Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?

Go down 
+24
9points
Turbo
Neverendless
lewisloh
jurongtiger
peter.golfer
garylin
DGman
enwee
robert33
hkhamateur
Yarra
onime
escyb
morganoh
Charlietks
limag
Najibapark
haragolfer
ben tang
skitter
steven_koh
Cyrano
Bear
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:29 pm

From April 2013, Pure Grips have finally introduced the new compound in the Pure Grips. Any Grips delivered before that was on the old compound. The new compound is tackier, softer and less waxy.

Before we made the consideration to sign up as the exclusive distributor for 5 countries - Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and South Korea, we have several testing in the countries that we operated in. Everyone involved in the project saw the potential but there were several considerations. We have since found our way around them and we are now set to promote and distribute PG in the region. We also hope to get Pure Grips to approve club fitters in Singapore and in the respective countries. so just bear with us a little longer before we present all the club makers who are authorised resellers.

here's what we have prepare ourselves with.....

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 8646539711_1768864668_z

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 8647636388_6c61ccf873_z

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 8646539731_15742ab859_z

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 8647636118_d05049bbf3_z

in my opinion, its rare to get a grip that's Made in the USA. good quality and a 3 year history where they have done their due diligence to produce a product that will compete with the very best in the business. The people at Pure Grips are like Aerotech...see the whole picture and emphasize on sustainable growth and not just immediate volume. they also understand the importance of installation and the quality presentation of the product. Just imagine the price of Golf Pride with the quality of Iomic. That's what PG represents.

A new range will be available soon and we look forward to presenting them in May. It will have more traction than the pro series and will offer the same function as the Multi-compound. Needless to say, they will come in the same multi-colours.

Looking forward to more golfers trying out Pure Grips.

Clubmakers and pro shops are welcomed to sell them.

Thank you for your updates and comments.

DGman

PS - yes i forgot to inform GRians that my new colleague is Eugene. He is pretty good all-round, less attractive than FrostEE who have left us to manage her dad's factory. now i wonder how Eugene will look in a short skirt?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:46 pm

DGman wrote:

PS - yes i forgot to inform GRians that my new colleague is Eugene. He is pretty good all-round, less attractive than FrostEE who have left us to manage her dad's factory. now i wonder how Eugene will look in a short skirt?

Gotta a new driver shaft just and will b gunning fr my 4i in hope to replace my hybrid 21 loft. Very Happy
So...BFG, I ll b there soon fr SF shaft & Pure Grip. Wink

Yeap.....Eug is a very nice guy n knwg his work well. Despite he s tall w slim fair legs, I dun think I wld wanna see him in short skirt n bentg over to grap me a pure grip lor! Razz Razz

@Robert33, how can u b scare to give strokes.... Rolling Eyes
Remb yr 4i teeg off testimonial? Laughing
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Just regripped with the white one on my driver. Anyone noticed some form of yellow residue which appears only when it's used? Very faint but noticed that my white gloves turned abit yellowish too. Not sure whether I am getting it from bag or the grip.
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 pm

What is the main difference between normal grip vs Pure grip? besides the fact that it can be removed and put back again.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Frostee is gone? Sad
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Wha liao...didn't see the yellow ones when I was there!

Yup...Eugene will look good in a skirt!! But mush shave legs first!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 1:44 am

Couldnt resist the lure of steelfiber n Pure grips any longer...went to BFG today to install on the rest of my irons...

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 DSC_0031_zps646934c7

Rainbow all the way!
Back to top Go down
lewisloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:09 am

I regrip to PURE Grips recently and couldn't be more happier. It is tacky and firm feel, and I am confident to swing it even without wearing gloves. It is about 48gram for the color I choose, thus the swingweight might increase 1/2 as can felt the Head more then previously.

Plus the light blue color look stunning in my club with light blue ferrule, thus if your club look good, you tend to play real good.
Back to top Go down
Neverendless
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:24 am

Hi.. How much it cost for the grips?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:09 am

escyb wrote:
Couldnt resist the lure of steelfiber n Pure grips any longer...went to BFG today to install on the rest of my irons...

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 DSC_0031_zps646934c7

Rainbow all the way!
Candy crush?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:33 am

onime wrote:
$15/pc at OCC

I assume it includes installation, huh?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:36 am

escyb wrote:

All I could say, you are Mr Colourful Man!
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 Pure1s

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 Pure3a

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 Pure2q

I switched to these after years of being used to Tour Velvet. No problems encountered in getting used to the quality and PURE-ity of these grips Smile

I've also tested these in rains. Well, just like any other grips I suppose when it is wet, it is wet and there's nothing much you can do about it. All I have to do is just a quick wipe with towel and grip on it just like usual and hit the shot. No issues.

I use rain glove in the rain and it worked well with PURE grips when I quick wipe the grip before taking the shot. On normal days, I wear FJ Sci-Flex and it is really a great combo with the tackiness of the PURE grips.

On a side note, I guess PURE grips sort of filling in the gap of Golf Pride and Iomic, whereby creating grips that's as good quality as Golf Pride, plus a little bit of excitement with the choice of colours.

It really allows golfers the opportunity to express themselves, whether you are ones who like it loud or ones who just like to bring along your favourite colour(s) along to the course or even ones who just like the standard black Smile

I suppose also that when it comes to Grips, it is more of a personal thing and after having the opportunity to try them, as long as you are comfortable with it and you like it, then you better own it soon before sleepless nights starting to haunt you.

P.S Sorry the photos were not off very good quality as they were taken with simple phone camera.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Holy! I love the set!! Gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:29 pm

The rest of the clubs.........before assembly..

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 8743431407_327caa2be5_z

we had a lot of fun putting the set together....and thank you everyone for your feedback. like i have said before, the new compound PURE Grips made after March 2012 is only available at BFG at this point.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:02 pm

would be good to see if the colour can stay this way after use
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm

http://www.threeguysgolfblog.com/pure-grips/

Installed 2 white pure pro grips on my new driver & 3W today at BGF... got undersize ones cos of my size 21 small cadet hands.... felt good at the range today when I started hitting these new clubs... many thanks DGman!

Cool
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:49 am

Neverendless wrote:
Hi.. How much it cost for the grips?

The latest price I found out was $15 at BFG too. I came across some fitters who has some pure grips as well but none has the color range like BFG... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:51 am

Point9 bro...u have very nice looking clubs...very American! Red, White & Blue!!
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:54 am

enwee wrote:
Candy crush?

Haha yeah looks like it, doesn't it...the loudmouth putter is the choc candy ball! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:54 am

escyb wrote:
enwee wrote:
Candy crush?

Haha yeah looks like it, doesn't it...the loudmouth putter is the choc candy ball! Very Happy

Very nice color mixed! And daring too! cyclops
Think if any of his kakis incl me took a club to swing swing feel feel, edw will knw which number hor! Laughing
ie: er...bay 3 hvg my 7i n bay 5 has my 9i etc... cyclops
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:05 am

stocks in BFG already meh? what are the colours available?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?   Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used or even heard of PURE Grips before?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2