Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!

Go down 
+33
shorthitter
poresia
divotee
iron eagle
Begbie
aural
and68low
jurongtiger
longster
sunny
mUAr_cHEe
mengteck71
elvingolf
Haiphong
ghoonk
gezt_ho
Wongster
TheFocalPoint
nientsu
watermyforrest
guybrush
Khorkar
Sam2902
golfer
clarencekim
Juzme
Roystonnn
sebastianlim
jhan18
Technospaz
Tituman
ironfist
chemicalpro
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Really sad that things had to end up like that... It was so convenient for me as it is within walking distance from my house. Now have to look for an alternative place to practice... For a non driver, it's gonna be really troublesome Sad
Back to top Go down
guybrush
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 am

yeah for non driver like me now very hard to find range to practise..normally i would just bring few clubs in my sunday bag and go there to practise.. now have to look for alternative.. sian ah..

OCC is a nice place but abit hard to go unless we took their shuttle bus from yishun mrt.. the shuttle bus abit small imo..

EGC also not bad but very far in and hard to go as well..
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 am

actually if u guys dont really mind and want better quality balls. shd go to EGC, because there they dont use range ball. but " branded" balls like precepts..

like ytd..

i bought twice range ball. ( 40 each time) ..

everytime, inside got 1 to 2 prov,,

so should go there if u guys wanna try pro v in range ( though condition not very good) ..

just bought 12 prov1& prov1x at $6!. heh .. ( condition not so good, but still looks pretty okay )..

if only i can dig out the entire box of used ball . im sure can find more .
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Went there this morning and was offered to join the membership, after checking the price AND the cost of the practice balls. It is actually almost the same as before IF YOU PLAY EVERYDAY FOR THE WHOLE YEAR... so sad, the ball used to be okay, now like rock... can't see where the ball is if you hit more than 125 meters due to the playgolf thingy... looks like i have to travel to bishan range... Sad
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:50 pm

ceh... i have started going back bishan range already loh...
Nvm the uneven terrain of Bishan... if I see ball fly straight, can ler.. keke.

Wonder if the crowds in Toa Payoh are gone after this Play Golf thing came.. hur hur hur..
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Think their feeble attempt at making more bucks through the play system has failed since we represent a good sample size of regulars there.

Many of us have moved to OCC and I cannot compliment enough about the conditions of the bays and balls there! Yet to try out Bishan, which is a tad nearer to where I live, but is it that bad there?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Always felt that they were slightly more expensive, with the tokens. But its within tolerance, so i continued going there. Have not been there ever since they put up the funny system. From the feedback i don think i will.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:04 pm

I'll just stick to Laguna... Not much riff-raff there... Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:34 pm

chemicalpro wrote:
Think their feeble attempt at making more bucks through the play system has failed since we represent a good sample size of regulars there.

Many of us have moved to OCC and I cannot compliment enough about the conditions of the bays and balls there! Yet to try out Bishan, which is a tad nearer to where I live, but is it that bad there?

You referring to bishan range condition?
The mat has been changed, so should be fine.
Range balls not sooo good but okay for me la.
The green terrain is too slopy.. sometimes cannot see where my ball land and distance of my shot.

Tats all abt it.
Overall, Bishan is just an old range compared to TPY lor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks Roystonnn, I'll give Bishan a check out one of these days.

I do miss the convenience of TPY though. Stupid PlayGolf nonsense! Mad
Back to top Go down
Wongster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 pm

i practise at Bishan quite often too, since it is on the way back home for me from office.
Balls quite cheap if you top-up more than $200, you get something like $60 free. Divide out it is like 4 plus cents a ball.

I like it there coz , there are lot of bays. But parking can be a bitch sometimes.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Wongster you don't need to practice anymore, your swing is straight as an arrow already! Give others a chance please! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Juzme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Juzme

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:03 pm

BTW, now Toa Payoh new system is quite expensive. IT's $7 for 80 balls if use barcode sytem (no more tokens) Mad If join as members, then $6 if memory serves me correctly. Still not cheap.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 pm

$7 for 80balls

Thats 8.75 cents per ball!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Juzme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Juzme

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:53 pm

That's what it cost me yesterday. They now have some chips in balls to show distance, etc. Not much use for newbies like me No Won't be going range there from now on.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Wah thats very costly for hitting those "rocks" lor! So damn hard!

Really don't forsee many regulars staying on there...

Ridiculous prices!
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 pm

me loh, still will go. have 3more lesson together with my wife.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Wah gezt, those are expensive balls that you'll be learning with!

I don't suppose the coaches there would like it too much that the golfer traffic has gone down.

Or perhaps its a ploy! Such that decent golfers think they're losing distance and consistency that they now decide to approach the coaches! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Balls at Bishan really pretty bad. Mats are new but still very firm. I go there because it is near my folks' place, but mostly practice my driving there. Hitting irons at that range will hurt my swing and my elbows big time.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:23 am

Hi Chem,

No choice. We went to learn since July till now. My wife travel often that why drag untill now.
Yesterday went there, the crowds reduce to about 40%. Think they probably will change the balls in order to catch back the crowds.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 am

just 40% now!
Wow, tats really pathetic.. if they change the balls back, they lose big time on the play golf system wor..

I think those pros or coach at the range would have tried the ball.
I believe their feel would be more sensitive than us... wonder y they go ahead with such rock balls.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:35 am

maybe they change the ball lighter still c/w chips inside?
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:44 am

then maybe ok la...
Just dun change from a rock to a stone, though lighter but still hard! keke. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:57 am

Had they simply increased the price per ball minus that nonsense PlayGolf system, I think we would consider still going there in light of location.

But now... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 am

Dun think they can change the balls as they are specially made for the PG system--embedded with memory microchip similar to a common 'smart card'.

The PG targets are useless without the special balls passive electronic component in the super hard balls for the scanners in the targets to read from and send to the viewer screens and scoring database.

I liked talking to the cute female staff at the F&B outlet there, but even that will not entice me back to TPY.

At Bishan, just learn to hit straight--use the big distance boards as targets. Instant feedback if hit--Bang!

Happy Holidays all!

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!   Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toa Payoh Range. Bad To Worse!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next