
slinger wrote:
puteh83 wrote:

Liverpool is worst......nobody to rely on Something Light Hearted... Lol

Spurs fan

The Fans......will give you goosepimples when you hear them singing at the kop's end.......even at time of crisis like now...

...Kop (die hard.....but dying)
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 pm

blame it on the owners......

ManU isnt that far of too.....

can see ManCity n Arsenal going for the top prize in a couple years time....

cant to say it, but i luv the way Arsenal play
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

ya lor....NB....people buy clubs to invest and bring more money....the bloody KOPs owners, buy club and load it with debts....
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
laybeedlang

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Same with MU owners, some more wanna come up wif some spoof to raise $$ buy letting people own a bit of MU, macam buying Singtel shares like dat.
Back to top Go down
kix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kix

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:17 pm

hi, got dis same wonderful feeling dis morning to know dat Man U had beaten Man C and GR reopened. hope the result can shut Tevez up. Fingers crossed for dis weekend when United will meet Arsenal. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Khorkar wrote:

My wish is King Kenny take over Rafa.....
Rafa did a good job but like our gofl equipment, there is always time to change....

....die hard 'Kops'.....(who is dying now after watching what happen this season)

Everytime i talk about Liverpool this season....my blood boil. Our best passer of the ball left bc our manager RB wanted to sell him and buy Gareth Barry. If I were him I will leave too. In wat way is Gareth Barry better than Xabi Alonso? Then got the stupid American owner saga. Do you know Liverpool pays over 30million pounds to the bank on intererest per year? Worst still the stupid owners refuse to sell even though there are prospective buyers. Reason leh? Price not high enuff.

Am honestly quite sad to see Manu in the same debt problem as well. I will never join them, but you gotta respect our red rivals. Fergie is one hell of a Manager. Giggs and Scholes is part of the endangered species on One Club players. They are model professionals as well....(as long as schole don tackle.....hahaha) One of my fav players will always be Cantona..... ...Liverpool rejected him!!!! same as how liverpool reject Christiano Ronaldo because his price would cause an uproar among the junior players!!!!!!!

OK...i need to relax.........breathe in....breathe out......
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:30 pm

m,

dun think the situation will change very much next year as well, even if RB leave (unless got new owners to write off the debts, like manCity).....

they lack depth in almost every department...... once the marquee players got injuried, siaw liao, n their junior academy aint as great as it once was
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Haha.... yes yes.... breathe....

I am no Liverpool fan but I can really feel the pain on Liverpool fans out there... not that Man U don't give me any pain... keke....

Just be happy that they are all still playing wonderful football... just some 'jokers' making a fool and blood sucking out of this game...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm

But I would hope Harry Rednapp or Martin O'neill comes to replace Rafa. I am impressed with Harry's Spurs. He bought well this season.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Liverpool fan here...i have been for a long time...what is happening now and why it breaks pple hearts is because of the high expectations after last season...i remember how i use to be happy just seeing them win.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm

nientsu wrote:
But I would hope Harry Rednapp or Martin O'neill comes to replace Rafa. I am impressed with Harry's Spurs. He bought well this season.

nientsu, Harry Rednapp? Seriously?

He's doing well at Spurs, but he's definitely not good enough for liverpool. Martin O'Neill I would consider...though if RB leaves my personal choices would be either King Kenny or Hiddink.

The only way RB is leaving though is if he wants to go himself. The club can't afford (literally) to sack him.
Back to top Go down
WiLL
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:56 pm

i love football more than i love Liverpool tats why i appreciate the way MU played... Fletcher improves really lots... very aggressive and deliver Scholes-like passing..
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Mizzman wrote:
nientsu wrote:

nientsu, Harry Rednapp? Seriously?

He's doing well at Spurs, but he's definitely not good enough for liverpool. Martin O'Neill I would consider...though if RB leaves my personal choices would be either King Kenny or Hiddink.

The only way RB is leaving though is if he wants to go himself. The club can't afford (literally) to sack him.

bro.

Liverpool can't afford anything. It's just depressing.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Hehe... I'm sure they can make do with some spare cash with the sales of Torres.... :PP
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:35 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
puteh83 wrote:

Yup... not quite the same team without Ronaldo and they gives me the feeling that very often they are scrapping off results rather than decisive victories.

Then again as I try to recall... every season they also seems to scrapping off good results in some stage or another... so... its the results that counts! hehe...

Just hang on there and see what they will bring to us at the end of the season... Hooray

no lah...I'm a Man u fan and i really don't see them winning anything this year.
U'll see what i mean when rooney gets injured. If they field Super sub Owen, he will look as good as he is on the beach.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm

How about we play a game of SOCCER instead of golf on one of the sunday morning? Anyone keen?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 pm

I thought Chocoman is organizing this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Light Hearted...   Something Light Hearted... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something Light Hearted...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next