Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caught for going through red light in JB

Go down 
+33
Gray
Ocean
nutty88
Khorkar
fata
marmarchen
devil_wq
slinger
enwee
bogeyman72
Technospaz
Bangla123
beehome
asahi
ginn
Gofnut
jwing
Roystonnn
jster
haragolfer
kamen
leerock
drawbias
dyeosh
duffader
Vinny
JonL_TK
shamusan
andrew-golf
S70B
Ssquirrel
eiji
Tituman
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Caught for going through red light in JB Empty
PostSubject: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Guys, when you are approaching a red light with metres to the line and the light started blinking, do you hit emergency brakes or go through it????? If I hit emergency brake, I will end up in the middle of the junction, thats for sure. So got no choice but to go for it. Suay suay one car in the other lane, at least 10-15 m behind me stop. And guess what, there was an old "lao Chiao" traffic policeman about 100-150m away in front asked me to stop and said i ran the red light. Bloody eyesight damm freeaking sharp eh??? I argued my point but he said he saw the other car stopped whereas I went through!!!! That means I ran through red light. For those who goes up through JB Causeway point, returning to Singapore, the first Traffic Light junction before the Malaysian Custom, right side is the highway, thats the junction I purportedly ran the light. He produced a book and said the fine is RM$300 and ask me to follow him to the Police Station to make payment. Told him I only got RM$50 and showed him my wallet there is only a 50 dollar piece. So go police station I also can't pay. He asked me what I want to do? Straight away I knew suay la, meet one %&^%&^$%#$@ corrupted traffic policeman who only wants money. I also in a hurry so told him he can have my RM$50. He said too little. At least 150. %&^$%^$^%$!!!!! I said don't have, only 50 as shown him my wallet. Fxxker saw I got a piece of S$50 in my wallet and said S$50 also can. WTF !!!!!!%$%$^%$#@$. Lan lan gave him as i got appointment so just coughed out the S$50 to him. Somemore, he made one last comment "" You happy, ? You happy? I also happy !!!" Wah lan eh. Boey Ta Han ah....Gave him a fxxking stare which could kill a rhino but cannot penetrade the bloody thickskin of this bloody corrupted cop. No wonder their citizen began to start voting for the opposition.
End of my rant!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:34 pm

And the point of this rant is?

You ran a red light. You got off with bribing a foreign police officer instead of having to waste your time and head down to the station and find help to settle the payment or be in remand. This is so similar to Andrew_golf rant on speeding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:43 pm

What has bribing a policeman, and getting away with it; for having committed an offence got anything to do with voting for the opposition?

You would rather he issue you a ticket and you pay the RM300 fine?
Maybe you should try the same in Singapore when you run the red light next time and see if you are more pleased with the results; if not then maybe wait for next elections and vote in the opposition.

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:49 pm

U run red light if braking is gonna put u in the middle of the junction means u r going too fast for your own good la.

I also dun understand your rant. You committed an offence and you r pissed you got off lighter than standard penalty? simi sai?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:53 pm

eiji wrote:
And the point of this rant is?

You ran a red light. You got off with bribing a foreign police officer instead of having to waste your time and head down to the station and find help to settle the payment or be in remand. This is so similar to Andrew_golf rant on speeding.

Thanks Bro Nic.

you have a nice day too Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Simi LAN JIAO.

You run red light. Pay half the bloody fine. Bribed a foreign police officer

So now I am to understand that driving too fast to stop is other people's fault la

Cos they are stomping on my accelerator for me

Simply put. If I bribed someone. I wld shut the hell up and not rant abt my lack of driving ability!!

Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Question is... Why were you late for your appointment in the first place?
Ur a grown ass man... Am sure you would be able to manage your time properly!

Ur late for an appointment and ur speeding... U put urself & others in danger!

Cos of your tardiness... U end up being later for your appointment!
Next time... Plan ahead
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

S70B wrote:
U run red light if braking is gonna put u in the middle of the junction means u r going too fast for your own good la.

I also dun understand your rant. You committed an offence and you r pissed you got off lighter than standard penalty? simi sai?

ROFL +1
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Kiang jiu ho, Mai keh kiang....
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm

I normally see police standby there to wait for people to make mistake.
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:31 pm

U count yourself lucky in getting away with only half the fine and still manage to get back for your appointment ... If u hv gone to the police station, u pay more n probably hv to cancel your appointment.
Back to top Go down
leerock
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Should just ask the policeman to issue summon on the spot and dun bother talking to him.
That's what I usually do in JB
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Bro I think you had just met a very kind Malaysian policeman. LOL!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:48 pm

should have had a blackout right when you open the wallet. Would have ended up with 3 x $50 notes extra.
Back to top Go down
jster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Wats the rant abt??? U made a mistake.. A mistake is a mistake. $300 or $50?? Pick ur choice.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:27 pm

That traffic junction is a summon trap!!
Those TP hide behind the flyover pillar waiting to catch his fish for
1. Beat red light
2. Stuck in yellow junction box (in case of heavy traffic)
3. No seatbelt

S$50 in exchange for convenience & time, ok la.
This officer is kind enuff not to report u for bribery leh.
If u do this in SG, i cun imagine wor.
U bery lucky to meet this officer.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:33 pm

haragolfer wrote:
should have had a blackout right when you open the wallet. Would have ended up with 3 x $50 notes extra.

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Have lived in JB for recent past 3 years and I noticed that drivers there like to chiong the red lights so much so when I have to make a quick stop when the lights turn red, I would instinctly look at the rear mirror to see if any idiot driver behind is ready to kiss my back. Needless to say, don't ever stop when the lights are orange. Sad to say, such is the life there.
Back to top Go down
ginn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:46 pm

If you don't want to be in this situation; just follow the law. Don't follow what other people do.

peace
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Titu, dunno why you mention 'opposition'. Clearly this has nothing to do with politics.

Just your mistake. Pay for it and live with it ya.

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:51 am

Guys, Did I said I ran the red light? I said the light suddenly blink and I was too near the line to pull an emergency brake. THE BLOODY LIGHT BLINKING WAS GREEN LIGHT BLINKING AND NOT RED LIGHT BLINKING!!!!!!!!! If I don't have a bloody appointment I would have challenge him to bring me down to the station. It was he who bloody initiated the asking for kopi money!!!!
Thanks guys...Good night!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:04 am

green light blinking scratch

U mean the traffic light is faulty?
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:54 am

Tituman wrote:
Guys, Did I said I ran the red light? I said the light suddenly blink and I was too near the line to pull an emergency brake. THE BLOODY LIGHT BLINKING WAS GREEN LIGHT BLINKING AND NOT RED LIGHT BLINKING!!!!!!!!! If I don't have a bloody appointment I would have challenge him to bring me down to the station. It was he who bloody initiated the asking for kopi money!!!!
Thanks guys...Good night!!!!!!

Your topic is " caught for going through red light in JB"

Last edited by Bangla123 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:55 am

Calling you a liar is probably too harsh... In trying to think of a better way of putting this.. Your probably " not very bright"
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:28 am

What I can tell you is that if you drive a SG plate car into Malaysia, the chances of you getting hauled over by the police are higher. They won't haul you over for the sake of it but they are less lenient. A Malaysian plate car can drive at 120kph (10kph over the limit) but if a SG plate drives at 115kph, the chances of getting caught are higher.

Why?

1. See Malaysia's ranking on the Corruption Perception Index at Transparency.org (http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/#myAnchor1)

2. SG plate cars tend to have SGians who are less likely to kick a fuss because they are apprehensive, unfamiliar with the authorities and may just be more conservative in thinking and approach.

3. SG plate cars with SGians means they have money. This, in turn, means that they are more likely able to pay the fine. And, they can't run because they may get stopped at Customs until the fine is paid for.

I sympathize with you, Titu. You were caught in a tough spot. Seems like the policeman already knew what he wanted.

I also understand why you'd think that such attitudes would be eradicated if the Opposition wins. I'd agree but certainly not in the short term. Part of the problem lies in the low pay the police force receives. As a result, some tend to do unscrupulous things to survive. Of course, if such actions are condoned by their colleagues and superiors, then the rot continues. The Opposition would surely try to change this but it's not an overnight thing.

In any event, you learned a valuable lesson and I'm glad you imparted that to us. We'll be more careful when driving around JB. Thanks bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caught for going through red light in JB   Caught for going through red light in JB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caught for going through red light in JB
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next