Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool

Go down 
+44
blee67
katherinechiok
sunny
handiman
beehome
fata
kissthegreen
ChrisD
s-killer
ParTee
golfool2009
ahhhling
enwee
zhenxua
loserjo
ken23
TourSwing
Happy Feet
botak
Master
iuh
chien
asahi
Joshua
eiji
Tiger Wu
JonDoe
lennylim
slinger
wei1974
Nudge12
ralphlim
mayalab
Stardust
falconlgh
Khorkar
Golfer Guy
pocketace
schnell
nientsu
audi
Duval_S
den
Streamer
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Duval_S wrote:
THATS IT.....BRING BACK RAFA

NB......2 GOALS DOWN !!!!

I AM GOING TO STOP SINGING...'I NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WALKING ALONE '

you can start supporting Arsenal now.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 pm

We got sucker punched. Great counter attacking from arsenal. I think we will be walking alone for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:42 pm

I think the passing play is improving, just the defense is not used to holding such a high line and a lot of players caught napping. Give BR some time, the way they are playing now looks good and give time with the right strike force, we should be formidable.

Downing is a big disappointment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:00 pm

eiji wrote:
I think the passing play is improving, just the defense is not used to holding such a high line and a lot of players caught napping. Give BR some time, the way they are playing now looks good and give time with the right strike force, we should be formidable.

Downing is a big disappointment.

agree Smile

BR should include Adam Morgan on the bench..and possibly send him on for Suarez (vs Arsenal) last 15 mins.
Raheem Sterling is impressive
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:08 pm

yes, that young lad sterling certainly can show some dribbling skills, and he's fast too. well, give rogers some time to get his winning formula and we should be back on track.
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 am

liverpool is on the way down
Back to top Go down
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:05 am

Soton 2 : RVP 3

Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm

While it hurts me to say this, I kinda expect we get nothing out of this match. We brought it upon ourselves once again. I do not wish to blame Mark Halsey for the poor penalty decision because that is football, that is life. Antonio Valencia is not a dirty player who dives (we only need to look at our Suarez). He just got himself into a dangerous position that forced the LFC players to Take action. Unfortunately Halsey thought the challenge looked like a penalty to him.

Jonjo Selvey pays the price for his over zealous challenge but he reminds me of the young and impetuous Stevie G in his younger days. I wonder what Rodgers told Jordan Henderson when he brought him on for Raheem Sterling. I'm guessing along the lines of "just get onto the pitch Jordan, and try not to touch the ball, just get out of the way..." Was Sterling injured? I thought he was really causing some damage. scratch

I see some positives though (really!). We show that we can play the pressing and passing kinda football that Rodgers envisaged. We showed that despite playing more than half the match with just ten men, we can continue to press and harass Man U. We did not let Man U steamroll over us. We won more corners, more shots on goal, and more possession. However, the only statistic that counts is Man U scoring one goal more than us. They are after all seasoned campaigners who are used to grinding out results despite not playing their best. For that, hats off to our worthy opponents! It was also really classy of Fergie to write that open letter to the fans on respecting the victims of the Hilsborough incident in 96. Beer

What's next for LFC then? They either wilt and tell themselves they suck for not being able to hold on to a lead in once our mighty fortress Anfield, resulting in more poor results and Rodgers sacking, or
They picked themselves up and give themselves a pat on their back for the fighting spirit and their good football that we got more than a glimpse of tonight. If they can play at this same level (sans Jordan Henderson) against other teams like Wigan, West Brom and Swansea (no disrespect but these clubs are not Chelsea, arsenal, Man U & City), then LFC will truly be a team in transition for better days ahead!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:22 pm

A pity for long periods of great play by Pool.......did not deserve to get nothing out of this game. Tough luck for them when it comes to referee's decisions.

Shelvey's tackle was at best 50-50 coz Evans came in with studs showing too. Referee was too hasty with the red card, I feel.

Penalty wise, well.....it was smart play by Valencia...he knew someone was coming from behind and all he need to do was to fall over....mind you, it seems he was slipping before contact came in.....sigh

Well, Rodgers gt something up and running in Liverpool....their passing and high pressing style which is good and pleasing to the eyes...let's hope the owners would be more patient with him.

And please......someone get Henderson out of the club!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:03 am

van persie did a tackle similar to shelvey's and got only yellow card. the penalty given was poor refereeing i must say. it was an even game imo.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am

audi wrote:
van persie did a tackle similar to shelvey's and got only yellow card. the penalty given was poor refereeing i must say. it was an even game imo.

Oh yea....that too! For some reasons, referees are damn scared to give penalty against Man U (Fergie).
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 am

fergie is very intimidating la. he's old and experienced. even refs are scared of him also ahahahha
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 am

pocketace wrote:
While it hurts me to say this, I kinda expect we get nothing out of this match. We brought it upon ourselves once again. I do not wish to blame Mark Halsey for the poor penalty decision because that is football, that is life. Antonio Valencia is not a dirty player who dives (we only need to look at our Suarez). He just got himself into a dangerous position that forced the LFC players to Take action. Unfortunately Halsey thought the challenge looked like a penalty to him.

Jonjo Selvey pays the price for his over zealous challenge but he reminds me of the young and impetuous Stevie G in his younger days. I wonder what Rodgers told Jordan Henderson when he brought him on for Raheem Sterling. I'm guessing along the lines of "just get onto the pitch Jordan, and try not to touch the ball, just get out of the way..." Was Sterling injured? I thought he was really causing some damage. scratch

I see some positives though (really!). We show that we can play the pressing and passing kinda football that Rodgers envisaged. We showed that despite playing more than half the match with just ten men, we can continue to press and harass Man U. We did not let Man U steamroll over us. We won more corners, more shots on goal, and more possession. However, the only statistic that counts is Man U scoring one goal more than us. They are after all seasoned campaigners who are used to grinding out results despite not playing their best. For that, hats off to our worthy opponents! It was also really classy of Fergie to write that open letter to the fans on respecting the victims of the Hilsborough incident in 96. Beer

What's next for LFC then? They either wilt and tell themselves they suck for not being able to hold on to a lead in once our mighty fortress Anfield, resulting in more poor results and Rodgers sacking, or
They picked themselves up and give themselves a pat on their back for the fighting spirit and their good football that we got more than a glimpse of tonight. If they can play at this same level (sans Jordan Henderson) against other teams like Wigan, West Brom and Swansea (no disrespect but these clubs are not Chelsea, arsenal, Man U & City), then LFC will truly be a team in transition for better days ahead!

lol!

Bro bro bro... Most if not all my Liverpool fan friends had given up.. But you'll never walk alone, cos many will still support the club through thick and thin.. This is football...

Pool was definitely the better team, and I have a strong feeling Man U was contended to sit back to contain them looking for breaks to strike.. That explained the old horses like Giggs, Scholes and Carrick in the centre half.. That worked in some ways, maybe Man U was just happy to walkk away with 1 point at Anfield ??

But on the penalty, it's intelligence of Valencia and stupidity of the defender.. Valencia seemed to run out of space down the line, why would the red shirt go in and stick his leg out in front of the running man?? Look at this youtube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0z7qlwB7eI

I feel for you bro.. To see your team in relegation zone, and another year (or 2 most likely) out of Europe action..

If it makes you feel better, you can always look forward to our Dec game... lol!

cheers

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 am

Chien, thanks or your kind words. It's ok lah, you are right, its just football (similar to my golf game). There are More important things in life!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 am

PA: i agree with you.

Liverpool's play is getting better, just that they are not able to score. We have got ourselves to blame for the loss. The moment we got a red card, you know the tide has turned to Manu.

But, unlike some who thinks that liverpool is a goner, i actually think we have got a bright future. With Rodger's style of play, good young players like sterling and shelvey, and hopefully, players like Henderson can improve to fit the system, we have got a good spine of young players to take over. We just need a bit of time. Sadly, time these days, in football management, is a precious commodity. We also need a bit more spending power for players.
Back to top Go down
Streamer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Streamer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:43 am

Chelsea announces the appointment of ex Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez as the replacement for Di Matteo.

Can't help to be saddened by this news although I wish Rafa all the best at Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 am

Streamer wrote:
Chelsea announces the appointment of ex Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez as the replacement for Di Matteo.

Can't help to be saddened by this news although I wish Rafa all the best at Chelsea.

Sad for who? Rafa or Chelski ?

cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:38 am

Roman was never convinced about Di Matteo despite his cup successes last season.

Chelsea's current poor form was just a convenient reason to get rid of Matteo.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 am

can rafa help chelsea to win champions league again this season?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 am

I think rafa will do well in chelsea. He is one of the most brillaint tacticians around. Defensively, Chelsea will be better, and is complemented by a host of brilliant attacking players wh can turn the match around. Plus he will get the best from torres.

then again, my hopes of torres being loaned back to liverpool will be dashed.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 am

What a tough gig to be a Chelsea manager, he won the UCL last season and now this?!

More instability to Chelsea, the better for Liverpool!

Rafa knows this is only a seat warming role until Abramovich convince Pep Guardiola to be the Chelsea manager

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:39 am

I for one hope benitez comes back to anfield, along with Hazard, Oscar, Torres.

*slap face!* Oh, I am dreaming. Liverpool cant afford them
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:44 am

i do agree that rafa is one of the most brilliant tacticians around. but during his later years in pool, his tactics were questionable. imo, its so so so defensive.

the best thing, he brought fowler back for a final season... cheers

yeah, was secretly hoping for torres to come back to pool too.. oh well... Wink
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:00 am

everyone was mocking torres when he only managed 1 goal in his first season in chelsea. i think he can fit to liverpool's tactics rather than chelsea's. but i do agree that rafa can bring the best our of torres.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 am

No guys, I'm not for anymore managerial change at least for next couple of seasons

Rafa or otherwise. Look at everton, it really pains me to observe. Their transfer budget is nowhere near Liverpool. They can still sell arteta and Cahill and still top 4... Managerial stability... I'm a believer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next