Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist

Go down 
+64
tincup
Beneoo
H-bomb
davecsh
FootJoy
Derek
shiun
Babooliamkeng
Sean76
Dan5
Bangla123
shamusan
Shellman
wolverine
mcmug
weich
JohnBGLee
andrew-golf
golfanatic
Philip Chin
TourSwing
ughly
kooky
cwlow
duffader
Lipp
Steffan
watchman88sg
Genesis
vingay32
pushslice
asahi
pcy
Golfnuts
Denis
CKT
peace2903
JonL_TK
g8888k
senmin
Turbo
Edgarkj
Kopi Towkay
ultraman
Cyp_PGA
Technospaz
sebastianlim
22tang
mengteck71
mUAr_cHEe
apriz
arsenal90
chapgaokang
golfzilla
rangereye
daveaha
jaketang
botak
S70B
Dstruc
Titleist
rocky
Khorkar
sunny
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:21 pm

I have just invested in a Titleist 909D2 driver with 9.5 Deg loft and Voodoo S-Flex shaft. I gain another 10-20 yards compared to my previous Titleist 907D2 with S-Flex Proto by Aldila shaft. MOreover, it is slightly easier to hit than the 907D2 model. I must say it is an awesome driver ... I love it, man! Sweeet!!! Laughing

Thanks Titleist for making such a good driver! cheers
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:47 am

Dear Rick,

Where can I find Monterey with 34 inch and a heavier 360g head?

Can we opt to custom a 33.5 inch shaft and different grip?

If yes, how long does it take to arrive?

Tks
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Turbo wrote:
I have just invested in a Titleist 909D2 driver with 9.5 Deg loft and Voodoo S-Flex shaft. I gain another 10-20 yards compared to my previous Titleist 907D2 with S-Flex Proto by Aldila shaft. MOreover, it is slightly easier to hit than the 907D2 model. I must say it is an awesome driver ... I love it, man! Sweeet!!! Laughing

Thanks Titleist for making such a good driver! cheers

Thank you Turbo, appreciate your support and the great feedback. Hopefully you get to play lots of golf over the festive season.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:16 pm

senmin wrote:
Dear Rick,

Where can I find Monterey with 34 inch and a heavier 360g head?

Can we opt to custom a 33.5 inch shaft and different grip?

If yes, how long does it take to arrive?

Tks

Hi Senmin,

Monterey 35" with a 360g head is a custom order.We call this our "H" or heavy spec. You can order these through any of our authorised dealers.

We have some custom grip options which can be seen below. We offer 33",34",35" lengths options only at this time. Lead-times would be 3-4 weeks at this stage because of the popularity of the California Series.

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/shafts_grips/grips/default.asp?Filter=2

Please let us know if you need any more information.

Thanks for your interest.

Rick
Back to top Go down
g8888k
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
g8888k

PostSubject: 905R   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am

I would like to ask Titleist if there are cases of fake 905R in the market?
I bought one which look good but the headcover is a different design from the one in the website.

it looks like the design of the 983 series with triangular fins with just "905" on top of the headcover and not the silver side ones which was first launched or the new ones with "905R" on the top of the headcover which is the newer version.

thank you.
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 pm

g8888k wrote:
I would like to ask Titleist if there are cases of fake 905R in the market?
I bought one which look good but the headcover is a different design from the one in the website.

it looks like the design of the 983 series with triangular fins with just "905" on top of the headcover and not the silver side ones which was first launched or the new ones with "905R" on the top of the headcover which is the newer version.

thank you.

Hi g8888k,

Thanks for your question.

What I suggest is you send me a few pics of the headcover and driver and I can take a look at it for you. you can email these to rick_brown@acushnetgolf.com

It would be hard to tell if a club is counterfeit based on the headcover alone.

Please also let me know in the email where you purchased the club from as well.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi... looking at getting a set of AP2's but was told that Titleist might not be able to bend
the club head to my specs of 4deg flat...

Can you pls confirm that Titleist is able to do it without spoiling the chrome?
Currently using Mizuno's
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:48 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Hi... looking at getting a set of AP2's but was told that Titleist might not be able to bend
the club head to my specs of 4deg flat...

Can you pls confirm that Titleist is able to do it without spoiling the chrome?
Currently using Mizuno's

Hi Jon,

We can put in a special request to go 4 flat for you. Typically we can get this done but it takes some care and attention.

When you order these through your dealer just request for 4 deg flat on the form and have them copy me on the order. rick_brown@acushnetgolf.com I will make sure this is looked after for you.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 pm

I was checking out used AP2s and realised a weird thing.
Some1 in US quoted the serial no as "30NOK" while a seller in Singapore quoted "6345358"
Hmmmm.....which is fake or both are real?

And also why some vokeys have serial while some doesn't? Weird....
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 am

peace2903 wrote:
I was checking out used AP2s and realised a weird thing.
Some1 in US quoted the serial no as "30NOK" while a seller in Singapore quoted "6345358"
Hmmmm.....which is fake or both are real?

And also why some vokeys have serial while some doesn't? Weird....

Hi Peace,

The first serial number is typical of a custom order. The second looks like a stock set.

If you are sure the Vokey you have or are looking at is real and does not have a serial number it could be a pre-production sample or might come from one of our smaller assembly plants. We see counterfeit Vokey's and AP2's with serial numbers so don't assume a lack of serial number means counterfeit or having a serial number means its real.

Buying through an authorised dealer is always the best option.

If a consumer wishes to buy through the internet we always advise to be sure of the source they are buying from and preferably see the product before purchase. This is why internet buying always runs a risk.

I hope that helps,

Rick
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 am

Hey Rick

Speaking about AP2s reminded me about my set.

Is the 2008 model conforming to the new groove regulation? I have conflicting information about it. Just wanted to know.

Also, are you coming over for the PGA show next week? Meeting Grant for a round when he comes over. Razz
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:33 am

S70B wrote:
Hey Rick

Speaking about AP2s reminded me about my set.

Is the 2008 model conforming to the new groove regulation? I have conflicting information about it. Just wanted to know.

Also, are you coming over for the PGA show next week? Meeting Grant for a round when he comes over. Razz

Hi,

Yes all AP2's models are fine.

I just got back from Orlando this morning, we just concluded our sales meeting. I have been to the show many times so not this year.

Rick
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks. Just checking. Will play them the same even if they weren't. Very Happy

The show's my 1st. Hopefully, it wun be my last. Heard Scotty Cameron will be there on hand for a Q n A session. Scotty Cameron
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am

S70B wrote:
Thanks. Just checking. Will play them the same even if they weren't. Very Happy

The show's my 1st. Hopefully, it wun be my last. Heard Scotty Cameron will be there on hand for a Q n A session. Scotty Cameron

Yes both Scotty and Voke will be at the show doing seminars.

Rick
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 am

Rick,

Thanks for the clari. Btw, any idea watz been done on 30NOK? Coz claimed to be std lie, loft and length? ? ?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:26 am

peace2903 wrote:
Rick,

Thanks for the clari. Btw, any idea watz been done on 30NOK? Coz claimed to be std lie, loft and length? ? ?

Hi Peace,

A check indicates the serial number 30NOK is a set of are first generation AP2 irons (2008), 4-PW R300, Standard loft, lie and grip.

I want to make clear that this is what our records show. I can not in anyway guarantee the authenticity of this product. As I said before we have encountered certain situations where counterfeit product have had legitimate serial numbers, the only way to be sure you are purchasing authentic items, would be to see the product and/or buy them from authorised retailers.

Rick
Back to top Go down
CKT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi,

I have heard so much about Vokey wedges that I recently got a used 56' just to try out the feel. After taking it for a spin, I actually feel the shaft is a little short and when comparing it to my Callaway Wedges it is 1.5" shorter. Can anyone enlighten me on what should the length of the Vokey 56' shaft be? It looks original to me.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 am

Rick,

Thanks for the info! With your superb tech support... I am 110% for Titliest!
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 am

CKT wrote:
Hi,

I have heard so much about Vokey wedges that I recently got a used 56' just to try out the feel. After taking it for a spin, I actually feel the shaft is a little short and when comparing it to my Callaway Wedges it is 1.5" shorter. Can anyone enlighten me on what should the length of the Vokey 56' shaft be? It looks original to me.

Hi CKT,

Vokey 56deg wedges come stock at 35.25" in length. Thats pretty standard and a quick glance at Callaway's website shows the same length for their 56 deg wedge. Perhaps the Callaway or the Vokey is a custom length order? Perhaps best to compare it with stock product in a shop when you can and that will give you an answer.

Let us know if you need any more assistance and enjoy your Vokey, the #1 wedge in golf...Smile

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:15 am

peace2903 wrote:
Rick,

Thanks for the info! With your superb tech support... I am 110% for Titliest!

Thank your Peace, let us know anytime if we can be of further assistance.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi,

Understand that SC Studio Select putters are sole weighted to match various length options. Does it mean that the head-weight-shaft length combination will be out if we cut a std 34" down to 33"? Obviously it always the best to get the right length at purchase...but if we need to cut it down and maybe even to...say 32"?

Another question, I understand from GolfFix that we are supposed to putt with the upper half of the putter face...illustrated with Phil doing the fwd press thingy when he putt. By doing that wouldn't he be like deloft it...and would not get to ball to roll as quickly as the designed 4deg loft?

Thanks.

Denis Titleist
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 am

Denis wrote:
Hi,

Understand that SC Studio Select putters are sole weighted to match various length options. Does it mean that the head-weight-shaft length combination will be out if we cut a std 34" down to 33"? Obviously it always the best to get the right length at purchase...but if we need to cut it down and maybe even to...say 32"?

Another question, I understand from GolfFix that we are supposed to putt with the upper half of the putter face...illustrated with Phil doing the fwd press thingy when he putt. By doing that wouldn't he be like deloft it...and would not get to ball to roll as quickly as the designed 4deg loft?

Thanks.

Denis Titleist

Hi Denis,

Yes the putter heads are matched to the length. The use of select weight technology allows us to do this at assembly.

If you change length and for example go shorter you will loose swingweight in the head. That may feel ok its really a very subjective thing but the putter will swingweight lighter than originally intended. If you wanted to maintain the same swightweight as what you had originally you need to add weight to the head. I would recommend seeing a PGA Professional before you cut the putter down shorter than 33" to make sure your setup is sound and that your not changing the putter length for the wrong reason.

Cameron putters are designed to have 4 deg of loft when the shaft has 1 deg of forward press. Said another way, if the shaft is vertical (no forward press) a Cameron putter has 5 deg of loft. The reason Cameron putters are cut in this manner is from the thousands of tour and better players that Scotty has on video. The ideal angles at impact for most great putters is one deg of forward press and four deg of loft. This allows the ball to be lifted out of the slight depression it makes in the grass (due to the ball having mass and gravity acting on it). This also produces a ball flight that travels slighty above and parallel to the ground for about six inches whereupon the ball hits the ground and begins rolling. Less than four deg of loft drives the ball down into the turf and makes it pop in the air and bounce. More than four deg of loft and the ball launches off the putter face too high and bounces when it lands. Scotty's extensive research has shown the 4 deg of loft at impact with a 1 deg forward press to be ideal.

One other physical note is that Cameron putters are cut with one deg of negative bounce or what we refer to as a draft sole. This insures that the putter rests on the leading edge not the trailing edge. If the putter rests on the trailing edge it has a tendency to look closed at address, or even worse to dynamically close at impact.

Hope that helps.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Rick,

Thank you very much for the great info ! I probably should get my putting setup checked...been holding my putter lower and lower. Have you got anyone you can refer me to? Thanks.

Denis
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Denis wrote:
Hi Rick,

Thank you very much for the great info ! I probably should get my putting setup checked...been holding my putter lower and lower. Have you got anyone you can refer me to? Thanks.

Denis

Glad we could be of help Denis.

As for PGA Professionals I know there are a couple on the forum here so that might be a good place to start.

All the best,

Rick
Back to top Go down
Golfnuts
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfnuts

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 am

Hi Rick,

Just wondering if the Z Blend Forged Irons series is still available or it's already EOL in the market?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next