Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trackman?

Go down 
+27
kian
Airwave
Right_sided_coach
mUAr_cHEe
jaketang
watermyforrest
4dtoto
Khorkar
kopiO
khnglm
Agumon
Technospaz
who8168
Ssquirrel
ironfist
sunny
weesern
shotah
missmoon
rocky
Duval_S
Elbry
Lamts18
mervyntan
quinike
S70B
DGman
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Its the Mother of Launch Monitors ... measures complete swing characteristics and ball flight .. even mapping the entire ball's flight that why you need a open space like a driving range .. but there is a indoor model called Trackman Launch for indoor use like what BFG has .

Correction ... ' similar to what BFG uses ' apologies ... Embarassed

unless DGMan getting one ??

Last edited by Lamts18 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 pm

I think its the most accurate device, measures everything needed and able to track the actual ball flight, this accurate information give a more precise fitting.

For coaches, they can use a more scientific approach to swing change, by know how much spin rate/launch angle is optimium for the player.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 pm

DGman wrote:
who say we have trackman ah?

must be lamts heard wrongly, i told him BFG got DGMan, Ultraman then he thought anything with a man behind must be trackman...

please excuse mr lam.. at that point i think he was extremely occupied occupying people, so maybe he didn't pay much attention to what i was saying... i was pretty tongue-tied showing off my tongue-fu at that time, so pls also excuse me, might be my mistake. flower
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:00 pm

so far those who have responded:

1. Qunike
2. Lamts18
3. Duval S
4. Elbry
5. MT
6. Missmoon
7. shotah
8. weesern

not in depth enough leh....i think the system can do more than just measure club head speed, ball speed, spin rate, smash factor, carry and total distance...

there are 4 main features:

1. swing analysis
2. club fitting
3. gaming
4. teaching and practice

a very nice toy indeed....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 pm

mervyntan wrote:
DGman wrote:
who say we have trackman ah?

must be lamts heard wrongly, i told him BFG got DGMan, Ultraman then he thought anything with a man behind must be trackman...

please excuse mr lam.. at that point i think he was extremely occupied occupying people, so maybe he didn't pay much attention to what i was saying... i was pretty tongue-tied showing off my tongue-fu at that time, so pls also excuse me, might be my mistake. flower

Dont forget BFG have a SuperwoMan too .... Razz
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 pm

DGman wrote:

1. Qunike
2. Lamts18
3. Duval S
4. Elbry
5. MT
6. Missmoon
7. shotah
8. weesern

not in depth enough leh....i think the system can do more than just measure club head speed, ball speed, spin rate, smash factor, carry and total distance...

there are 4 main features:

1. swing analysis
2. club fitting
3. gaming
4. teaching and practice

a very nice toy indeed....

We know la ... a golfer worth his salt would have heard of Trackman ... just buy one la and there be even longer queue at BFG ...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

DGman wrote:
dont exaggerate lah MT...

1. Qunike
2. Lamts18
3. Duval S
4. Elbry
5. MT
6. Missmoon

anymore??? especially in the area of swing analysis...

I dunno about others...i would use it to analyse my 'balls' to see if they are the best for me... Cos I think spin rate also got something to do with balls...so far nobody do 'ball fitting' in sg.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Elbry wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Its a potent launch monitor and also super expensive at US$20k ... use doppler radar technology ... thought of buying one but no space to use it .... Keppel's Chilli Golf i believe uses one for their club fitting ...

maybe can buy one and put at BF, then everyone can use it!

Just to list out what Trackman measures that can be used for swing analysis: (taken from their website)

1. Ball Speed
2. Vertical launch angle
3. Horizontal launch angle (describes whether the ball starts right or left of the target line.)
4. Spin rate
5. Spin Axis
6. Max Height
7. Landing angle
8. Carry
9. Carry side (measures the point where the ball lands relative to the target line (right or left)).
10. Total distance
11. Total side (is calculated as the point where the ball ends relative to the target line (right or left)).

http://www.mytrackman.com/TrackMan.Online.DrivingRange/Index.aspx

looks fun, just like wat DGman said, very nice toy!

Last edited by Elbry on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 pm

TRACKMAN.

despite the name, it doesn't actually track the man. rather, it tracks the golf ball real time including it's speed, spin, trajectory, launch and landing angle, smash factor, carry and total distance, club path, swing speed and overall flight of the ball in the air. to do display all this, it draws a pretty little line from the ball's journey from start to finish and then flourishes it with all those numbers that make you want to hit more balls. but this belies the advanced radioactive bazooka technology beneath the colourful display.

in last month's golf digest singapore (the one with jb holmes on the cover), it features the benefits of club fitting and titleist club fitters use trackman to get their customers fit.

so trackman not only helps you get fit (not lose weight unfortunately) but it also helps you find your distances and know your dispersions.

other than that, i actually thought it was something to do with track and field.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Well, the trackman can tell you the minor details of error in the swing so that the player can look for a coach to correct the minor mistake.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 pm

ironfist wrote:
TRACKMAN.

despite the name, it doesn't actually track the man. rather, it tracks the golf ball real time including it's speed, spin, trajectory, launch and landing angle, smash factor, carry and total distance, club path, swing speed and overall flight of the ball in the air. to do display all this, it draws a pretty little line from the ball's journey from start to finish and then flourishes it with all those numbers that make you want to hit more balls. but this belies the advanced radioactive bazooka technology beneath the colourful display.

in last month's golf digest singapore (the one with jb holmes on the cover), it features the benefits of club fitting and titleist club fitters use trackman to get their customers fit.

so trackman not only helps you get fit (not lose weight unfortunately) but it also helps you find your distances and know your dispersions.

other than that, i actually thought it was something to do with track and field.

actually it does...it also track your face angle and path during impact. That could tell a lot about your swing. IE, you have correct swing path but you close or open club face or you are swinging in-out/out-in. A hook and slice could be due to many reasons. This could help you determine what is the villain of your swing.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 pm

sunny wrote:

I dunno about others...i would use it to analyse my 'balls' to see if they are the best for me... Cos I think spin rate also got something to do with balls...so far nobody do 'ball fitting' in sg.

we have been doing ball fitting but it is tough when most golfers who came for the fitting had trouble hitting the sweet spot 3 out of 4 times. any variation will cause different spin rate...there again, they may not have the shaft thats optimise for them.

but with the zelocity, we cannot see the swing path and angle of attack...something that the trackman can do effectively.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 pm

It can tell you if you swing flat , steep or on plane as it track swing path , face angle , attack angle ...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:12 pm

DGman wrote:
sunny wrote:

we have been doing ball fitting but it is tough when most golfers who came for the fitting had trouble hitting the sweet spot 3 out of 4 times. any variation will cause different spin rate...there again, they may not have the shaft thats optimise for them.

but with the zelocity, we cannot see the swing path and angle of attack...something that the trackman can do effectively.

DGman

So ... i sense we will see one in BFG very soon .... congrats ....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:13 pm

1. Qunike
2. Lamts18
3. Duval S
4. Elbry
5. MT
6. Missmoon
7. shotah
8. weesern
9. sunny
10. ironfist

2 more and more will be revealed.....

cheers....DGman
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:14 pm

I think I know where this is going..... 8)
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 pm

really Rex...cos i dont know leh....
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:17 pm

I've use deadsolid simulator before, it show the swing path, face angle, impact position away from sweet spot. are these are possible with trackman as well,
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm

weesern wrote:
I've use deadsolid simulator before, it show the swing path, face angle, impact position away from sweet spot. are these are possible with trackman as well,

All these and more ....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:25 pm

deadsolid is more of an expensive gaming simulator. they use shadow to capture the swing path instead of 3D radar, thats why it cannot be used outdoor and not something that broadcaster will use.

if you watch the PGA tour, the data are captured using 3 units of trackman, 2 at the back and one at the forward tee facing the target.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:31 pm

wah.. BFG going to be first clubfitter in Sg to get trackman so want to how lian ah?? hahahaa Very Happy

You know I'm and engineering geek lor.. so in some other threads I've posted articles related to trackman newsletters. What was especially interesting is how the trackman mesures the face angle and clubpath and how it changes the "old ball flight laws"
The trackman newletters might be a little technical and confusing but nontheless an eye opener especially for those interested in how the clubpath and face angles affects ball flight and direction.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 pm

yeah, i read about the different types of simulator also.. got picture as well as radar... personally i feel it would be best to incorporate both into a simulator, although it is quite counter-productive..

anyway, it amazes me how such a small thing is able to track so many metrics as well as ball flight etc. in such a short span of time.. i think the whole machine must be working overtime..

if BFG gets one of these, the hamsters running underneath to power the electric dynamo will have to be increased to meet the power production.. if getting one of these please tell me in advance, i have to go and breed more hamsters..
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 pm

S70B wrote:
I think I know where this is going..... 8)

Tell me lei..
you are always 10 steps ahead...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty

Coincidentally i was watching some videos of Ping fitters using trackman to find the best driver configuration for Miguel Angel Jimenez. He was hitting shots, then come back to the laptop screen to analyze the figures. They made him hit a few drivers, showed him his numbers like launch angle, spin rate, carry distance, etc. Then he decided which driver best suits him.

So I guess basically Trackman does all those, plus tracking ball flight, smash, swing speed, ball speed, etc.

Hey, DG Man, what do you have up your sleeve?
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:33 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
wah.. BFG going to be first clubfitter in Sg to get trackman so want to how lian ah?? hahahaa Very Happy

You know I'm and engineering geek lor.. so in some other threads I've posted articles related to trackman newsletters. What was especially interesting is how the trackman mesures the face angle and clubpath and how it changes the "old ball flight laws"
The trackman newletters might be a little technical and confusing but nontheless an eye opener especially for those interested in how the clubpath and face angles affects ball flight and direction.

the TSS great grandmaster has spoken!! so how, is TSS school investing in a trackman to further aid the development of your students?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trackman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trackman?   Trackman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trackman?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next