Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!

Go down 
+23
Begbie
Lisy
simoner
and68low
duffader
entity
tronos
TourSwing
dmateo
LousyGolfer
haragolfer
mUAr_cHEe
DGman
guy013
meia07656
Technospaz
watermyforrest
blee67
TDO
pushslice
shamusan
Duval_S
Derek
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 am

On behalf of Sham, TS, Guy, Chippy and the many others who hit it a seriously long way, I am starting this thread with the name given by DGman ... LANPAR

Long And No Problem ARriving ... (slight edit to sound more catchy)

Please feel free to nominate / vote for your own committee and decide what are your entry requirements, e.g. must hit 9 iron 150m or 1 on Par 4 before ... etc

LANPARs, i.e. members of LANPAR, are kindly requested not to terrorise members of Team SHiT ... opps typo ... I mean Team SHiC whether on the golf course or on the forum.

Have a blast guys!

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am

Duval checking in.... I cross 180m consistently
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 am

ah yes, we have our first member application, the well renowned Duval...

however, please refrain from applying for both clubs as there is a slight prerequisite difference...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 am

shamusan wrote:
ah yes, we have our first member application, the well renowned Duval...

however, please refrain from applying for both clubs as there is a slight prerequisite difference...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

This club is damn prestigious. Maybe 4% of the golfer's population is eligible, right Derek?

Duval, what are you doing here? Razz Lets create our own club. The NELONOS (Neither Long Nor Straight) club or FOBEGOS (Forever Beginner Golfers) Club
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am

Eh, definition of what constitute "Long" to qualify for LANPAR please and with what club? Shocked
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

pushslice wrote:
This club is damn prestigious. Maybe 4% of the golfer's population is eligible, right Derek?

Duval, what are you doing here? Razz Lets create our own club. The NELONOS (Neither Long Nor Straight) club or FOBEGOS (Forever Beginner Golfers) Club

It is call "Not here and Not there" club?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 am

TDO wrote:
Eh, definition of what constitute "Long" to qualify for LANPAR please and with what club? Shocked

If it is based on the LANPAR's chairman Shamusan, "Long" would be like having a go at the flag (blue pin, par 4, 343 m, headwind - oh usually tight fairways along the lake as well!).
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 am

I think that's uber long. I think if you can get the ball to carry 230m, you should be a long hitter.

For me, the only way that's going to happen is if I hit the ball and by some miracle, it gets picked up mid-air by a stork and dropped 230m from the tee box.

Even at the last game with HH. 18th hole, I really just whacked the ball. Seriously, with all my might. Gave it a good thump. The ball went far, but I was still some 50-60m short of ZX. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

Derek wrote:
On behalf of Sham, TS, Guy, Chippy and the many others who hit it a seriously long way, I am starting this thread with the name given by DGman ... LANPAR

Please feel free to nominate / vote for your own committee and decide what are your entry requirements, e.g. must hit 9 iron 150m or 1 on Par 4 before ... etc

LANPARs, i.e. members of LANPAR, are kindly requested not to terrorise members of Team SHiT ... opps typo ... I mean Team SHiC whether on the golf course or on the forum.

Have a blast guys!

The club name doesn't flow naturally.
What all these guys and gals have in common is a Pro-caliber Swing Speed (PiSS)

So the match up should be PiSS Vs SHiT.
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:48 am

I think being able to carry 230 is plenty long for this group. Sham is really special case.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 am

you not local meia07656? is a local slang for a very valuable asset.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:52 am

i think meia eat potato one. he has angmoh accent when we met.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 am

muah hahaha
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Par 4 one on but wrong green can qualify to join or not har?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
TDO wrote:

If it is based on the LANPAR's chairman Shamusan, "Long" would be like having a go at the flag (blue pin, par 4, 343 m, headwind - oh usually tight fairways along the lake as well!).

343m head win attack pin Shocked
might as well go joint he long driver competition in US, they only hit 400+ yards and no head wind as well. and we can cheer for you... cheers
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

meia07656 wrote:
Derek wrote:

Have a blast guys!

The club name doesn't flow naturally.
What all these guys and gals have in common is a Pro-caliber Swing Speed (PiSS)

So the match up should be PiSS Vs SHiT.

ha ha Arron .. you are relentless!!! remind me how you came up with meia07656 ?? Beer
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm

once almost 270m via cart path counted?
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Purposely hit into buggy and drive to next hole 500m away counted? Razz
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 pm

tronos wrote:

Isnt that what course management is all about ?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:52 pm

i think LANPAR should make DRGjr72 our chairman...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 am

I bet they have a thread similar to this at the SB forum but obviously, the posts are somewhat err... different.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 am

tronos wrote:

hello bro, this is for LONG hitters who dont have problem ARRIVING liao

only hit long doesnt meet the requirement Laughing
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 am

so those who are long and can arrive are LANPAR potential....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 am

Damn, cannot join, got outdrove by Capt last sunday....... The Callaway Fit is Power....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next