Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe

Go down 
+29
flamer0454
shimizu.toruk
Branong
golfnut
blee67
Technospaz
sillytesky
Ssquirrel
jimmychoo
alvin7379
Duval_S
eiji
TourSwing
r510tp
duffader
wilkang
Slicer51
mloy
golfool2009
Leo
TDO
fata
scotty
Lee36328
thejoy
Ngigo
slinger
gabong
vjian
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Go for shallow face, like the k15, easy to hit.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:14 pm

duffader wrote:
Go for shallow face, like the k15, easy to hit.

Wow, 2 pro had mention about K15 3 wood .. I have to try it.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Not pro, not talented enough to hit those tity wood. Had a 910 4 wood but never able to launch it. Only launch it once, on the last day of ownership. Lol. U can try the cobra baffler woods too. Ping also not bad, most important is to get it in the air.
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 pm

An often neglected but very important aspect to hitting the 3w well off the deck is the club's lie angle.

Most 3w lie angles and lengths are designed for taller folks. Even some of the Japanese specs are way too upright for Asians. And the longer length 3w nowadays worsen the problem.

Just by choking down 1-2" or bending the 3w lie about 1-2* flat can help A LOT of golfers contact the ball much better. Smile
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:30 am

A 3w off the deck is def one of the toughest shots to hit ... and the shot's risk & reward reflect that!

A few key points:

Normal Tempo: due to the distance to the flag, many ppl feel the need to swing the club as fast as possible. Stick to your usual tempo, and let the club do the talking!

Shallow swing: feet spread apart, along with a fwd ball position will ensure a shallow swing ... Experiment with different positions, and see what works for you

Slightly descending blow: like all shots off the deck, a descending blow ensures clean ball first contact, and reduces the chances of topping or hitting fat shots ... For the 3w PGA pros hit down with a mere 3deg AOA. Access to a reliable launch monitor can be a great training aid!!!

If all else fails, experiment with different brands ... Some are definately much easier to launch than others Beer
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:37 am

duffader wrote:
Not pro, not talented enough to hit those tity wood. Had a 910 4 wood but never able to launch it. Only launch it once, on the last day of ownership. Lol. U can try the cobra baffler woods too. Ping also not bad, most important is to get it in the air.

bro, I am sure you are hitting those wood just fine ..

Btw, are you an Cobra fan ? If so, would you know which shop in Singapore carry the most cobra golf bag for selection ?

Thanks

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 am

Slicer51 wrote:
duffader wrote:

bro, I am sure you are hitting those wood just fine ..

Btw, are you an Cobra fan ? If so, would you know which shop in Singapore carry the most cobra golf bag for selection ?

Thanks

I very particular and supportive... (hope BFG is reading this). I only buy from BFG keppel for my cobra stuff unless they dun carry the certain models. But for bags, they should be able to bring in for you. And i think they have all the models available in the singapore market. Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:33 am

the Japan market Puma stuff very very very very very very nice.

ok OT liaoz.

I struggle to hit my 3 wood whenever I think i need to hit it far, by just letting my body rotate and ensure that my arms square to the plane, I can get a decent contact. But ball position is important, you need to find out where you bottom out on your swing and place the ball in that position. whenever i place the ball too far forward it turns out really bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:54 am

there is definitely a competency gap....so many had moved up to trying to hit 3wd..

I am still struggling with my 4 wood.....

bo pian.....resigned to fate
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 am

Duval_S wrote:
there is definitely a competency gap....so many had moved up to trying to hit 3wd..

I am still struggling with my 4 wood.....

bo pian.....resigned to fate

D.... my 3 wood states 15.5 but i think its more like a 18deg... so in fact... you are better than me. I think 18 Deg or 5 wood is a better choice like what your idol has mentioned. Its for distance, not a scoring club, so easier to hit is always the key. No point having a club in the bag when there is always problem hitting it.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 am

@ Duffy: I like your advice......its a distance club...not scoring club.

phew....I think I still have chance to play with the many of the folks here....
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 am

duffader wrote:

D.... my 3 wood states 15.5 but i think its more like a 18deg... so in fact... you are better than me. I think 18 Deg or 5 wood is a better choice like what your idol has mentioned. Its for distance, not a scoring club, so easier to hit is always the key. No point having a club in the bag when there is always problem hitting it.

The wise one has spoken..... affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Talking about 3 wood, I had a nightmare when trying to change my old trusty cally hawkeye.
Don't know why but I keep on going back to the cally hawkeye.
I don't really have much thought on hitting a 3 wood, the only thing I know is I will take it away much slower than the other 12 clubs in my bag. Idea
Oh forgot to add this.... no matter how I change the 3 wood or take away easy, I still have problem with the 3 wood Embarassed
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 pm

jimmychoo wrote:

Oh forgot to add this.... no matter how I change the 3 wood or take away easy, I still have problem with the 3 wood Embarassed

cos the shaft u use not stiff enough...... tats why got "problem"
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:11 pm

slinger wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

ROFL
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:02 pm

slinger wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

Mad
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:03 pm

JC, I highly recommend the K15 for you....hahaha
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:29 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
JC, I highly recommend the K15 for you....hahaha
Nbz.... kana left and now right Mad
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 pm

My 3 wd is probably the least hit club in my bag...
Maybe this weekend I'll put in the Adams speedline 3 hybrid fw and see if I get more love from it..
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:28 pm

I couldn't hit the No 3 Wood proficiently as well so went back to the instructor today for help, he gave 2 correction points.

1. Relax the left grip
2. Lean forward slightly

Viola! Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 pm

i can hit my 3wd better than my driver...damn sad.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 pm

sillytesky wrote:
I couldn't hit the No 3 Wood proficiently as well so went back to the instructor today for help, he gave 2 correction points.

1. Relax the left grip
2. Lean forward slightly

Viola! Smile

Bro,

May I know what do you mean by "lean forward slightly" ? Thx
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:42 pm

eiji wrote:

Don't worry bro .. Am sure you will be hitting your driver as good as your 3 wood soon.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
eiji wrote:

Don't worry bro .. Am sure you will be hitting your driver as good as your 3 wood soon.

only seeing my coach again next week, so this weekend's game i expect to be looking for balls on both the left and right side of each hole.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Bad and good news...... I still can't hit 3 wood

BUT I can hit pretty well my 4 wood now.... Yippeeeee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next