Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing with long hitters

Go down 
+16
shamusan
zhenxua
PinkPanther
ghoonk
asahi
pushslice
eiji
TLHENG
alvin7379
Slicer51
jasontohsy
fredc
wilkang
4dtoto
blee67
Duval_S
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Playing with long hitters Empty
PostSubject: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 am

Well, first of all, I am pretty much a short hitter...literally

Used to suffer fm intense nervousness especially after witnessing the long 'unbelievable inhumane' drives. This resulted in me totally mis hitting my driver resulting in 'power fade' or 'power draw'

After realizing that all humans are equal except for some, I decided instead to just admire and praise these long hitters.....they are pretty amazing....long long....the ball like go up in the air defying gravity

Many had said, it not how you drive but how you arrive......yes to certain extent, but at the same time, I often get shell shocked with the drives of these long distance drivers.

So in order to not slow the game, I had improved my running so as to ensure I approach to my 2nd shot faster and also ensure that I take at least 2 clubs .....

all in all, I luv playing with long hitters..
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 am

So Duval, you like playing with zhenhua, wilkang, alvin, etc.... Very Happy

i alway watch in wonder wheneven zhenhua tees off... wonder when i can be that... ROFL
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 am

DS, I luv playing with Long hitters.. can search for balls....finding the orignal ball as well as others lost balls...hahaha
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 am

Quote :
blee2007 wrote:
So Duval, you like playing with zhenhua, wilkang, alvin, etc.... Very Happy

i alway watch in wonder wheneven zhenhua tees off... wonder when i can be that... ROFL

I am presently undergoing sprinting training....and hopefully I will be eligible to play with the long distance drivers ..eg the likes of Zhenhua, Wil, alvin...and actually almost everyone else....
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 am

Since when have i become a long hitter???
allo..brudder blee..you are dangling me above shark infested waters Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 am

I try playing with them on courses where buggy is allowed on course.. then can reach the ball faster.. hehe
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 am

wilkang wrote:

3 wood distance further then my driver? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
fredc

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:43 am

I was just playing in MBGC over the weekend and the kaki i was playing with made this comment:

"Drive for show but Putt for dough"

I out drove all of them most times but also had the highest score card. Sooooo...its not the distance but the short game.... short hitters don t despair. Sadly at this point I am all " show"
Back to top Go down
jasontohsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasontohsy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:20 am

there was once i played with a junior national player...

he was like up me 30 m for driver, 3 wood. and 2 clubs up me for irons.

i was so awe by the distance, accuracy and the putting.

he was like play and fooling with me, damn what a player i must say.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:22 am

blee2007 wrote:
wilkang wrote:

3 wood distance further then my driver? Very Happy

Wow, either you driver really bad or WK driver is really good Heeee (just kidding) OR you are trying to get more people to Saddam WK Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Slicer,

My drive is short and his 3 wood drive is long..

the next to be saddam is zhenhua.. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:38 am

Here just my personal though;

What is the distance consider to be a long hitter ? I think it is rather subjective for each and everyone.

I am not ashame to say that I can only hit 170 meter 2 year ago when I started playing and when I see my friend drive over 200 meter, I am so admit for such long drive. Now, after 2 years I drive avg of 210 meter and hope the ball will keep rolling until 230 m. Some friend say it is long drive or was it ??

A member here by the name of water***** , Singaporean in Surabaya ( 20 year old in game since young). He drove a avg 270 - 280 meter and straight. My jaw always dropped on every tee box. So it 280 meter far? Well it very far as far as I am concern. Even 230, 240, 250 meter is already consider far for me (because I cannot do it).

So, what distance would concern to be a long hitter ?

Well, I trully agreed with Dav. Isn't wonderful to play with long hitter. the most important is they willing to play with me heeeee

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 am

the only time I can out 'drive' the long distance golfers will be at putting.(if I do not do lay up)...sigh
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Here just my personal though;

What is the distance consider to be a long hitter ? I think it is rather subjective for each and everyone.

I am not ashame to say that I can only hit 170 meter 2 year ago when I started playing and when I see my friend drive over 200 meter, I am so admit for such long drive. Now, after 2 years I drive avg of 210 meter and hope the ball will keep rolling until 230 m. Some friend say it is long drive or was it ??

A member here by the name of water***** , Singaporean in Surabaya ( 20 year old in game since young). He drove a avg 270 - 280 meter and straight. My jaw always dropped on every tee box. So it 280 meter far? Well it very far as far as I am concern. Even 230, 240, 250 meter is already consider far for me (because I cannot do it).

So, what distance would concern to be a long hitter ?

Well, I trully agreed with Dav. Isn't wonderful to play with long hitter. the most important is they willing to play with me heeeee

Very Happy

IMHO...i think it can be considered long if we can avg about 230M drive.
Anything beyond that is super long Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 am

Well, joke aside, it is pretty subjectivity. What is long for one may not be long for others.

During my early days, I used to be intimidated by long hitters and but now, I just play my own game. TW, in one interview, said that sometimes, he intentionally play short so that he can be the first to hit his 2nd shot into the green so that it would be put pressure on his competitors (that said, when he was playing extremely well then).

With the long hitters (you know who you are), I will trash talk them (like Duval's method) when when playing with them.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 am

blee2007 wrote:
TW, in one interview, said that sometimes, he intentionally play short so that he can be the first to hit his 2nd shot into the green so that it would be put pressure on his competitors (that said, when he was playing extremely well then).

I am the exact opposite... I hit long because I don't want to be the first to hit 2nd shot as I know I sure miss the green (which would give my opponent a big boost!)

White Flag
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:58 am

alvin7379 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
TW, in one interview, said that sometimes, he intentionally play short so that he can be the first to hit his 2nd shot into the green so that it would be put pressure on his competitors (that said, when he was playing extremely well then).

I am the exact opposite... I hit long because I don't want to be the first to hit 2nd shot as I know I sure miss the green (which would give my opponent a big boost!)

White Flag

True true.. but then hor, i heard differently lei.. haha
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:02 am

Here another friend of mine. A Korean single HCP player. He drove avg of 280 meter easily. Looking at his swing does not see much power in it. In fact, there were motion in his lower body in his back swing ( I was told by another friend).

I still remember my last Sunday game with him. I say " I cannot drive far, must be my shaft or driver". He asked to borrow my driver in one of the hole and still drive as far as it can... I was so embarrassing that hoping that is a pin hole big enough for my head to go in.... tongue Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

However, I need to mention this, is that his up and down shot is almost 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWq8QWsPZBI

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:06 am

wilkang wrote:

IMHO...i think it can be considered long if we can avg about 230M drive.
Anything beyond that is super long Laughing Laughing

Consider long ? That what my wife always say .. Heheheheh Very Happy

No WK, it is not 230 meter .. I can do only 210 meter .... roll does not consider Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:44 am

ALVARO QUIROS of spain is the longest hitter on the tour, but how many tournaments did he win?
Golf is about accuracy and not how long you can hit. Social golfers tends to spent big money on the latest driver to try and hit further, but will not pay for a good putter which helps to lower their score.
Strange but it's true
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Here another friend of mine. A Korean single HCP player. He drove avg of 280 meter easily. Looking at his swing does not see much power in it. In fact, there were motion in his lower body in his back swing ( I was told by another friend).

I still remember my last Sunday game with him. I say " I cannot drive far, must be my shaft or driver". He asked to borrow my driver in one of the hole and still drive as far as it can... I was so embarrassing that hoping that is a pin hole big enough for my head to go in.... tongue Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

what ginseng he eat?
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:55 am

But i have more putters than driver, even a lot more wedges, paid for tons of lessons and yet still suck at it

so How leh... What else do i need to buy?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 am

pushslice wrote:
But i have more putters than driver, even a lot more wedges, paid for tons of lessons and yet still suck at it

Buy a pro? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 am

Quote :
Slicer51 wrote:

Luckily I always blame my genes, my talent, my ability, my physique, my occasional brain shrinkage...well, at the end of it..just myself for the inability to drive far....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

pushslice wrote:

A dishonest caddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with long hitters   Playing with long hitters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing with long hitters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next