Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool

Go down 
+44
blee67
katherinechiok
sunny
handiman
beehome
fata
kissthegreen
ChrisD
s-killer
ParTee
golfool2009
ahhhling
enwee
zhenxua
loserjo
ken23
TourSwing
Happy Feet
botak
Master
iuh
chien
asahi
Joshua
eiji
Tiger Wu
JonDoe
lennylim
slinger
wei1974
Nudge12
ralphlim
mayalab
Stardust
falconlgh
Khorkar
Golfer Guy
pocketace
schnell
nientsu
audi
Duval_S
den
Streamer
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:50 am

I agree with Sunny

Hope they reinforce the team and invest properly

For starters, DON'T buy Victor Moses from Chelsea, return him to Jose
Return Cissokho to Valencia

Borini - can try to offload to Sunderland since he is enjoying his stint
Aspas, Alberto, I'm sorry they are not suited for BPL, may need to loaned out or sold

Need experienced center back. I think out wing-back is ok when Enrique is back from injury next season

Need 1 more striker to compliment SAS or as cover in case got injury

I'm hoping we get 1 proper holding midfielder that can win balls and keep possession, eg slow the game down when we are 3-0 up so we won't let opposition come back and bite us (happened too many times)
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:55 am

Yeah..pool performed beyond expectations. Really love the way they attacked with confidence and belief. Not winning the title is fine, our defence is really not up the mark. But hey, there is still west ham for man city! Can never forget what they did to man u to help blackburn win the title Smile

Hate to say this but, I miss henderson so much..aaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:53 am

I am honestly very happy with Liverpool this season. Yes, many people said that we could have won the championship and honestly its hurts being so close (yet so far). But if you look at the season in totality, Liverpool has done well.

We lost steam at the end of the season, probably due to lack of depth and a few quality players. but then again, i am happy that we are on the right track. I may not be sure that we will be champions next season, but I am pretty sure we have what it takes to be contenders if we progress the way we do.

This season was a testing time to many soccer fans, especially Manu fans. I hear many Manu fans wanting to change allegiance because the team is not doing well. Got a few young Manu fans that I know even wanted to be ManC fans this season!!!! Well to us, being fans of a football club means sticking with your club through the good and bad times, supporting them all the way eventhough the results hurt. To those Manu fans who stick with their club thru tis testing season, I salute you, and see you guys next season.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm with you Malcolm
I stuck with LFC almost 30 years

I admit, there are frustrating periods

Like when Souness and Evans were at the helm
Then Houlier gone all French (ok he got us those cups)
Then Rafa gone all Spanish (ok he got us champs league)
Then Roy Hodgson the clueless bugger (good luck to England fans for World Cup)

I see BR as the modern manager. Maybe he can work on our defensive play ...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Errrr guys, it is not over yet.

If there is smtg about the EPL, it is that surprise abound even on last day.

But kudos to the Reds all the same.
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:41 pm

All the games will commence at 2200 hrs on Sunday, 11 May 2014.
The match to look out for will be  Liverpool vs Newcastle Utd and Manchester City vs West Ham Utd.

Agree with you guys on the performances of the Reds.....they certainly did very well insofar.
Hope Brendan Rodgers will bring in quality players to beef up leaky defence and add to the squad for next season.

YNWA... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:17 pm

C'mon you Reds!

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Its over

But keep the dream alive !
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:15 am

There's always another season.Pool did above expectation this season. CL was the ultimate goal and to challenge for the title is a great achievement. While pool will have more games to play next season,hopefully MU can rebuild with less game to play. Congrats to Man City from your good neighbor.That's what neighbors are for...GGMU  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:35 am

fata wrote:
There's always another season.Pool did above expectation this season. CL was the ultimate goal and to challenge for the title is a great achievement. While pool will have more games to play next season,hopefully MU can rebuild with less game to play. Congrats to Man City from your good neighbor.That's what neighbors are for...GGMU  Very Happy
 Beer 
Now this is what I call a classy post from a Man U fan!

Unlike those jokers who got a plane to fly past Anfield yesterday with the banner that says 'Man u 20 - Gerrard 0'
I thought that was of poor taste.

Now everyone will reset from zero and work on next season!
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 12:53 am

Hi guys, I have a sticker of shankly gate for your car. Got a few 7" width without the white border. Interested can get from me. Am going to the range next Tuesday or Wednesday night. Can catch up and get from meBrendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 Liverpool-shanklygates1
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:01 am

Sunny!

Can I have one!?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:04 am

Let's fix it wed 7-930 at MBGC?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:38 am

okie! Smile
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:01 pm

So is it wed 14 May or wed 21 May?
Just wanna get the date right

And just to say a big THANK YOU to Sunny for your kind gesture
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:50 pm

21 May
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I been a kop fan since Graeme souness days.....I used to mirror my days of soccer to be like Terry McDermott.

Personally, I am very disappointed with this batch. True...its way better than past years. BUT, they crumble or lose focus..or whatever one call it.....they lost it !!!! WTH.....3 goals to whatever that team is.

Next season is not going to be easy...they definitely need to get a solid sweeper..someone like Mark Lawrenson....let me see if I can text Brendan and get him to get Stevie to take the role of sweeper...
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Next season, everything boils down to whether Liverpool can keep hold of Luis Suarez. My personal opinion - I don't think he will stay if Real Madrid come a calling.
Liverpool without Suarez will be a very different team.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:04 pm

I have faith in Brendan. Even is Suarez leaves, am sure he can find a good replacement.

Key thing is to shore up the defence.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:59 pm

On my car Smile

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 Image
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:58 pm

sunny wrote:
On my car Smile

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 Image

what kar....?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:41 pm

Small white
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:00 am

sunny wrote:
Small white

Please define small...  tongue 

28th May for lunch and Kopi?
Back to top Go down
handiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:10 am

Keep the faith guys! We need more depth but I think this squad has youth and passion. With some intelligent spending we should still be in contention with or without Suarez next season.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Blee 28th ok! Just give me a buzz... Small... You see you know. Can't put too many golf bags Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next