Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist

Go down 
+64
tincup
Beneoo
H-bomb
davecsh
FootJoy
Derek
shiun
Babooliamkeng
Sean76
Dan5
Bangla123
shamusan
Shellman
wolverine
mcmug
weich
JohnBGLee
andrew-golf
golfanatic
Philip Chin
TourSwing
ughly
kooky
cwlow
duffader
Lipp
Steffan
watchman88sg
Genesis
vingay32
pushslice
asahi
pcy
Golfnuts
Denis
CKT
peace2903
JonL_TK
g8888k
senmin
Turbo
Edgarkj
Kopi Towkay
ultraman
Cyp_PGA
Technospaz
sebastianlim
22tang
mengteck71
mUAr_cHEe
apriz
arsenal90
chapgaokang
golfzilla
rangereye
daveaha
jaketang
botak
S70B
Dstruc
Titleist
rocky
Khorkar
sunny
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 am

watchman88sg wrote:
Hi Rick, is there any particular current model of Titleist irons that have the playing characteristics and performance of the 681 ? I have owned and played the T-stamped model for quite awhile now and have been harboring the thoughts of 'refurbishing' and stowing them away in my 'museum' for good for obvious reason. Hope to find a custom set to replace them first though.

Hi Watchman

They are both traditional muscle back designs so categorically they will
play similar.  That said 710MB is more than several generations removed
from the 681 design and has been improved in terms of the performance and
solid feel (better CG location), as well as the sole design and performance
(more optimal sole widths and bounce angles).  In addition the lofts on
710MB are more modern (a degree stronger).

Titleist SEA
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi titleist spokeman,
I like a slot for the iron fitting next week during 30 aug to 3 Sept. Can you forward me a contact number of your fitter. Prefer fitting venue to be at tthe range. Arranging this out on behalf of a friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lipp
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Titleist, how do I check if my AP1 710 irons are genuine? It has serial no. on iron 6.
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Lipp,

If you email us the registration number, and purchase information (where you bought them, when you bought them etc.) to asktitleistSEA@acushnetgolf.com, we will check and get back to you. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:35 pm

I was put to compare my current iron against ZB, surprised with the feel and playability the iron can delivered. Even though a couple of balls i tried on this 4 iron, I already like the feeling it shot the ball. When i check the offical site, this previous model is recommanded for highly skilled player. I like this iron and want some assurance/opinion before I switch my iron again. My Hcp playing 21plus. Current iron: AP2 (debut model)
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Steffan wrote:
I was put to compare my current iron against ZB, surprised with the feel and playability the iron can delivered. Even though a couple of balls i tried on this 4 iron, I already like the feeling it shot the ball. When i check the offical site, this previous model is recommanded for highly skilled player. I like this iron and want some assurance/opinion before I switch my iron again. My Hcp playing 21plus. Current iron: AP2 (debut model)

Hi Steffan,

Its very hard to make an assessment without seeing you hit balls. The ZB set is blend set meaning cavity long irons that progress into blade short irons. They are positioned for a skilled player as you mentioned but because of the cavity long irons they do provide some forgivness and easy up ball flight. The AP2's are more forgiving throughout the entire set and will likely give you the best overall play at this time given your handicap.

Titleist, Singapore
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Hello titleist , i see somewhere that scotty cameron going sold off to nike or puma ... ( forget the brand ) i want to know if it was true statement ? and if the sold it . this will mean that the scotty wont be produce anymore

thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm

One question.... why is the FB page still featuring foreign pros where the Handa Classic is a singapore touranment. I think its only fair to show some pictures of the local sponsored players so that people like us can relate to. And i think its a great way to show some local support. Maybe the local pros are not using the latest equipment hence no point featuring them???
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 am

duffader wrote:
One question.... why is the FB page still featuring foreign pros where the Handa Classic is a singapore touranment. I think its only fair to show some pictures of the local sponsored players so that people like us can relate to. And i think its a great way to show some local support. Maybe the local pros are not using the latest equipment hence no point featuring them???

Hi Duffader,

Thanks for your question and its a good one as we are big supporters of local golf. 19 of the 23 professionals from Singapore in the field are Titleist ball Titleist/FJ glove and FJ shoes users. 6 of these are full line Titleist staff players that use all our products. At this time a few pros that play on foreign tours have the 910 driver and that is why they were featured but when we have this new product fitted with some of our local players here we will be sure to post. We appreciate your feedback and believe fully that local heros are important to growing the game.

Titleist, Singapore
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi titleist , i was wondering when will be the official release date for the 910 driver thanks a lot ?
Back to top Go down
cwlow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 pm

How much does a set of 3-PW 710 Mb cost?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 am

1650 at vinc golf
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:25 am

is club fitting at golf house for AP2 set free of charge (if say adjust lie etc, see which stock shaft to take, no change to exotic shaft types...)

not sure how club fitting works but I guess I will be required to put in a custom order after?
is there additional charges for the whole process..?

thanks for clarifying before I head down golf shoes and all.
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:39 am

it is free if you buy the clubs from them.

If you go and club fit, but go somewhere else to buy the clubs, then the service will be at a price.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:27 am

Recently came by a set of ap2 with kbs custom shaft, had a hand on it and love the flight of the shot. I came to notice that the 6 iron does not have the serial number on it. Neither 7 iron too. How to confirm if it is an authentic set?
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Dear Sir,

Is the 910 Hybrid in 17 degress avil with a regular shaft?

Are the Motore shafts in Singapore asian/japan spec?

Tks
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Senmin,

Yes, the 910H is available in 17 degree's with a regular shaft. Motore F3 shafts are a global spec, some shaft weights however are unique to asia. Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Titleist Singapore
www.titleist.com.sg
www.facebook.com/titleistSEA
www.twitter.com/titleistSEA

Last edited by Titleist on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi, if I order a Titleist 910 d2 (project x 73g) , and would like to have a shaft length of 44 instead of 45 ... Will Titleist comply? Or would i need a local club fitter to do it?

I assume Tileist would cut an inch from the tip? How much more stiff will that make the staff (from existing 6.0)? And how to get back closer to the factory swingweight of d2/3?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 am

TourSwing wrote:
Hi, if I order a Titleist 910 d2 (project x 73g) , and would like to have a shaft length of 44 instead of 45 ... Will Titleist comply? Or would i need a local club fitter to do it?

I assume Tileist would cut an inch from the tip? How much more stiff will that make the staff (from existing 6.0)? And how to get back closer to the factory swingweight of d2/3?

Thanks

Hi TourSwing,

Thanks for the question.

In terms of placing the order, we would always recommend you get fit for the club before purchasing. If however you are sure of the specs you need, you can place the order through any of our authorized retailers. We will then have a custom club put together for you. It should take 2-3 weeks to arrive in Singapore, and the shop will notify you when its time for collection.

When cutting a shaft for a specific length, we butt cut only. That way the shaft will play at the desired length and true to flex. We would only tip trim if requested to firm up the flex.

With the new weight screw in the 910 we can reach the D2/D3 swing weight at 44" for you. Be sure to specify the swing weight you are after when you make the order.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

www.twitter.com/titleistSEA

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks , pretty much answers all of my questions ... so correct me if I've misunderstood:

- But trimming by one inch will have a negligible impact on shaft flex.
- Adding the appropriate weight, using the weight screw, can restore the default swing weight. Will this added weight have any impact on shaft flex or would effect be negligible as well?

Don't want to badger with this issue ... just making sure I completely understand the repercussions, so that I can proceed with the order.

As suggested will also look for club fitting, but it'll be difficult to find someone with a 44inch Project X shaft to try out.
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:26 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Thanks , pretty much answers all of my questions ... so correct me if I've misunderstood:

- But trimming by one inch will have a negligible impact on shaft flex.
- Adding the appropriate weight, using the weight screw, can restore the default swing weight. Will this added weight have any impact on shaft flex or would effect be negligible as well?

Don't want to badger with this issue ... just making sure I completely understand the repercussions, so that I can proceed with the order.

As suggested will also look for club fitting, but it'll be difficult to find someone with a 44inch Project X shaft to try out.

Hi TourSwing,

Most shafts come at a raw length (around 47") and so they are designed to be cut down to a playable length in most cases this is in the 45" range and thus making the shaft play to its specified flex. So yes you are correct on your assumption.

As the club is shorter and the need to hit the target swingweight you want of D2/D3 the overall weight of the head will will be heavier, this can have some impact on how the shaft reacts. How much is player dependent but it would be more a feel thing then a big difference in flex.

Hopefully that helps,

Titleist SEA

Back to top Go down
Philip Chin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Hey Titleist,

I heard there is a new Staff Tour bag for 2011 coming out in a couple weeks. Is there?

Cheers,
Phil
Back to top Go down
chapgaokang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

Hi

Will the JDM model CB110 bag be available here?

http://www.titleist.co.jp/htm/access/cb110.shtml

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Philip and Chapgaokang,

Thanks for your questions. We will be releasing our new accessories line in April, this is correct. If you check our website www.titleist.com.sg mid to late next week, the updated line should be up there.

Unfortunately Philip, we are not launching a new staff bag this year. The staff bag will be the same as last years model.

And Chapgaokang, I'm afraid the CB110 will also not be available in this part of the world.

Sorry we couldn't help more. Do let us know if you have any other questions, and be sure to check out the new accessories range online late next week.

Titleist Singapore
www.titleist.com.sg
www.facebook.com/titleistsea
www.twitter.com/titleistsea

Have you joined Team Titleist:
www.titleist.com.sg/teamtitleist/
Back to top Go down
golfanatic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfanatic

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi,

I would like to get fitted with AP1 710. How can I contact you and where is the fitting (driving range preferred)?

What is the price of AP1 710 with NS Pro 950, 4-PW?

Tks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next