Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips

Go down 
+31
veronljf
gino
s-killer
blee67
jason.koh.54966
haragolfer
willie24
timang84
burnergolfer
robert33
diveheck
kamen
Flash
imrog
bryanachong
enwee
Neverendless
DGman
schnell
garylin
Virtualsaturn
Gofnut
slinger
mengteck71
4dtoto
hkhamateur
bogeyman72
weaponx
Turbo
pocketace
Technospaz
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Bro TS,

which shafts are you fiddling with at the moment?

I am curious.... Cheers

Very Happy

Technospaz wrote:
haragolfer wrote:
is there a pure grip that can fit miyazaki 43 big butt shaft?

Had that problem. Changed shaft. No other way. That said, I'm happier with the new shaft... and I've been poisoned by BabyCroc. The world of shafts is an interesting and tempting one Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Bro TS,

which shafts are you fiddling with at the moment?

I am curious.... Cheers

Very Happy

Tried the PX shaft for my driver. But I'm waiting for a Kai'li and a B.Asha to play around with as well Smile
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Cool man..... wished I had more time to fiddle with shaft options as well..... have a great weekend!

Cool

Technospaz wrote:
Tried the PX shaft for my driver. But I'm waiting for a Kai'li and a B.Asha to play around with as well Smile
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Just changed all my irons plus driver today to Pure grips, shiok ah!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:20 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
Cool man..... wished I had more time to fiddle with shaft options as well..... have a great weekend!

Cool

Haha... believe me, it's not something I'm proud of Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:28 pm

it's been close one one month since Eugene fitted the grips on my 7 and 5 woods. Agreed with what techno has said. Took the clubs out on both sunny and rainy days.

Sunny days - was afraid that the groove would cause some abrasion but it did not happen. Fit nicely into my hands.

Wet days - just took a dry cloth to wipe and then the tackiness return. Doesn't slip from my hand, even when wearing glove. After the game, another wipe down with a dry cloth and that's it.

Now waiting to see whether over the next month the grooves will harden.

Thanks Eric and Eugene for the fitting.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Tried out the new grips on the range this morning, tempted to play without golf on. I kind of like it.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Tried it out on my 5 fw and hybrid after 2 games, the grip felt more like a multi compound but a softer feel except it's more tacky. You'll be spoilt by the many choice of colors. Like bro blee had mentioned earlier, the rough surface look like it'll give you abrasion but I guess it's good in a sense you'll not squeeze the clubs too hard. Even for the mid size, it does not felt too big as well.

Maintainence is better because you can wash it and the grip become more tacky.

The only problem with this grip, is different color there maybe a different weight to it.
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Regripped all my irons with it..first thoughts when I gamed it on sunday was that it is tacky. Seem to have a feeling like the grips were alive in my hands somewhat.. Overall..good traction and cool colours.
The normal pride grips are good also..good product in summary
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 pm

schnell wrote:
The normal pride grips are good also..good product in summary

u mean Pure Grips....is the haze affecting you? i am tearing when i read this cos i am sitting very near the balcony......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 am

Alamak..I was feeling the pride in owning pure so got mixed up haha..my bad ;P today haze was so bad..really go balcony check psi lol
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 am

Jon...i have something to cheer you up...check your FB.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 am

I saw and I've responded. Haha..
+10 and pls put me on preorder list now..555!
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 am

Jon, dun check your FB.... check already sekali cannot sleep.....

DGman wrote:
Jon...i have something to cheer you up...check your FB.......
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 am

Too late bgm..too late...
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am

Was at the range yesterday evening, pretty humid night plus I have sweaty palm, over swung, 7i nearly flew out of my hand:shock:....tried wiping the grip but not much help as my towel was also soaking wet as I was using the same towel...should carry another towel, didn't expect to be so wet yesterday night....hahaha
somehow yesterday everything wasn't going right, losing my grips so tend to grip harder, slicing my balls,etc.....Sad
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:35 am

jason.koh.54966 wrote:
Was at the range yesterday evening, pretty humid night plus I have sweaty palm, over swung, 7i nearly flew out of my hand:shock:....tried wiping the grip but not much help as my towel was also soaking wet as I was using the same towel...should carry another towel, didn't expect to be so wet yesterday night....hahaha
somehow yesterday everything wasn't going right, losing my grips so tend to grip harder, slicing my balls,etc.....Sad

i had the same experience last night as well. Although i don't have sweaty palm, but for some reason, i sweat quite a bit last night.

and i have this feeling that the grip is slipping from my right palm, so i subconsciously grip tighter with my left and resulted in very irregular ball flight.
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:40 am

I had a Pure DTX installed on my reshafted driver last week and went out for a game subsequently. I must say that when I held my driver in my right hand just as I step up to the tee, the feel and confidence I have as a result of the grip level I experienced in my ungloved hand, made me feel more confident about my swing. As a result of that, I'm now considering to have all the grips on the rest of my clubs changed out now! Poison!

I have a white grip on and I will be very pleasantly surprised if it remained white for most of its life and I have been assured so. I was initially concerned about the firmness and the texture but I now know that it's a no-issue after that first round. Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
veronljf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 pm

s-killer wrote:
jason.koh.54966 wrote:

i had the same experience last night as well. Although i don't have sweaty palm, but for some reason, i sweat quite a bit last night.

and i have this feeling that the grip is slipping from my right palm, so i subconsciously grip tighter with my left and resulted in very irregular ball flight.

I second to what was written above and I am currently facing issues with my sweaty palms. Had my 7-iron re-gripped with the Pure DTX and did not have a good experience with it.
Most shots taken felt as if the club was slipping away from the right hand and when i tried to gripped harder on the right , the roughness of the grip tends to take bites and cause blisters...
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm

gino wrote:
I had a Pure DTX installed on my reshafted driver last week and went out for a game subsequently. I must say that when I held my driver in my right hand just as I step up to the tee, the feel and confidence I have as a result of the grip level I experienced in my ungloved hand, made me feel more confident about my swing. As a result of that, I'm now considering to have all the grips on the rest of my clubs changed out now! Poison!

I have a white grip on and I will be very pleasantly surprised if it remained white for most of its life and I have been assured so. I was initially concerned about the firmness and the texture but I now know that it's a no-issue after that first round. Highly recommended!

i had the grip installed on my driver too. Yes the feeling of confidence is there and i feel more of the club as well. I tried both with gloves on and off, with both I can feel the grip/traction between them and the club. However I have not tried them on wet conditions as yet.
Back to top Go down
jamesc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jamesc

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 pm

i had the dtx on my 3wood for 2+months now.. really great feel and feedback. the softness and texture of it reminds u not to grip too hard, makes it a little easier to release the club... but once hands start to get grimey from playing, the grip seems like its slipping away. i guess same as other grians who have mentioned above...
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I've had the grips on my Driver/5W/Hybrid for a good month or 2 now and I have only good things to say about them. With glove on, the grips just stick to the glove like nobody's business and as a result I dont have to grip as hard with my left hand to ensure stability. I have no problems with slipping at all even though I have sweaty palms cos the glove takes most of that anyway. Only issue is that the traction is so abrasive that it's ripping thru the lower palm area of my Mizuno glove that is made of synthetic material although my cabretta gloves show no sign of such wear... weird.
Back to top Go down
jamesc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jamesc

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:01 pm

zhikang wrote:
I've had the grips on my Driver/5W/Hybrid for a good month or 2 now and I have only good things to say about them. With glove on, the grips just stick to the glove like nobody's business and as a result I dont have to grip as hard with my left hand to ensure stability. I have no problems with slipping at all even though I have sweaty palms cos the glove takes most of that anyway. Only issue is that the traction is so abrasive that it's ripping thru the lower palm area of my Mizuno glove that is made of synthetic material although my cabretta gloves show no sign of such wear... weird.

synthetic material VS. cabretta leather. u think?What a Face
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 pm

jamesc wrote:
synthetic material VS. cabretta leather. u think?What a Face

best thing is the cabretta glove cheaper.
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 am

Perhaps you are still gripping the club too hard? It shouldn't be any significant increase in wear and tear. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next