Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How far do you drive?

Go down 
+82
hkhamateur
nojackdontdoit
DLWL
Angchug
falconlgh
Suzuki
Bear
lufbra
jamezponk
4dtoto
drawbias
AJTAURUS
Begbie
jeffman88
ngjw89
Bangla123
3131T
pippin
mloy
watermyforrest
nutty88
pushslice
shamusan
essentiale
pocketace
skybobo
Shanks!
p3nboy
wilkang
golfnut
Lee36328
rw18
Slicer51
gohkunyang
mi5trooper
madmaru
jdyap
JonL_TK
golfool2009
Duval_S
pakleow
Ironman
tsuiallan
BabyCroc
DimWit Kid
genexis
tronos
Derek
blee67
BigblackGoof
Frederick
Muimui
eiji
nyisoe
slinger
zhenxua
jaketang
Khorkar
TigaWood
simbk
garath1981
Technospaz
chocoman
Turbo
joshyo
MrBig
buweeza
jimmychoo
TDO
nientsu
fergo
nrafee
LousyGolfer
lengkian
escyb
samT
mUAr_cHEe
Ssquirrel
mox
dmateo
Schulo
simon1982
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
rw18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
rw18

How far do you drive? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 am

Turbo wrote:
rw18 wrote:
With my new R11s with bb shaft I'm hitting avg 240-250m .

Wow! Shocked Perhaps my next driver should be a R11s ... Laughing

Bro,try it no regrets!!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 am

rw18 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
rw18 wrote:

Bro,try it no regrets!!

I heard someone commented that the impact sound (hallow) is horrible compared to its precessor, is it true?

You're using the Asian or US Spec?

Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am

Turbo wrote:
rw18 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
rw18 wrote:

Bro,try it no regrets!!

I heard someone commented that the impact sound (hallow) is horrible compared to its precessor, is it true?

You're using the Asian or US Spec?

i've tried the driver IMO not the best sounding driver even compared to the previous model it's a bit muted . was @ bishan driving range took out the demo clubs R11S and razr fit . razr fit sound much nicer .
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 am

madmaru wrote:

i've tried the driver IMO not the best sounding driver even compared to the previous model it's a bit muted . was @ bishan driving range took out the demo clubs R11S and razr fit . razr fit sound much nicer .

Thanks for the feedback, bro!

In your opinion, apart from the sound, which driver performs better in terms of distance?
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm

What about the loft of drivers??
Most are on either 10.5 or 9.5??
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Turbo wrote:
madmaru wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, bro!

In your opinion, apart from the sound, which driver performs better in terms of distance?

my swing is a bit to work on R11s i sliced 5 outa 5 shots and razr fit i manage to slice 2 outa 5 distance 160-170 both are 10.5 lofts but razr fit is on stiff flex and R11s on regular flex both on factory setting
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Depends on how much petrol I have.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:26 pm

depends on where i want to go........ White Flag
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:06 am

madmaru wrote:
my swing is a bit to work on R11s i sliced 5 outa 5 shots and razr fit i manage to slice 2 outa 5 distance 160-170 both are 10.5 lofts but razr fit is on stiff flex and R11s on regular flex both on factory setting

WHy dun you close the clubhead face since the R11 is adjustable, huh?

After much consideration and looking at the performance at yesterday range, I would stick to my TM TP Burner S/F 1.0, 8.5 deg loft driver ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:19 am

Slicer51 wrote:
seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Pro Kun Yang, how far a avg golfer can drive at the age of 55 to be consider okay ?

I saw a 60 year old driving 250m,
But he is a local pro.

Bro SBH, good to know but cannot compared to pro lah. Just like to know how far does an 55 avg golfer shall able to drive.

I know it go down to what will be his swing speed, keep the lag, hip turn .. etc but most does most older player still can drive 250 m? Or was 250m is an avg distance that most avg player can drive? or it is only avg 210 - 220 m for most avg players?

For your physic and health status now, 250m achievable.
If you do not believe in yourself, believe in me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Talking about driving, I recall seeing some hitting a shot that straight but low.. then nearing to the tail, it is as it has tome Turbo charger or NOS, then it flew upwards. Have you seen this before?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:30 am

seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Pro Kun Yang, how far a avg golfer can drive at the age of 55 to be consider okay ?

But he is a local pro.

Bro SBH, good to know but cannot compared to pro lah. Just like to know how far does an 55 avg golfer shall able to drive.

I know it go down to what will be his swing speed, keep the lag, hip turn .. etc but most does most older player still can drive 250 m? Or was 250m is an avg distance that most avg player can drive? or it is only avg 210 - 220 m for most avg players?

I might look like in my early 40 outside but I am really 55 inside. 250m forget it bro. I beleive you but I know myself better Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:

But he is a local pro.

I might look like in my early 40 outside but I am really 55 inside. 250m forget it bro. I beleive you but I know myself better Embarassed lol!

I have once shared a buggy with a Japanese in his late 50/early 60s 12 years ago in a company event and his ball was consistently around 30m ahead of mine and accurate. He was also shorter than me by almost a head. It left a strong impression on me. As I recall, he played twice every weekend but I didn't know his handicap.

Quite possible, but certainly takes practice. But if you don't believe it's possible, it will for sure not happen.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Shanks! wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
seebayho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:

But he is a local pro.

I have once shared a buggy with a Japanese in his late 50/early 60s 12 years ago in a company event and his ball was consistently around 30m ahead of mine and accurate. He was also shorter than me by almost a head. It left a strong impression on me. As I recall, he played twice every weekend but I didn't know his handicap.

Quite possible, but certainly takes practice. But if you don't believe it's possible, it will for sure not happen.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will sure try harder ( Oop sorry, I mean swing faster) Smile
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:18 am

Bro Slicer51, my dad in law is around 67 yrs old.
He plays off a 9 hcp.
He play every Sat and Sun and sometimes on weekday.

His swing is very round....the rotational coil and uncoil type.
He ave 240m in his drives.
The secret is consistent contact at the sweet spot.

So to ans your question, yes i think u can drive 250m.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am

I can attest to it cos I played with skybobo father in law a couple if times. He has your typical 'uncle' swing, not something coaches will teach but outdrives us all the time! Plus he has a good short game too!

May I add that he uses off the rack cavity back irons and stock shaft in his driver. His putter looks like a drain pipe bend as L shape. But he is single hcp leh
Back to top Go down
gohkunyang
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Hey guys!

Yes i agree physical abilities is one thing but having an efficient and effective swing can definitely improve your driving distance....

I recently worked with a lady in her 40s and after 3 lessons managed to increase her driving distance by about 20-30 meters! True example of an inefficient swing! Her 7 iron went from 50meters to 80meters and counting!!

So guys anything is possible! Wink
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 am

Last edited by essentiale on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 am

wow.. tht is such a long drive... i'd like to play a round with you and learn how to drive so far...
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 pm

shamusan wrote:
wow.. tht is such a long drive... i'd like to play a round with you and learn how to drive so far...

fill up the petrol full tank and lots of coffee! Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 pm

essentiale wrote:
250m average.. 280m furthest so far on course

7 months into the game

Woah!! That's awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:21 pm

some guys are inherently strong, have fast muscles, good hand eye coordination. maybe honed from other sports before golf.

this I call talent.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 pm

essentiale wrote:
250m average.. 280m furthest so far on course

7 months into the game

Wah! Shocked pale White Flag After nearly 17 years I am still struggling with 200m.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:50 pm

hmm... on a typical par 4, my drive is about 280m
left to the pin. ~sigh
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:20 pm

I hit my longest drive ever..358m par 4, left with 62m to the pin. How i manage to drive so far...

its a secret.

i hit buggy track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   How far do you drive? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How far do you drive?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.