Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my long irons really cannot

Go down 
+19
Quest
yanhaotiong
weesern
Lee36328
goh.YF.52
Turbo
enwee
willytan
bkll
entity
andrew-golf
neutralgolfer
pocketace
angeldogleslie
nutty88
bomby
chien
iron eagle
junyaoching
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

my long irons really cannot Empty
PostSubject: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:39 pm

my Long irons cannot make it. And my driver keep hittting the top side of the Head. Why????
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Your hand stretch too far out, that's why u top!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

junyaoching wrote:
my Long irons cannot make it. And my driver keep hittting the top side of the Head. Why????

Because you refused to see a Coach ! 

Now get your ass out there n learn from one of the many coaches all over Singapore. ..  Best investment in golf n less frustrating. ..

cheers
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm

1) Go find a coach and see your swing flaw.. (kns only know how to tell ppl.. me myself also same thing.. and still refuse to see coach) LOL

2) see these video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5cnoAKpOE&list=PLiN-St6m85ptmcL8AHK4tfm3R3PjpEb0r
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:04 am

If you are hitting nearer to the top of the club face, I believe you are coming down too steep or it could be a matter of tee height / ball position. Try playing with ball position by moving it forward, i.e. towards your left for right handed golfer.
Back to top Go down
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angeldogleslie

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 am

It could also be a matter of early extension (looking up prematurely). Get a coach dude. I'm going through a horrid experience now as i am totally overhauling my swing now, after i saw a coach. 

My old swing was totally wrong and now im paying the price to undo my old habits.....
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 am

Long irons cannot make it is normal
Hybrids can help take away the pain

Driver topped then need to work on maintaining spine angle and swinging the club head on upwards sweeping motion while keeping head behind the ball at impact

Clear as mud??
Relax, it'll come back to you. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:58 am

Suggest you go search internet and understand the "Swing" concept.

Many times, it ain't easy to explain to you why unless we can see your actual swing and setup.
Getting a coach is the best and fastest way to solve your problems. Don't follow our footsteps spending years to find out on our own, waste time, waste energy.

Good luck!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:14 am

One way to train long irons is to have a set of 3 to pw. 

Just put a 3 wood in the bag plus driver, wedges and putter. Take out all the hybrids

Bite the bullet. Don't bet with your kakis

Like that every shot u will use irons. In 1 month. Long iron sure can

Haha
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
One way to train long irons is to have a set of 3 to pw. 

Just put a 3 wood in the bag plus driver, wedges and putter. Take out all the hybrids

Bite the bullet. Don't bet with your kakis

Like that every shot u will use irons. In 1 month. Long iron sure can

Haha
In one month we may find a set of 3-P in the water hazard of one of our island's many golf courses.   cheers
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Time to buy new clubs Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm

I also feel like getting coach but can only for 2 hrr?
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 pm

junyaoching wrote:
I also feel like getting coach but can only for 2 hrr?

Believe there are 1 hour lesson to tweak swing type of lesson.. IMHO if you are already a fair good ball striker and have played the game for sometime, no need to go for packages.. 

Packages are for more holistic overhaul.. I might be looking for one after cny
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm

I have a Coach whom I go to now and then for just 30 mins to correctly slight details. . No good coach will force you to take packages unless he is also a aerobics instructor. .  Laughing
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm

chien wrote:
I have a Coach whom I go to now and then for just 30 mins to correctly slight details. . No good coach will force you to take packages unless he is also a aerobics instructor. .  Laughing
No wonder loh... Your secret is out now!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Take ur time, start with your short irons n progressively work up to your long irons. It took me a few months to find my current swing; n my longest iron is 5i and I m very satisfied with it.
Back to top Go down
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Problem is My 3 iron lei
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm

junyaoching wrote:
Problem is My 3 iron lei
Get a hybrid.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

junyaoching wrote:
Problem is My 3 iron lei
Get a coach. Hybrid may solve part of the problem but it still come down to the fundamental.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 pm

junyaoching wrote:
Problem is My 3 iron lei

Dun u use a 3wood or 4hyb to cover your 3i gap?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 pm

enwee wrote:
junyaoching wrote:
Problem is My 3 iron lei
Get a coach. Hybrid may solve part of the problem but it still come down to the fundamental.

Make sure the coach demo his 3i skill before signing up with him ... I am aware some teaching Pro cannot even handle a 3i consistently well let alone teaching others ...  Laughing

In the range, I saw some folks teaching others, the irony is, these folks are not skilled enough themselves to provide swing instructions ... It is a case of the blind leading the blind ... The bottom line is, it is advisable to get a qualified coach to speed up the learning curve.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
junyaoching wrote:
Problem is My 3 iron lei

Make sure the coach demo his 3i skill before signing up with him ... I am aware some teaching Pro cannot even handle a 3i consistently well let alone teaching others ...  Laughing

In the range, I saw some folks teaching others, the irony is, these folks are not skilled enough themselves to provide swing instructions ... It is a case of the blind leading the blind ... The bottom line is, it is advisable to get a qualified coach to speed up the learning curve.
Which coach are u referring???
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:32 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
junyaoching wrote:
Problem is My 3 iron lei

I think 2i better cause, i do not have a gap for my 1,2 and 3 iron Sad
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:01 am

Here is a perfect 3i swing ...

Back to top Go down
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Anyone got lobang for coach who can do 1 hr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my long irons really cannot   my long irons really cannot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my long irons really cannot
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next