Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent

Go down 
+3
asahi
pocketace
navik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent Empty
PostSubject: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Hodgson leaves Liverpool

Roy Hodgson has left Liverpool by mutual consent after a dismal seven months in charge, with Kenny Dalglish taking over as manager for the rest of the season.

Hodgson had been under pressure for some time and speculation over his future intensified after Wednesday night's 3-1 defeat at Blackburn Rovers. That left Liverpool in 12th, four points above the relegation zone.

Read more at Soccernet

Although its not the way Liverpool used to do things, one can't denied that the club is in a crisis and the change is for the better. Roy Hodgson simply lacked the confidence and his defeatist attitude is ridiculous. Nonetheless, the players themselves are just as much to be blame. They forget that they should be playing for the club, its fans, if not for their own reputations. Hopefully, the appointment of Kenny Daglish does not turn out to be a double-edged sword, and the club can play to its potential from now on.

YNWA

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah. Some may argue he needs more games and a transfer budget but reality is, this is lfc. Fans of other clubs my deride us tha we are living in the past. Say wat u will

for me hodgson was never the answer from the start. Hope for better football and better results
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Haha.....finally! Took me so long to post because I was out celebrating already.
Time for Dalglish to finish what he never did.

But right on pocketace, Hodgson simply lacks the charisma and confidence to lead Pool!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 am

I respect hodgy for the work he did in fham. But I think pool is too big a club for him
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 am

Kenny left the hot seat due to stress the last time round. Let's see how long he can last
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 am

Like I said it could end up being a double-edged sword appointing Kenny, there would be fans who expect an overnight miracle, and it doesn't help that his 1st match would be against Man Utd. Rather Hodgson left after the match.

But heck, at least it seems the new owners do listen to what the fans want
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Well, he may not be able to give him the result. But at least he will command respect of the players and unite the dressing room. More importantly, the Kop fans will give him time to turn things around and stabilize the boat.

Another other manager will not be afforded such patience by the fans, so in this respect, he is the best man for the job.
Back to top Go down
polersg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 pm

hope the board can be patient and give Dalglish enough time to establish himself
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:53 am

Enough time? What is enough time? 1 or 2 season? What if during this period, Liverpool is relegated? Do u think the board will be right by standing by Dalglish?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 am

Dalglish was brought in to steady the boat till end of season.
Whether he stays on or not depends On whether the board deems him capable to lead the Reds thereafter.
If it was left to me, I'd say keep him.
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 am

really hope that dalglish will be da man. liverpool is too big a club to be languishing near the bottom
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

i initially thought Woy was a good man to "steady the ship" in the transition period - rafa leaving, new owners, etc - but the style of play was simply too depressing, negative tactics, long balls, not to mention losing games at home to the likes of blackpool, sunderland, northampton!! his buys were also disappointing - poulsen, konchesky...

there were doubts if King Kenny could be the man, i had doubts too... but his 1st game in charge was waaaay more positive than Woy's last 20! and the decision to bring Steve Clarke in as 1st team coach i thought was a masterstroke! i now feel he may stay well beyond this season, but of cos, we have yet to see if he can bring in the resultings.. starting wiht Blackpool and Everton!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent   Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roy Hodgson leaves Liverpool by mutual consent
Page 1 of 1