Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Replace with Hybrids?

Go down 
+15
Technospaz
aquaman
asahi
Ken00
blee67
slinger
pocketace
audi
snagy23
Derek
Newtogolf
enwee
chien
Turbo
jason.koh.54966
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am

mloy wrote:
I have a 5 iron and I can't hit it. So I got myself a rescue/hybrid to replace it. My 5 iron is still in my bag but for display only. Hopefully one day I can hit it. LOL!!!

I don't have a 3W, can't handle it. I am happy with my 5W & 7W.
Your 7w very good leh.

Anyway I got a 22deg very old rescue mid. Loving it. The day I got it, I never touch my 4 iron again. Now with the fishy sticks, never even get 4 iron.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:21 am

mloy wrote:
My 5 iron is still in my bag but for display only. Hopefully one day I can hit it. LOL!!!

When that day happens, I pray that we're on the same team and not opponents.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am

When I started playing golf, I used 3-P irons....this was back in the day when hybrids wereno't used very much...as my body aged and my swing speed slowed I discovered hybrids and haven't looked back since....I only use 7i down for my irons and if u look in my WITB almost half my clubs are hybrids.....I choke down on my 5H only cause my ego won't let me put a 6H in my bag.....that's why I'm so reluctant to buy new irons cause I end up paying for 7 clubs and only use 4.......

Anyway, the first question u need to ask itself is whether u even have the swing sped to launch the 3-5i and 3w..if ju don't then ur decision just got easier.....

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:20 am

golfool2009 wrote:
When I started playing golf, I used 3-P irons....this was back in the day when hybrids wereno't used very much...as my body aged and my swing speed slowed I discovered hybrids and haven't looked back since....I only use 7i down for my irons and if u look in my WITB almost half my clubs are hybrids.....I choke down on my 5H only cause my ego won't let me put a 6H in my bag.....that's why I'm so reluctant to buy new irons cause I end up paying for 7 clubs and only use 4.......

Anyway, the first question u need to ask itself is whether u even have the swing sped to launch the 3-5i and 3w..if ju don't then ur decision just got easier.....

i get you a 6H for your birthday....

Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 am

golfool2009 wrote:

GF, I feel the same. I can't stand having to pay for a full set of irons (which includes the P, A & S wedges) when I only really use the 6i-9i.
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I'm proud to say that I've relinquished my long irons. No point shaming myself on the course just to have a nicer WITB Smile

These days, I carry:

- 14.5 Adams 3W Super XTD
- 20.5 Cleveland 3H
- 23 Cleveland 4H
- 26 Cleveland 5H

(and I play the 6i-9i).

I may even play a 18 Adams FW but that depends on the course.

Like +1
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Seems to be a lot of guys in this thread are proficient at using hybrids. I myself don't know how to use a hybrid. Keep buying and selling cause none seems to work.

So is a hybrid swing different from an iron swing? or is it more like a wood swing? Ideally, do you guys take divot when using a hybrid?
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 pm

I favour hybrids because of my tempo and height.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 pm

kyleyann wrote:
Seems to be a lot of guys in this thread are proficient at using hybrids. I myself don't know how to use a hybrid. Keep buying and selling cause none seems to work.

So is a hybrid swing different from an iron swing? or is it more like a wood swing? Ideally, do you guys take divot when using a hybrid?

I swing a hybrid like irons ... And I do take divot ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Replace with Hybrids? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replace with Hybrids?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2