Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Departure of king kenny

Go down 
+14
Frederick
riverdeity
slinger
odyssey23
Winston
Khorkar
Duval_S
falconlgh
ralphlim
Joshtay
IGT
jasGolf
pocketace
nientsu
18 posters
AuthorMessage
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Departure of king kenny Empty
PostSubject: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:46 am

A sad day for Liverpool fans. Kenny daglish is my fav Liverpool player.

But honestly, a necessary thing to do. While I love to see Kenny as a manager, he tactics were going nowhere. While my heart says he sud stay, my head says his is out of touch.

We have to admit that we are not top 4 pedigree anymore.

Pls give your views....
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:11 am

I'm with u, mate. I've been watching LFC since the 80s and witness KD at his best as a player and manager

But alas, to let the club move forward, we gotta do the right thing. Perhaps he may be spared the axe if he won the FA Cup. We can tell he got his tactics wrong when LFC went sleeping for 60mins and only look a threat in the final 30 mins with the intro of Carroll (he also undelivered and partly caused KD's sacking, oh don't get me started on J Henderson and S Downing!)

It was too little too late. I guess it's a blessing in disguise to lose the FA Cup and we just have to part ways with KD and move on. I also believe the writings is on the wall when Damien Camolli was sacked as director of football earlier. Unfortunately KD did not deliver the results and finishing behind Everton is the final straw.
Back to top Go down
jasGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasGolf

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:55 am

A sad day for Liverpool fans ? maybe not for all
He's my fav Liverpool player too but that's that

Anyway he got more time for Golf liao Swing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_OlKDArCyz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beer
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:27 am

Yes, KD and Ian Rush - two of my all-time favourites. Great as a player, not manager. I feel for u.
Back to top Go down
Joshtay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Joshtay

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:06 am

I've felt that all along his tactics weren't too bad... But it was his persistent selection of Henderson that killed things for our game. Henderson was having on an average, 5 Bad games and 1 average one.

Well, he remains my favourite person associated to LFC. As a person he was like our lighthouse. I hope that he never stops loving LFC. I still hope to see him still being in the VIP stands.

King Kenny, YNWA!
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:37 am

I hope they consider Ian Rush as the next Manager

its sad that KD was not given time to build, i believe he has what it takes, but with what football is these days, instant success is a must

I would think Liverpool given their history would be more patient, but with American cowboy owners.... sigh!!

Nevertheless, thanks KD for bringing us to Wembly twice this season.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:50 am

The main thing is that under him, liverpool overpaid for mediocre players. All these stemmed from the buy english policy which in my point of view, is not what camoilli is good in.

Like all businesses, if you invest close to 100m GBP, u jolly well bring in the results. Sadly, we did not play well.
Back to top Go down
falconlgh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Sad to see King Kenny go, especially leaving when things are low. Would have like to see him leave on the high note. But I guess it is for the best of the club. Tactically he has been blowing hot and cold. Sometimes it works wonders, sometimes, changes came too little too late.

English players are overpriced, pushed up by the "need more english players in the clubs" policy. So we paid very high prices but with mediocre results. For me, the one that underperformed is S Downing. He's almost 28 yr old but still not really stepping up to the plate. As for Carroll and Henderson, they are both still young (both under 25). Need more time to develope, much like Lucas Leiva when he just started.

What we need now is for FSG to find a good DoF (if that is the structure they want) and after that a good manager. Hope they get it done sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm

coach nowadays is like putter

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:33 pm

We also gotta try to convince Aquilani and Joe Cole to stick around and play next season. I can't believe we farm them out on loan and spend millions of pounds on a "buy British" campaign and got lemons in return. And Joe Cole is English and far more useful than Henderson and Downing put together.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:54 pm

While everyone feel sad that he left....I am not. Liverpool have disappointed their fans so much and losing games that they could have won... I just want them to get a Manager that throw boots around and get the value worth the players.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Khorkar wrote:
While everyone feel sad that he left....I am not. Liverpool have disappointed their fans so much and losing games that they could have won... I just want them to get a Manager that throw boots around and get the value worth the players.

Agree. We want some one we can deliver. The rest is secondary. KD was a great player, but coaching is different.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Being a supporter of LIverpool since secondary school days....it breaks my heart to see KD go so like this. It would have been better if the Owners "let him resign" rather than fire him.

As for buying british, there were so many other good players out there besides the above mentioned. And to this day, I still believe that andy carroll is hopeless. Between him and crouch, i would stick with crouch any time. carragher is another that should have stopped playing many seasons ago. Are we really that desperatly short of central defenders????

Let the young ones play.....I am sure that the youth program is strong.....

Rumours that AVB will take the job, others say Martinez.....I hope for Josep "Pep" Guardiola. However I know that Guardiola would not have the same sucess in LFC as he did in Barcalenoa due to the issue of $$$$$...well....its all a dream.....now is just to see who takes the LFC hot seat and what he does........
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Doesn't matter buy which players or which manager in charge, the end result seems to be the same. Or should I say this year worse. Always very promising at the start and ended with disappointment for the fans.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:13 pm

they shd make a move for Capello.......
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Im studying in liverpool now and it seems even the kop fans are happy he's gone. This season simply has been a joke for you guys and whenever Liverpool plays, you generally feel they will lose. They have become a team who only plays well in big games , their players are just not motivated anymore and a clear out is needed if you want to join utd back at the top
Back to top Go down
jasGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasGolf

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Khorkar wrote:

ANGRY BIRD LAI LIAO

HELP HELP
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I have been a Liverpool fan since young... almost died of heart attack with some of the results. Just take the last 2 matches... They can defeat Chelsea and yet lose to Swansea. Heart pain! Anyway, i also believe that we need someone really special with charisma to lead Liverpool back to the top. The team has enough talent, if Newcastle(after losing a few players) can play so well... you decide...
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:47 am

KD was having the same problems delivering as he did the last time he managed us. He's blown more than $100 million on quite pathetic signings, Suarez being the exception. So I felt that he had no position (pardon the pun) to argue his case. But, Robert Martinez?? That's a shocker!
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:25 am

Wigan’s Roberto Martinez, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew and former Chelsea chief Andre Villas-Boas are also in the frame. There was even a betting stampede last night for ex-Kop boss Rafa Benitez... Question
Back to top Go down
Tiger Wu
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Tiger Wu

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:12 am

Just heard that Roberto Martinez is in talk with Liverpool. After Roberto Mancini delivered the goods at Man City, maybe they thought another RM will deliver! Haha...

Joke aside, the current owner believes that you do not need to spend much for success (watch Money Ball by Brad Pitt). The worst scenario happen when you spent big and can't deliver. KD sure will gonna the boot!

I'm sad to see him go. But it's for the better of the club. Nobody is bigger than the club, not even KD. I was in JB Citysquare, factory outlet. There were a lot of 2011 Malaysia Liverpool merchandise for sales. Nobody want to buy them anymore. We had fallen so much behind after winning the European Cup. It's so heartbreaking!

Whatever happen... Being a Liverpool fan and as usual, I will still be a Liverpool fan. YWNA...

Henry, please appoint a manager soon so that he's given ample time to plan for the next season.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:30 am

AVB? better not... look what he did to Chelsea... I rather take Roberto DiMatteo if Chelsea wanna dump him after Champs League Finals. I really like what DiMatteo did at Chelsea now.

Rafa won Champs League using Houllier's team. after he rebuilt it, LFC went downhill...

Pardew... maybe he can get the best outta Carroll, maybe... but I fear he'll end up another Roy Hodgson

Other names mentioned are Swansea's Brendan Rodgers (who is he??), Mourihno (dun think he fancies LFC), Frank Rikaard (well, he's not exactly Pep Guardiola)
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Dream come true would be Pep for the Kop. In 2001 Pool wanted to sign him as a midfielder, think he went to Parma instead, not sure though, memory a bit fuzzy nowadays.
Back to top Go down
maryet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

In the history of the Barclays Premier League, only 2 British managers have won it: Kenny Dalglish (Blackburn Rovers) and Sir Alex Fergusion of course. The rest of the league winners were managed by foreigners, Roberto Mancini, being the most recent one. Although I'm not a Liverpool fan, I agree that KD is past his prime and its very difficult to come back into management after so long. The Suarez racial thing and the apologies that came afterwards were signs that he was rather out of his depth. I'm not sure if Martinez is the man but I'm an admirer of Swansea's manager Brendan Rodgers. The way the Swansea team is set up, possession football from the back to the front, is very refreshing. He should be the man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Departure of king kenny   Departure of king kenny I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Departure of king kenny
Page 1 of 1