Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA

Go down 
+10
costajos
charan
kyleyann
billi
audi
pocketace
Technospaz
Duval_S
hkhamateur
Joshua
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA Empty
PostSubject: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:53 am

Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA McilroyOMEGA_zpsb7e9c9c7Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA RoryMcIlroyOMEGA2_zpsdc79f793
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:54 am

Golfer Rory McIlroy (we featured him here in the past) just signed up with OMEGA and left Audemars Piguet. OMEGA immediately captured him in an advertisement for the Aqua Terra collection, which they link to the golf sport. In the past, OMEGA has been sponsor of golf legend Ernie Els and during the years, added players like Greg Norman, Davis Love III, Sergio Garcia and Michelle Wie to their list of ambassadors.

And below a picture that OMEGA released this morning on their official Facebook page, showing OMEGA CEO Stephen Urquhart and Rory McIlroy in front of a huge OMEGA clock, both wearing a Seamaster Planet Ocean. Assuming it is for this picture only, being a new ambassador for the Seamaster Aqua Terra collection.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 am

Its money makg time fr Rory! Laughing
Start as young & early as possi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 am

Wonder hong long if at all will he takes to get use to this change? Hopefully will be like Nike just 3 tourneys
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am

Fortunately, his career is not in keeping time Smile
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 am

Wah Lau... Now he downgrades his swiss timepiece...

Uh, no offense to guys with omega watches here.

You and I know where Omega stands in the world of horology compared to AP. Just saying it as I see it. Don't flame me.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 am

pocketace wrote:

You and I know where Omega stands in the world of horology compared to AP. Just saying it as I see it. Don't flame me.... Laughing

Actually, that crossed my mind too. I guess he's going for the masses... and Omega can pay. But I would agree that AP is a league above Omega (and a bit more, perhaps).
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 am

Yes. I'm sure omega pays him more compared to AP
Probably the same with Nike paying him more than Titleist

If I'm in his shoes, I'll also make hay when the sun shines

After I retire from the game, I can always buy myself loads of AP ROO limited editions like the T2, Montoya, Barrichello, Trulli, Grand Prix... But I digressed, got carried away! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am

yeah downgrading for everything. who's the other players sponsored by AP other than gmac?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 am

Copied from AP website. Can exclude Rory

"AP Golf Ambassador Team represents the company’s commitment to golf by gathering an array of exceptional players for the brand.  Mozo joins the Swiss watch manufacturer’s illustrious pro-golfer roster, which already includes Cristie Kerr, Morgan Pressel, Rory McIlroy, Lee Westwood, Graeme McDowell, Ian Poulter, Miguel Angel Jiménez, Darren Clarke and Anthony Kim."

Actually I think our local boy LCB also endorses AP. got AP logo on his golf shirt
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am

pocketace wrote:
Yes. I'm sure omega pays him more compared to AP
Probably the same with Nike paying him more than Titleist

If I'm in his shoes, I'll also make hay when the sun shines

After I retire from the game, I can always buy myself loads of AP ROO limited editions like the T2, Montoya, Barrichello, Trulli, Grand Prix... But I digressed, got carried away! Hahaha

Tat y every year watches price increase .

Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

pocketace wrote:
Actually I think our local boy LCB also endorses AP. got AP logo on his golf shirt

If it's true, I wonder if he get's a free watch. Question
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 am

yes watch prices increase every year!
Back to top Go down
charan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm

From AP to Omega thats quite a downgrade...

Now Omega would probably hike prices even faster than before..
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm

look at the Omega adverts... they pay to advertise for Nike as well...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 pm

They can go ahead raise prices... See who will buy Evil or Very Mad

MW also uses Nike equipment and endorses Omega

I think it's ominous for Rory! Twisted Evil

Rolex is the way to go lah... See full page ad by Rolex on TW in the press cheers

Apart from Rolex, omega and AP. what other Swiss time piece brands sponsors golf pros?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:28 pm

pocketace wrote:

Ha! Ha! I can't even afford a watch more than $180 in value. My expensive watch so far is a Swatch chronograph bought in 1999 at Jurong East for $160. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

pocketace wrote:

Rolex is the way to go lah... See full page ad by Rolex on TW in the press cheers

Apart from Rolex, omega and AP. what other Swiss time piece brands sponsors golf pros?

Tag Heuer, Link Series for Tiger Woods
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 pm

pocketace wrote:

phil mickelson rolex
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 am

I think Aduemars Piguet is for niche market while Omega can be considered to be for mass market.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am

Actually, Omega is under Swatch group has monopoly over the watch movement manufacturing in Swiss ETA. I think it about more than 95%. They are the major players. If you want to sign up, you sign with deep pocket brands.
Back to top Go down
TigerBeer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Caroline Wozniackis endorses for Rolex while Rory endorses for OMEGA.Guess who is the one dominating the relationship right now? =P
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Way to go Bubba
Now we are talking bout some serious timepiece with street credibility

How bout a cool half a mil Richard Mille? Dang!!!
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2067101
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA   Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rory McIlroy Leaves Audemars Piguet And Joins OMEGA
Page 1 of 1