Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips

Go down 
+31
veronljf
gino
s-killer
blee67
jason.koh.54966
haragolfer
willie24
timang84
burnergolfer
robert33
diveheck
kamen
Flash
imrog
bryanachong
enwee
Neverendless
DGman
schnell
garylin
Virtualsaturn
Gofnut
slinger
mengteck71
4dtoto
hkhamateur
bogeyman72
weaponx
Turbo
pocketace
Technospaz
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Review by BGM72   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 942157_10200286357614045_158146084_nReview of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 260288_10200286358094057_776061271_nA very amatuerish review from a SUPER High Handicapper (PURE DTX fitted on driver plus 7i):

IOMIC has a prickly feel while GOLF PRIDE feels smooth. PURE DTX, however, a soft hold on the grip can already feel the ribs which allows me to only hold the grip firmly without trying to strangle the club.� The IOMIC with it's prickly feel tends to make me wanna hold the club tighter thus develop "corn?" on my fingers while the Golf Pride is way too smooth to instill any confidence when holding my clubs.

In terms of tackiness, PURE DTX wins hands down. Although I tend to agree with TS that moisture do "condense" in the middle of the round, I like to think that it could be because of the humidity in our environment and having the club in the club bag, the material used in PURE DTX develop "dew". Even so, there's no slippage in grip performance, I reckon that in wet weather the PURE DTX should perform as well (in my 3 rounds with the PURE DTX, NO RAIN... PRAYING it stays this way... hehehe)

Now in terms of looks.... Personally, I prefer the look of the IOMIC best, then comes PURE DTX while the GOLF PRIDE ends up last. Still, if I want performance over looks, I will go with PURE DTX anytime.

DGMan, please give me heads up when the stocks are in! White ones please!!

Cheers all & have a bogeyfree week ahead.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:05 am

Hi bogeyman72, it's interesting you mentioned IOMIC has a prickly feel. Mind sharing which model are you using?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Iomic X-Grip

May not be the grip, could be my hands.

In any case, caveat emptor, it is based on my personal feel. Others may feel different.

Cheers.
kamen wrote:
Hi bogeyman72, it's interesting you mentioned IOMIC has a prickly feel. Mind sharing which model are you using?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:22 pm

To me, the Iomic grip is cool and soft ... I liken that to a hand of a young woman ... Razz
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Really need them ASAP.. Haha love it!
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:47 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Iomic X-Grip

May not be the grip, could be my hands.

In any case, caveat emptor, it is based on my personal feel. Others may feel different.

Cheers.
kamen wrote:

On mobile earlier so was unable to view your posted pics.
I'm currently on IOMIC Black ARMOR Sticky Evolution.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Turbo wrote:
To me, the Iomic grip is cool and soft ... I liken that to a hand of a young woman ... Razz

True... Very dry, damn tacky, firm and soft in all the right places too. All in 1 grip! Smile
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Think DGman in Thailand now.... dunno when will the stocks be in... Not enough time to re-grip mine before I leave for China this weekend for some awesome golf! Razz

Too bad..... Embarassed
bryanachong wrote:
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:20 am

Tried the PURE grip ytd.. Didn't really like it.. Tends to get slippery when the atmosphere turns humid..
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:15 am

diveheck wrote:
Tried the PURE grip ytd.. Didn't really like it.. Tends to get slippery when the atmosphere turns humid..

It sounds like a case of rubber 'sweat'
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:31 am

diveheck wrote:

Hi bro diveheck..

Not sure u referring to the Pure DTX grip or the normal Pure grips without the thread design on the DTX....

Anyway... For the DTX I am using on my wedges and the threaded design prevents the club from slipping from my hands... And if there is any water moisture... A quick drying from a cloth will do the trick... Cool

As for the normal Pure grips... Initially when I had it on my driver, it gotten slippery after a few holes... I went home and used a little light detergent and a toothbrush... Gave it a good scrubbing... And man the Pure grip came to life immediately... Sticky sticky stick... Played several rds with it liao and it still feels sticky till date... Shocked

If u are having the normal Pure grips... Do try giving it a good scrubbing...

Hope the info helps... Wink
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:39 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
Think DGman in Thailand now.... dunno when will the stocks be in... Not enough time to re-grip mine before I leave for China this weekend for some awesome golf! Razz

Too bad..... Embarassed
bryanachong wrote:

Bro Bogeyman72, is that tall guy in pink/white attire in your avatar you? Very scenic course you were playing ... Where was it? Must be in China, Chu Hai, huh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:28 am

Yes, the awkward positioned guy is yours truly me. Embarassed

Location at Ria Bintan.

Cheers.

Turbo wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Too bad..... Embarassed
bryanachong wrote:

Bro Bogeyman72, is that tall guy in pink/white attire in your avatar you? Very scenic course you were playing ... Where was it? Must be in China, Chu Hai, huh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
burnergolfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
burnergolfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:00 am

Just a simple review for my Pure Grip DTX installed on Titleist SM2 56Deg wedge.

The PURE DTX grip when hold firm, I can already feel the texture biting on my last 3 fingers of my left hand even with gloves on. No slippage occurs even though there is a slight moisture as mentioned by some bros here.

As for tackiness , I give PURE DTX 9/10. Not excessively tacky, better tackiness as compared to the Golf Pride MC I'm currently using.

Overall performance of the PURE DTX rating I give is 8/10 as it does instill confidence due to the texture & tackiness. I will consider to regrip it on my wedges but will retain the Golf Pride MCs on my Woods & irons which I've accustomed to. Thank you BFG & DGman for this free demo. Cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:02 am

as with all grips, its very personal. the Pure Grips has its pros and cons like any other brands. the purpose is not to change every club to the same grip but to provide a choice so that golfers who prefers something to suit them can have the choice in both performance and price.

The Pure Grip Pro is like a tour velvet with an iomic tackiness.

The DTX touted as a MC alternative provides the traction and offers maximum response.

i am sure we will hear more of Pure Grips in coming months as they continue to take in our feedback and make it better. its also a modern way of making grips via injection which means there are no seam. done much the same way as an Iomic.

Thank you for your feedback and review and we will keep you updated on the stocks.

Cheers...DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:12 am

bogeyman72 wrote:

Location at Ria Bintan.

Cheers.

Turbo wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Too bad..... Embarassed
bryanachong wrote:

Not to worry about that, bro ... U will get there soon re your awkward swing ...

Just wanna point it up, I can tell your weight shift to the front foot was missing in the pic ... This would rob off tremendous amount of your power ... At impact position, 90% or more of your weight should be on the front foot ... From the pic in your avatar, looks like 50% of your weight was still on your rear foot even after the end of your swing and also there was no follow thru. This is no good, bro ... Try to swing freely and relaz ... U should be alright ... Cool
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

I din know you have changed your profession to be a teaching pro.

Check out the lie, it was a 60m approach shot on a small green.

My 52 wedge with half swing did the trick, it was on for a one putt & i sank the putt.

Cheers.

Turbo wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Location at Ria Bintan.

Cheers.

Turbo wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Too bad..... Embarassed
bryanachong wrote:

Not to worry about that, bro ... U will get there soon re your awkward swing ...

Just wanna point it up, I can tell your weight shift to the front foot was missing in the pic ... This would rob off tremendous amount of your power ... At impact position, 90% or more of your weight should be on the front foot ... From the pic in your avatar, looks like 50% of your weight was still on your rear foot even after the end of your swing and also there was no follow thru. This is no good, bro ... Try to swing freely and relaz ... U should be alright ... Cool
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:27 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
I din know you have changed your profession to be a teaching pro.

Check out the lie, it was a 60m approach shot on a small green.

My 52 wedge with half swing did the trick, it was on for a one putt & i sank the putt.

Cheers.

OIC, good for you then ... Apology for my redundant advice ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:20 pm

fitted a mid size grip for my 52 wedge yesterday. had a range session and enjoyed the texture in the beginning. The grip's groove pattern added to the non slip properties. Will give another review when I try it on course and after I give it a wash.

thanks Eric and Eugene from BFG.

Last edited by timang84 on Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:52 pm

robert33 wrote:
diveheck wrote:

As for the normal Pure grips... Initially when I had it on my driver, it gotten slippery after a few holes... I went home and used a little light detergent and a toothbrush... Gave it a good scrubbing... And man the Pure grip came to life immediately... Sticky sticky stick... Played several rds with it liao and it still feels sticky till date... Shocked

Shit... Too late.. changed it... Didn't knew can use this stunt!!

But on the other hand, the DTX indeed is much better then the normal one..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:00 pm

robert33 wrote:
diveheck wrote:

Hi bro diveheck..

Not sure u referring to the Pure DTX grip or the normal Pure grips without the thread design on the DTX....

Anyway... For the DTX I am using on my wedges and the threaded design prevents the club from slipping from my hands... And if there is any water moisture... A quick drying from a cloth will do the trick... Cool

Hmmmm..interesting, will try it tmr.
Back to top Go down
willie24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
willie24

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 am

So stock came in already? I want to change for my driver. Thanks to DGman I just realized I have been using the wrong size grip all along.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:55 am

is there a pure grip that can fit miyazaki 43 big butt shaft?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 6:04 pm

haragolfer wrote:

the only one that can fit is the miyazaki big butt. we have those in stock....you cannot fit a 60 on a 62
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:37 pm

haragolfer wrote:

Had that problem. Changed shaft. No other way. That said, I'm happier with the new shaft... and I've been poisoned by BabyCroc. The world of shafts is an interesting and tempting one Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips   Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of the Pure Grip DTX Prototype grips
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next