Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool

Go down 
+44
blee67
katherinechiok
sunny
handiman
beehome
fata
kissthegreen
ChrisD
s-killer
ParTee
golfool2009
ahhhling
enwee
zhenxua
loserjo
ken23
TourSwing
Happy Feet
botak
Master
iuh
chien
asahi
Joshua
eiji
Tiger Wu
JonDoe
lennylim
slinger
wei1974
Nudge12
ralphlim
mayalab
Stardust
falconlgh
Khorkar
Golfer Guy
pocketace
schnell
nientsu
audi
Duval_S
den
Streamer
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
falconlgh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Alonso wanted to go. Actually, he was not performing up to mark for 2 seasons. Rafa Benitez told him that he wanted to sell him. He then produced that great season and pushed for a transfer to Real Madrid.

The downward spiral did not begin with the players. It began with a pair of jokers called Gillette & Hicks. They suck the money out of Liverpool to pay debts so we had to sell our best players to fund the debts and to stay afloat.

Well, all that is past. Now I'm just looking forward to a new season under the new boss. Hope things will improve.
Back to top Go down
mayalab
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mayalab

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:42 pm

what do u guys think about new signing borini?
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:27 pm

mayalab wrote:
what do u guys think about new signing borini?

Not seen much of him except for this youtube contribution. According to BR he is young, pacy, exciting, has an eye for goals, has the skill and finese to unlock the toughest defence and will add value to Liverpool offensive program... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Stardust
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Any idea who will be the next transfer after Borini?
Back to top Go down
falconlgh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, Liverpool seem to be open to offers for Andy Carroll.. So he might be the next transfer (out) if a decent offer comes along. If it was me, I will not even bat an eyelid to anything less than $25 mil.

As for other transfers in, so far never hear of much except for Dempsey.
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Stardust wrote:

Clint Dempsey is highly rated by BR and he wanted him to be enlisted before the N.America tour...
Fulham is playing hard ball and wanted a higher offer or in part exhange for Andy Caroll.
Liverpool will not let Andy Caroll go on the cheap.
Clint is into his last year of contract and he will be a free agent same time next year.

If Clint joins Liverpool, this will move Andy Caroll down the pecking order.

Current stirkers on the first team-

1. Lius Suarez
2. Fabio Borini
3. Andy Caroll
4. Craig Bellamy- understand that he is also moving on (Cardiff or QPR amongst those interested)
5. Raheem Sterling

Last edited by den on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 pm

i think dempsey is a good choice. he can play as playmaker also. this gives gerrard his favourite position, central midfield. i dont think putting gerrard as a second striker is a good choice.

as for andy carroll, he takes too long to adapt to liverpool system. although the second half of last season he improved, but i still think that he's not worthy of playing for liverpool. sell him to fund dempsey.

jordan henderson, he's a promising lad. i agree with some of you brothers that he's being played in too many positions to fill in the gap. he's not in gerrard's standard yet, where he can play in many positions.
Back to top Go down
Nudge12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 am

Stardust wrote:

I reckon Daniel Sturridge would be an awesome acusition down the flanks. He sits within the transfer philosopy of Fenway Sports (young and resonably priced) which has got many good years ahead of him in his career. We have all seen what he can do on the pitch for Chelsea and he'll provide the solution down the flanks or even as a striker upfront.
As for the aquisition of Dempsey, it is rather two-fold. i have to admit he's gd but i personally feel if the price set by Fulham is over 5mil, he is quite a risky investment for the club to move forward. He is almost 30 yrs and he feels like those kind of players who only excels in "smaller club" due to the lack of pressure. I guess the aquisition of him would do gd for Liverpool is more of a publicity stunt to the american market.
Whatever the case is, i believe Brendan Rodgers will blossom at LFC be it with his eye for making gd transfers and his philosopy of the tiki taka playing style.
I suppose we'll just have to give him time developing LFC into a formidable force again.
Back to top Go down
Stardust
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Letting go of Andy Carroll at 15m seems like such bad business having purchased him for 35m. Any chance he will fit into the new system? He seems to be coming good.
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:51 pm

There are a lot for news in the transfer market.....

From BBC, Newcastle United had their second offers for Andy Caroll declined.
Liverpool FC had indicated they will only listen to offer in excess of £20m
Andy had made known that if he is sold, his preference is to return to Newcastle United.
Back to top Go down
mayalab
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mayalab

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

it is impossible for carol to cost 20m. far too excessive
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 am

Tom is the start of the new season. Yest we were talking about Manu and their new signing RVP. Lets talk about Liverpool today.

What are your views on the new Liverpool under Rodgers and his signing?

Personally, i am hopeful for the new season.

Last season was the worst i have seen. No disrespect to the King, but i think he needed to go.

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 am

Yes... Looks promising.
But as per past seasons, hope floats

I'm gonna keep my expectations low, especially the first few games quite challenging...
Fingers crossed we'll come thru unscathed
Back to top Go down
wei1974
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:55 am

under BR, liverpool is playing more on the ground....now they have more options upfront... last year they were simply overwhelmed in the middle of the park so hopefully this year with Allen they can be more solid with Lucas and Stevie behind him.. so Allen holds the key to supply and create for Luis and maybe Caroll...

Part of me thinking it will be good to offload Caroll to free up so good cash to buy in more experience player.. he is good but bad most of the time...

Man U looking strong this year but mainly buying attackers... if their defence injuries pile up again... Finito!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 am

what i think:

1) too thin upfront...only luis (mayb caroll) but whatever formation, good team needs 3 strikers for a long season with 3 competitions

2) wingers...hasnt come good yet

3) dun think they had the CASH to buy marquee players anymore after the american facade

4) middle of the park, still ok but stevie is aging

5) they have good young players at the back

6) they are rebuilding team, doubt can finish top 4 this year

7) at least they are not blowing budgets to get good players like other teams
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 am

i caught glimpses of LFC's friendlies and how BR's set up the team, i think this will be an interesting season, and may be a good one depending on how quickly the players adapt to the new style/formation of tiki-taka.

starting XI in my view... in 4-2-3-1

Reina
johnson-skrtel-agger-enrique
allen-lucas
boroni-gerrard-downing
suarez

it looks like a v fluid formation with attacking wingers and allen/lucas expected to provide cover for back 4.
it can also transition quickly into 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 with allen/boroni pushing up respectively.
high pressing game when ball is lost up front will allow attack-minded fullbacks like johnson/kelly/enrique to time to track back while the attacking mids and forwards press.

BR likes his wingers who can also transition into strikers - i can see us going 4-3-3 with same back line + lucas-gerrard-allen and suarez-boroni/carroll-assadi/sterling. henderson/jonjo will probably be rotation/cover for center mids.

all in all, i can see the players (including the new and potential ones) to fit into a variety of systems, but I think he will start with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. even the players like tello (barca) will go on the wing/attack and sahin (RM) will sit in allen/lucas mould.

i don't see space for adam... and they're prob trying to offload carroll before they try to get dempsey.

Top 4 (priority) and couple of good cup runs in europa will be a good 1st season for BR.
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Updates....

Andy Carroll finally reunited with Big Sam and Kevin Nolan at West Ham. Understand the Reds accepted the first £1.5m for a year loan with a view to make the switch permanent @ £ 17m. Best of all West Ham is willing to pay 100% of his current salary which is about £ 80k per week.

According to BBC, Charlie Adam had undergone a medical at Brittiania Stadium after Liverpool FC had accepted an offer for £5m for the underperformed midfielder.
This also confirmed that Jay Spearing had signed the dotted line to go on loan to Bolton Wanderers for 6 months.

BR is awaiting news on the availability of 23 year old England & Chelsea forward Daniel Sturridge. The move hinges on Chelsea pursuit of Bayer Leverkusen's Germany forward Andre Schurrle.

The summer transfer market closes at 2300 hrs tonite (BST)
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Wah Lau so happening
Why no takers for my 'favorite' Jordan Henderson and Stewart downing?

Lai Lai Lai leh long leh long
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:13 pm

pocketace wrote:
Wah Lau so happening
Why no takers for my 'favorite' Jordan Henderson and Stewart downing?

Lai Lai Lai leh long leh long

This piece of news not as reliable....could be conjecture (LOL)

Heard Fulham is interested in Henderson and may make a deal on Clint Dempsey + cash....

Stewart Downing will stay and play at left back. He was MOTM vs Hearts at Anfield yesterday...LOL

Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:44 am

so, despite all the hype, no more signings...
we missed out on dempsey, no sturridge deal, no tello, no walcott.
we have enough wingers, but now we look really thin upfront (suarez, borini and i won't consider borini established striker yet).
at one point, there were even rumours yossi benayoun and owen might make a return... thankfully not!

as much as carroll didn't fit into the system, he's still good enough to throw on as a sub for last 20min if we're chasing a game and give the defenders and keeper some thing to think about.
But FSG wanted to preserve his value, so loaned him out and hopefully recoup some money.

i can't quite believe we didn't have a backup for dempsey if FSG weren't willing to stump up 6mio quid for a 29-year old with little resale value. in my view, spurs got a steal, and a good replacement for VDV. dempsey can play attacking mid or upfront.

suarez can't be playing thur and sun games every other week. carroll wasn't on the bench against hearts, and adam morgan had to play.
maybe we will see stevie g in a more advanced striker position?
Back to top Go down
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 am

Liverpool will be champions
Back to top Go down
Tiger Wu
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Tiger Wu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Liverpool fan, we are not alone! Gunners will have the same problem as us. CAN'T SCORE!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 pm

uh... guys, let's wake up from our slumber...

we suck!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 pm

THATS IT.....BRING BACK RAFA

NB......2 GOALS DOWN !!!!

I AM GOING TO STOP SINGING...'I NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WALKING ALONE '
Back to top Go down
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Tiger Wu wrote:
Liverpool fan, we are not alone! Gunners will have the same problem as us. CAN'T SCORE!

they don't now.

we are alone. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next