Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe

Go down 
+29
flamer0454
shimizu.toruk
Branong
golfnut
blee67
Technospaz
sillytesky
Ssquirrel
jimmychoo
alvin7379
Duval_S
eiji
TourSwing
r510tp
duffader
wilkang
Slicer51
mloy
golfool2009
Leo
TDO
fata
scotty
Lee36328
thejoy
Ngigo
slinger
gabong
vjian
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vjian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
vjian

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe Empty
PostSubject: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:28 pm

recently found this video and find that really helpful...but maybe doesnt suit everyone la bcause everybody swing is different..this guy explained how the wood/hybrid dropping when it contact the ball...its not like iron(hitting)..its swwwwwwwwwwweeping...

Last edited by vjian on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi,

I find this useful too.

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:48 pm

why not u try hitting a 5w first......
Back to top Go down
vjian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
vjian

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm

slinger: isnt it the same??????
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 pm

3w= 43in n 15* loft

5w= 42in n 18* loft

5w is shorter n easier to launch than the 3w....

just like Pw n 6i..... which is easier to hit??
Back to top Go down
Ngigo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Wow, very clear & simple instructions from those 3videos
Worth to bookmarked
Thanks Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
thejoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 pm

i find the impact sound and flight of the 3W most satisfying of all clubs....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Guys,

Thanks for the videos.

Esp for beginners, it's good to know this fundamental difference between a wood and an iron.

After you master the 3 wood, you will love par 5s, esp if you can hit the fairway, and the green is relatively unprotected. Chance to get it on in 2! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ngigo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 pm

3on for par5 is already great result for me lee cheers
I havent had any 2on for par5 Sad
Back to top Go down
scotty
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:23 pm

useful videos!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Ngigo wrote:

Your day will come; just a matter of time.

Ball must sit up cleanly on the fairway.

Fairway is hard and dry, hence ball will run.

Green is relatively unprotected, allowing ball to run up.

Swing easy with smooth tempo, just make clean contact without forcing it.

When everything falls into place, voila!

If not, at least you have only a chip or a short pitch left. Still always fun to try.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:19 pm

A great lesson from the expert... thanks for sharing the video. Very useful indeed. Now i know where i go wrong... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Ngigo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Ngigo wrote:

Your day will come; just a matter of time.

When everything falls into place, voila!

If not, at least you have only a chip or a short pitch left. Still always fun to try.

Thanks for ur support & tips, will look for any less guarded par5 & apply all ur tips Beer
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 pm

I am ok with fairway woods. In fact I love hitting fiarway woods. My BIG problem is with irons. Sad
Back to top Go down
vjian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
vjian

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:26 am

i am beginner too...and my prob now is when i hit the driver well...i lose my iron alignment...when i hit iron well..i lost my fairway wood alignment..zzz...although my pro keep saying that golf is only 1 swing...but he didnt mention the angle of attack...guess he letting me to discover myself so that i can remember it well...now i am what the video talking about...swinging hybrid n 3w like striking the pity white ball...zzzz
Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 am

have u guys tried the new fairway woods from cleveland? i got launcher fl fairway 3 wood.. the striking sound is super sweet and its easy to launch.. used to have trouble with my 3 wood but since i got this wood its been really good.. donno issit the club or me haha
Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:52 am

oh and its going pretty cheap for a wood like only about 150 bucks at GD
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:29 am

vjian wrote:
i am beginner too...and my prob now is when i hit the driver well...i lose my iron alignment...when i hit iron well..i lost my fairway wood alignment..zzz...although my pro keep saying that golf is only 1 swing...but he didnt mention the angle of attack...guess he letting me to discover myself so that i can remember it well...now i am what the video talking about...swinging hybrid n 3w like striking the pity white ball...zzzz

Sounds good. Self-discovery has a bonus over spoon-feeding, and that's epiphany. And now you're teaching your epiphany to others. The knowledge grows.

Small housekeeping note for whom it may apply, a hybrid should be swung more like an iron, less like a wood, owing to its design.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Found another video to help with the 3 woods swing...

Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 pm

And yet another video...

Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:20 pm

I have THE solution for you....buy the Ping K15......i've owned a number of different brands before and this is ridiculously easy to hit.....it's not even close....previously i was only able to hit my 7 wood consistently and could hit my 5 wood quite well.....but this is just so easy......i now have complete confidence when i pull out my 3 wood.....
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:50 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
I have THE solution for you....buy the Ping K15......i've owned a number of different brands before and this is ridiculously easy to hit.....it's not even close....previously i was only able to hit my 7 wood consistently and could hit my 5 wood quite well.....but this is just so easy......i now have complete confidence when i pull out my 3 wood.....

Ai yah.... for you...any wood you take out from any bag also can hit lah. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 pm

mloy wrote:
golfool2009 wrote:

Ai yah.... for you...any wood you take out from any bag also can hit lah. Laughing

LOL....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:18 pm

mloy wrote:
golfool2009 wrote:

Sorry Bro. I have to agreed with Monica. Laughing

However, I will still try to test out the Ping K15 as per your suggestion.

Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:38 pm

The video pointed what is the most important basic fundamental and that is the swing.
The take off, shoulder rotation, wrist cock, hip rotation, lag and follow through comes together to form a swing.
With the swing in place, all u have to do is find the contact point between the club and ground.
That's where the golf ball will be.

Focus is on completing and executing the swing and not too focus on hitting the golf ball.

Different clubs, different lengths and different ball positions.
Once u have a consistent swing, just experiment with different ball positions with different clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe   For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who struggling hitting 3 wood on the ground like me hehe
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next