Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist

Go down 
+64
tincup
Beneoo
H-bomb
davecsh
FootJoy
Derek
shiun
Babooliamkeng
Sean76
Dan5
Bangla123
shamusan
Shellman
wolverine
mcmug
weich
JohnBGLee
andrew-golf
golfanatic
Philip Chin
TourSwing
ughly
kooky
cwlow
duffader
Lipp
Steffan
watchman88sg
Genesis
vingay32
pushslice
asahi
pcy
Golfnuts
Denis
CKT
peace2903
JonL_TK
g8888k
senmin
Turbo
Edgarkj
Kopi Towkay
ultraman
Cyp_PGA
Technospaz
sebastianlim
22tang
mengteck71
mUAr_cHEe
apriz
arsenal90
chapgaokang
golfzilla
rangereye
daveaha
jaketang
botak
S70B
Dstruc
Titleist
rocky
Khorkar
sunny
68 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist Empty
PostSubject: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Please post your questions to Titleist here.

Strictly Questions and Answers ONLY.
For discussion, please start new thread at "Golf Equipment" or "Lounge" sub-forums.

Last edited by sunny on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:47 pm

There's talk about Titleist releasing new range of irons. Can you describe what can we expect from the new releases as consumer of Titleist products?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Question: Where could one demo Titleist clubs in Singapore?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Khorkar wrote:
There's talk about Titleist releasing new range of irons. Can you describe what can we expect from the new releases as consumer of Titleist products?

Hi Khorkar,

Rather then trying to condense too much into this post its probably best to read in some detail about the irons at the following link from our local website

http://www.titleist.com.sg/news/newsdetail.asp?id=724&category=equipment

If you have any more specfic's I'd be happy to answer through this forum

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Is there an authorised dealer/ fitter where we can get grips replacement for Scotty putters?
Any plans for Scotty Custom store in this region?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:40 pm

rocky wrote:
Question: Where could one demo Titleist clubs in Singapore?

Hi Rocky,

www.titleist.com.sg will provide you with info on our demo days throughout Singapore.

If you are interested in fitting that is offered at Keppel and Seletar through Chilli Golf and with Golf House Suntec City

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Dstruc wrote:
Is there an authorised dealer/ fitter where we can get grips replacement for Scotty putters?
Any plans for Scotty Custom store in this region?

Hi Dstruc,

The putter needs to come back to us and we will do the change for you. This can be done and paid for through any of our authorised dealers. Unfortunatly, we have found orginal Cameron Putter grips on counterfeit product in Asia so we have a procudure in place that prevents any grips from falling into the wrong hands. I know its a hassle to send a putter in and we are looking at how to improve this. Eamil Cheng in our office here cheng_penghuat@acushnetgolf.com if you need more info on this regrip.

No plans for Cameron stores at this time.

Thanks for posting,

Rick
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

I would like to ask if Titleist SEA has an avenue for Scotty Cameron owners to send in their putters to the Scotty Studio for 'pimping' and refurbishment?

Reason I ask is because I send them in to the Scotty Studio only when I am based here in US for an extended period of time cos naturally, shipping cost is reduced and also, turn round time is an avg of at least 8 weeks.

It will be great if Titleist can provide the necessary process at a better rate of shipping from Sg rather than what is currently available thru FEDEX or UPS. It also sorts of gurantee good aftermarket service and assurance for people who own Titleist and Scotty products.

Next question is will there be a satin option for the 710 MBs?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:52 pm

S70B wrote:
Hi Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

I would like to ask if Titleist SEA has an avenue for Scotty Cameron owners to send in their putters to the Scotty Studio for 'pimping' and refurbishment?

Reason I ask is because I send them in to the Scotty Studio only when I am based here in US for an extended period of time cos naturally, shipping cost is reduced and also, turn round time is an avg of at least 8 weeks.

It will be great if Titleist can provide the necessary process at a better rate of shipping from Sg rather than what is currently available thru FEDEX or UPS. It also sorts of gurantee good aftermarket service and assurance for people who own Titleist and Scotty products.

Next question is will there be a satin option for the 710 MBs?

Hi S7OB,

Glad we can be of assistance through the forum

The topic you raise is one that is being looked at and we have recieved lots of questions on this. Solutions are being discussed on how to help Cameron fans that live outside the US. There are several other factors that we need to consider as well which I wont go into but rest assured this is on our radar scope.

MB's will be offered in Chrome finish only at this time.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 pm

At the upcoming Barclays Singapore Open, will Cobra or Titleist host some sort of "meet the players" event thingy?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:47 am

Thanks Rick.

Another question is: When will the Surefit system be available for the 710s?

Also, will the clubs cost more if a buyer uses the Surefit system to purchase clubs compared to an authorised dealer who sells it off the rack like Golfhouse?

Reason I ask is that Titleist USA here does not charge more if I put in an order thru their authorised distributors for a specific lie, loft and certain no-upcharge shaft options like Dynamic Gold in a different flex. I used the surefit system to get fitted too for the AP2s last year.

It will be an awesome plus point if Titleist SEA does the same so that more players choosing Titleist can play fitted equipment straight up instead of something off-the-rack and complaining that it 'doesn't feel good' where in reality, its the lie and shaft flex that is all wrong for them.

If you guys do already, it will be great to clear up the myth that custom equipment cost more than off-the-rack.
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:54 am

S70B wrote:
Thanks Rick.

Another question is: When will the Surefit system be available for the 710s?

Also, will the clubs cost more if a buyer uses the Surefit system to purchase clubs compared to an authorised dealer who sells it off the rack like Golfhouse?

Reason I ask is that Titleist USA here does not charge more if I put in an order thru their authorised distributors for a specific lie, loft and certain no-upcharge shaft options like Dynamic Gold in a different flex. I used the surefit system to get fitted too for the AP2s last year.

It will be an awesome plus point if Titleist SEA does the same so that more players choosing Titleist can play fitted equipment straight up instead of something off-the-rack and complaining that it 'doesn't feel good' where in reality, its the lie and shaft flex that is all wrong for them.

If you guys do already, it will be great to clear up the myth that custom equipment cost more than off-the-rack.

We will have the new irons in the Surefit carts by early December.

There is no charge and there never has been a charge for a standard fitting other then for the time of the fitter if a consumer chooses to buy elsewhere which is only fair. The only additional costs that could come from fitting might be the selection of certain more expensive shafts or grips that come with upcharges as you mentioned. We absorb the freight charges as well on shipping from the US.

Hope that clears up any doubts.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:24 am

botak wrote:
At the upcoming Barclays Singapore Open, will Cobra or Titleist host some sort of "meet the players" event thingy?

Hi Botak,

A lot of the big name players have several sponsorship/media commitments to fullfill when here for the Singapore Open and there is not a lot of time early in the week to get that done.

Its unlikely we will have a formal "meet the players" event this year.

I'll post if that changes.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 pm

hi,

juz to check, if there's any titleist branch in SG tht have the left hand iron set for demo?

cheers..
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Titleist wrote:
Agumon wrote:
Do u guys carry the SC ball tool in s'pore? if so which dealer carries it? Titleist

Hi,

We have the pivot tools available through dealers here in Singapore.

The ball tools are sold only through cameron website.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,
Thanks for answering GRers questions about Titleist product.

Now my turn Smile
I recently bought a SC Newport 2 from Golf house. Does it come with the divot tool ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Daveaha,

Glad we can advise via the forum.

Sorry to report that the current line of Cameron Putters do not come stock with a Pivot Tool. You can however purchase one here locally through a dealer if required.

Thanks for supporting Titleist.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:00 pm

jaketang wrote:
hi,

juz to check, if there's any titleist branch in SG tht have the left hand iron set for demo?

cheers..

Hey Jake,

We will have the new irons in LH once we launch them at all our demo days. Kepp an eyve out for these at www.titleist.com.sg. Right now our fitting carts at Keppel and Golf House Suntec have LH current irons and 909 Drivers that you could perhaps try if you went down to either of those locations.

We hope to do a better job for lefties in the future at our demo days.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:18 pm

tx rick!

nice to hear tht, will arrange a day to try them out.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 pm

jaketang wrote:
tx rick!

nice to hear tht, will arrange a day to try them out.

cheers

You're welcome Jake.

I have a good friend who is lefty and I know it can be frustrating at times. If you are still not having much luck shoot me an email and we'll help you out.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Vyeo's question in the cobra thread gave me an idea.

As you know, there are more and more counterfeit products coming out of you-know-where. These 'products' are getting better at copying by the day.

Can Titleist and Cobra please list down what we should be looking out for when purchasing their products? For eg, how to know whether a Vokey wedge they are holding on to is the 'real deal'?

More so for Scotty Cameron putters as there are more counterfeit ones seen on ebay everyday, in particular, the Studio Stainless and Studio Select models.

This will help new and not-so-informed consumers to be more aware of how to spot fakes.
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:16 pm

i second the suggestion from S70B.. this will be good information, no point wasting $ on counterfeits..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:34 am

S70B wrote:
Vyeo's question in the cobra thread gave me an idea.

As you know, there are more and more counterfeit products coming out of you-know-where. These 'products' are getting better at copying by the day.

Can Titleist and Cobra please list down what we should be looking out for when purchasing their products? For eg, how to know whether a Vokey wedge they are holding on to is the 'real deal'?

More so for Scotty Cameron putters as there are more counterfeit ones seen on ebay everyday, in particular, the Studio Stainless and Studio Select models.

This will help new and not-so-informed consumers to be more aware of how to spot fakes.

There is really no exact science to detecting counterfeit product. When you compare original and counterfeit side by side its pretty obvious. Typically the workmanship is poor and the material is not the same. Try comparing a few of the same product as well and see if there are inconsistencies.

Where the whole counterfeit thing deceives people is through online buying. When you cant physically see the product before you buy or its purchased through a non reputable website. This is why there will always be a risk to online buying if you don't know/trust the seller. We often here of people saying the photo of the product on the site is genuine but the product received is not. Consumers need to weight up the options on this and make a decision from there.

Without sounding too self-serving this is where buying from a trusted source or authorised dealer is the better option. You get authentic product and the warranty to support as well. Piece of mind on your purchase.

On the subject of limited Cameron Putters which are traded very actively online. Once again a decision must be made based on trusting the seller. There are some very good sellers out there you just have to ensure you are satisfied that they are authentic.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
golfzilla
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

anyone know exactly when the new scotty cameron series will be launching?

- Scotty cameron Junkie Smile
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:41 pm

golfzilla wrote:
anyone know exactly when the new scotty cameron series will be launching?

- Scotty cameron Junkie Smile

Hi Golfzilla,

At this stage we are targeting a 15th December availability of the California Putters.

Thanks

Rick
Back to top Go down
chapgaokang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Wonder if SGP will get allocated with some of the Limited 1/500 Honey-dips or just the OTRs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist   Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Questions and Answers: Ask Titleist
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next