Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?

Go down 
+24
9points
Turbo
Neverendless
lewisloh
jurongtiger
peter.golfer
garylin
DGman
enwee
robert33
hkhamateur
Yarra
onime
escyb
morganoh
Charlietks
limag
Najibapark
haragolfer
ben tang
skitter
steven_koh
Cyrano
Bear
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:35 pm

I did a quick search here in the forum but no hits on this. Just wondering if anyone has used or even heard of them. Any feedback on them from any users?

They are apparently a buzz thing now for being a tapeless, clean and ready to play type of grip.....apart from being endorsed by haney ....(from their webbie: www.puregrips.com)

Any feedback or 2 cents worth on them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:42 pm

i used to know someone who was using this grip.. he said it's geewwddddddd...
Back to top Go down
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Juz re grip my 7 iron at occ ping By Rick with this pure grip..
Not too bad...
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

hey steven and cyrano...thanks for the feedback. i guess not many users here. I'm thinking of regripping my irons with them grips...

back to the decision matrix.....

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
skitter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
skitter

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:55 pm

I just got one on my driver, so cannot comment on longevity. But seems really nice feel and tacky. Should be a quality product, and if you like tacky, price is better than Iomic.
Back to top Go down
ben tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ben tang

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Installed one recently. Its golf's plug-and-Play! Awesome stuff without the fuss. Grips well even when moist.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:32 pm

I found it by accident ont the net 1 year ago . Have it on all my irons now. But blew up 2 before, too much air from pumpbefore it starts to slide. Used midsize and normal one. Next time wanna try p2 perforated one. I like it alot, sometimes lazy to install myself, bring to shopsto use install like normal grips also. Very long lasting and tacky.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

I think i have 5or 6 lying around if you wanna try it out. Pm me, i can sell you. Or you can buy from ebay or pure site.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Im interested in the grips too. Need it for my irons, @haragolfer how much are you selling them? Where can i get them regripped?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Open to offers, pm la. For 5 grips.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Errrr, to regrip, i tend to diy at golf buggy areas where the air pumps are. But i do get weird stares and i produce really unpleasant weird noises when the grips are going in. Needs some upper body strength though. Would recomend paying someone glue it in.

Unless, some one else on the forum can volunteer help with a vice grip and air compressor pump, i have the air pump adapter from pure. Or point me to the clubfitter who has air pumps?
Back to top Go down
limag
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi guys,

Yes did my wedges with these grips! did one then another now considering on all my irons!

Happy with them! much better in wet weather.

I did mine at Orchid Country club... speak to Rodrick, extremely nice fella, even helped me with regrinding my wedges!

enough said!... yes he has a compressor and clamp at the shop.

Last edited by limag on Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
limag
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh.. sorry I forgot!

The most impt thing... you can use it straight away!

i.e like me, a little fussy... you can have this adjusted if you don't like the position .... Or colour!

Sorry , .. I'm blabbing too much!... but just sharing my experience!

ta!
Back to top Go down
Charlietks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:47 pm

can ask how much are the pure grips selling? with install?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:31 pm

no one selling it in sg. Own install.
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:16 am

steven_koh wrote:
Juz re grip my 7 iron at occ ping By Rick with this pure grip..
Not too bad...

may I know how much are he grip?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Charlietks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:45 am

i went OCC yesterday to check on the pure grips... closed on Mondays.. lol.

Its the pro shop on the right side. when u go down the stairs.

If anyone have the pricing, let me know please.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:03 pm

OCC, you mean some one did bring it in. Wow. i must go see Rodrick
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

I went to BFG for some steelfiber shafts for irons...decided to go for Pure Grips at the same time...it's a rainbow now!!

BFG is bringing in Pure Grips...available in heaps of colors and these r wif the 2nd gen compound...much tackier. Need to try on the green to see how tacky it actually is.

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? 98D8AE79-3CA7-4D31-A578-419A19A5865F-3852-000004945DC92193_zps4bac89b3

Workmanship is excellence! Thanks for every1 at BFG for all yr help, time and patience, especially Eugene.
Edwin
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 pm

$15/pc at OCC
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:37 pm

haragolfer wrote:
no one selling it in sg. Own install.

Big Fish Golf is the exclusive authorize distributor for these grips in Singapore as well as Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea and Taiwan.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:34 am

escyb wrote:
I went to BFG for some steelfiber shafts for irons...decided to go for Pure Grips at the same time...it's a rainbow now!!

BFG is bringing in Pure Grips...available in heaps of colors and these r wif the 2nd gen compound...much tackier. Need to try on the green to see how tacky it actually is.

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? 98D8AE79-3CA7-4D31-A578-419A19A5865F-3852-000004945DC92193_zps4bac89b3

Workmanship is excellence! Thanks for every1 at BFG for all yr help, time and patience, especially Eugene.
Edwin

Finally, u re poisoned! Laughing
Good shaft no doubt! Wink
Now u & Robert has it on pure grip, it s firm feel n u guys gotta give strokes liao.
I ll ask fr it dun worry.. Laughing
Yeap, BFG re the authorized distributor fr PURE GRIP. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:48 am

escyb wrote:

Edwin

Bro escyb, me kai siow li the pure grips and u neber chio me go bfg to change grips hor..

Now your irons so swee with the rainbow theme... Gotta gimme strokes liao..

@Bfg: i will be coming for the green grips soon.. Dun no stocks hor!!!

@ hkhamateur: .l.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:16 am

Fyi, on pure grip, the white one is heavier around 50g and the color around 45g is you are very specific on swing wt...better watch what your do to your club hor.

I got a blue on driver and red on wedges. Somehow the 2nd batch seem more tacky.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 am

enwee wrote:
Fyi, on pure grip, the white one is heavier around 50g and the color around 45g is you are very specific on swing wt...better watch what your do to your club hor.

I got a blue on driver and red on wedges. Somehow the 2nd batch seem more tacky.

Great info bro enwee!!!

And i am enjoying the tackiness on my driver now.. Seems like more tackiness is coming my way...!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next