Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone recently played at Poresia?

Go down 
+41
divpan
d1g
yaozza07
raccoon80
asahi
Quest
cactuzone
Derrickc
slazenger
nutty88
je7170
willytan
Kel81
ahhhling
Asguard
acidic88
TiVi
Turbo
iron eagle
scottycollector
aling
onime
poresia
Joshua
JohnBGLee
Denmeister
hkhamateur
eggyolk
swine
sywog
TDO
enwee
Duval_S
jeffman88
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
danielleecm
nientsu
eqtrend
glim
snagy23
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:33 am

quite amazing that it will take 6 mths to renovate a small guardhouse. it also took them 6 mths to renovate the toilet btw Sakura hole 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 pm

I spoke ti Michi and he cannot reply. If done in Singapore for 6 months, the contractor will close his company very fast. 

Normally it will require only at most 2 months. if approval is required from Authorities. Anything more that his duration, boss will go bankrupt. But I guess this is "boleh land".
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:31 am

Played there very recently. Condition is so so and it's quite a long course, ur wood game must be solid to get to the greens on regulation. Don't even think of going to the rough unless you like searching for balls in vain. Actually even fairways you have to really track your ball as it tends to get buried in the ground when it lands.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 am

Beside the condition, the other thing to watch out for is the pace of play.
Typically on weekends; 1st nine can finish in 1hr 45 min. 2nd nine would be play 5 mins wait 12 mins kind. So one would not enjoy his day out on course eventually
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 am

It's Coming December Christmas already  the Guard house still under construction, I do not know what kind of contractor they got? take ages to built a Small Guard House!! In SG it would probably
takes 3 weeks to complete! Last post 24 June 2013.

Hibiscus Course is now closed for good has becomes a Jurassic  Park!
Play there last August 2013. Now opened Bougainvillea, Sakura and Orchid.
Weekday only open two courses, one is on maintenance, Grass cutting trimming etc..
weekday Rm90.00 excluding Govt Tax.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:40 pm

If you take a closer look, there are no workers at the guardhouse.

I played there last Thursday trying to clear my leave. Was intending to play Palm Resort Cempaka Course but upon checking was told it's  closed for maintenance. So went to Poresia instead hoping to finish the game earlier so I can renew my Macs card. 

Registered and was told only Orchid and Sakura is open for play. So proceed to changing room and get ready for play. Surprisingly, there were quite a lot of people playing on weekday, plus that idiot management close Bougainvillea. Finished Orchid in 2 hrs. Turnaround again holdups. Every shot have to wait until reaching Par 5 Hole 5 of Sakura. After tee shot and still have to wait for flights in front to finished their game, my friend and I decided to call it a day. 

It was excruciating slow, even on a weekday. Told myself to never ever play Poresia again on a weekday because the management close 1 nine and so only 18 is open for play.Mad 
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 am

Played there yesterday for the first time, at Bouganvillea and Sakura courses. We teed off at 8.30ish and the course was empty. Course conditions were good, except maybe for a few greens that were kind of heavy due to the rain of previous days. But all in all a good course.
Back to top Go down
divpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Played at Poresia yesterday due to Horizon Hill closure for tournament (darn their useless website which is not updated).

Promotion for Tues-Fri:

RM$90 for game (inclusive green fee and buggy) + Free Lunch with drink!
Lunch menu is Sweet and Sour chicken...a decent meal!

Course is ok lah...playable...due to the recent dry season, the fairway is dry and hard..good for Driver cause ball will run further..but bad for iron play cause of the hard ground.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:48 am

Was at Poresia on Wednesday.. tee off at 1230pm.. played Orchid and Bouganvillea as the other 2 were closed. It was great.. nobody at all in front or at the back, played a slow and relaxing game, finished 18 holes and was back in Sg by 5pm Smile
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:48 am

Greens were very fast though! They just cut the grass very short
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
Was at Poresia on Wednesday.. tee off at 1230pm.. played Orchid and Bouganvillea as the other 2 were closed. It was great.. nobody at all in front or at the back, played a slow and relaxing game, finished 18 holes and was back in Sg by 5pm Smile
Bro, no more 4 x 9 holes. Hibiscus disappear already. Left with Orchid, Sakura and Bougainvillea.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Oh that's a shame. It was my first time there. Quite enjoyed it though we noted the clubhouse looked a little run down. Still the greens were well maintained. Will go back again and try another round soon. Why did they close Hibiscus?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Sold to Leisure Farm. Japs need the money I guess. Takes them forever to do something. Many members left already, too. But it's generally a good no-frills course. A number of members from this forum. I am weekend warrior. Not for the fussy. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Does it get crowded weekends? Thinking of an early Sunday game this weekend..
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Not really. If you are keen, I got slot for 1 ball this Sun morning. We are 1st  flight though. Have to reach clubhouse by 6.30am and we are all SC.

Last edited by TDO on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Great courses, hilly with a quite a couple of doglegs....good training ground for beginners. Bring more spare balls as if OB quite hard to find Mad
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Intend to play Poresia. How to get to Poresia from the Second Link?
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 pm

TDO wrote:
Not really. If you are keen, I got slot for 1 ball this Sun morning. We are 1st  flight though. Have to reach clubhouse by 6.30am and we are all SC.
Thanks TDO for the offer. Likely will need at least 2 if we play (wife and I). Have a great game Smile
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 pm

No worries bro. 
 Beer 
Back to top Go down
jonoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:40 pm

poreasia afternoon sessions on weekdays are relatively crowded. Weekday AM sessions are the best. Really relaxing.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Not crowded played Thursday afternoon 2 ball finished 2hours 20 minutes
Sakura and Orchid.

Reached home 4pm!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recently played at Poresia?   Anyone recently played at Poresia? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone recently played at Poresia?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5