Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miura's owner

Go down 
+98
timang84
babolat
neutralgolfer
dreamer
cactuzone
jxoo
kangwei
Tiger Wu
gunship
chrislzh
raylowwl
xlr871
doink24
18underPar
haragolfer
nitebolt
mythr
Turbo
Flash
Shellman
jurongtiger
Khorkar
hkhamateur
kevinhwc
maslie
ParTee
Tsunami33
chien
robert33
3131T
hide
enwee
righthook
DGman
jloo61
Master
WILL33
edgolf
ranctor
iluvcookies
audi
jeffman88
kyleyann
h0ok_fighter
supermaninunder
Denmeister
DiVoTion
jeremykoh
Duval_S
watermyforrest
Technospaz
golfian
volkswagenboy
essentiale
kwannick
miuraforged
Joshua
Slicer51
teegem
wilier izoard
fengz
yanguei
eden
golf_snowman
golfcoma
mtbdude74
golfool2009
markteo
Ssquirrel
ThomasTan
pushslice
alucard
Vinny
blee67
samT
4dtoto
mizzy
Begbie
nientsu
Golf-mass
mloy
ron81
Dstruc
eiji
slinger
ljlow
mox
poncs
Derek
trident
rsenal
Mario
FD448
shamusan
andrew-golf
TLHENG
Lee36328
dmateo
102 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Miura's owner - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:44 am

actually the miura giken hybrids are very nice clubs...

anyone fitted one?

yesterday i was at Topgolf Jakarta and i tried the KM 370 putter...

quite accurate...
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am

andrew-golf wrote:
actually the miura giken hybrids are very nice clubs...

anyone fitted one?

yesterday i was at Topgolf Jakarta and i tried the KM 370 putter...

quite accurate...

KM-350 you mean?
i'm drooling...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 am

yes 350...

haha

im using the KM006..

but the feel of the 350 is softer and i feel its more accurate

cos the size of the head is almost equal to the diameter of the ball. very easy to aim.. haha
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 am

TLHENG wrote:
To all fellow M.C.A, I have booked a flight at NSRCC on 28 october teeing off at 13.18 airforce course for the inaugural Miura game. Those keen to play pls put your name in.

1. TLHENG

After the game, we will proceed to Laguna to meet other MCA at 7.30pm

Thanks.

I am also drooling for this...

Wish I could be there.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 am

1. TLHENG
2. dmateo (subject to leave approval)

I will have to skip laguna as I have dinner appointment, but keen to join in the game (never played here before).
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 am

Lee36328 wrote:

Wish I could be there.

I have only one comment on this
stop wishing, start planning and taking action to make it (your wish) comes true Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:26 am

dmateo wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:

Wish I could be there.

I have only one comment on this
stop wishing, start planning and taking action to make it (your wish) comes true Cheers Jump

I was bumping up our bro's post, but you are right.

This year is already approaching end, and I'm sorting out some work assignments. So, I target next year by Mar to join you guys for a game, and an MCA session. Sorry it's a bit far ahead in the future. I have a project being lined up at work which if on, will tie me down solid for several months.

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:45 am

-- deleted --

Last edited by dmateo on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double-post)
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:48 am

We can also arrange a tour up to KL.. what's that 4 hours drive from singapore ?
i guess it would be manageable for 1 - 2 times going up and visit to give some colour on the courses. There should be some really great course around KL and also will broaden the horizon a bit to play both places.. Smile

Or maybe a gateway to some exciting course like China, Vietnam, Thailand etc.. hmm. lots of ideas brewing, it's getting out of control..... Hooray
Back to top Go down
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
yanguei wrote:
dmateo wrote:
you can get fitting practically anywhere you would like to. Popular in this forum is BFG. Torquegolf also provided fitting.
If you are going to buy new club, then it can be a one stop shop to get everything done up. Unlike off the shelf product, Miura is only the club head. THe shaft, grip, ferulle etc will need to be fitted to the club head. You can ask them to do the fitting for your while you're at it.

HTH

oh...so can I get Miura heads from TG and go to BFG for fitting?
The main thing is the swing/shaft/flex analysis, heads (lie bending) and swing lead powder weight. I used to fix and change grips myself.

Don't think it's possible to buy head only from Torque Golf, dmateo is right.

I bought my MP52 from a golf shop, and promptly sent it to my custom fitter to remove the standard shafts, and fit in a set of PX that suited me. I just wanted the head only as well.

So, it was great to find I can get Miura from my fitter built completely to my spec without redundancies. Gives me peace of mind to know I get the set from the same source. I get full after sales service as well, tweaking lie, swingweight, etc as my swing evolves.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Miura-Giken-2011-PP9003-Forged-Iron-5PW-Head-Only

Has anyone tried to get heads from tsg and then get your favorite fitter to fit up a sets?
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:07 pm

dmateo wrote:
yanguei wrote:

oh...so can I get Miura heads from TG and go to BFG for fitting?
The main thing is the swing/shaft/flex analysis, heads (lie bending) and swing lead powder weight. I used to fix and change grips myself.

I think you need to check with them. Give them a call. I know some brand don't sell only the head, so you need to get assembled by them. Give them a call to confirm.

I saw an eBay posting for small blade heads 3-P @ $2099...might worth a look...

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Muira-Golf-Japan-Forged-Irons-small-blade-3-P-/220877856250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item336d589dfa
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:18 pm

win liao... established barely 1 month, Miura owner's is among the top active thread...with 30 pages...!
No Sticky also appears on top everyday... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 am

Hi all,

I'll have to place an order for a miura 49 or 50 degree wedge soon. Would you recommend the satin wedge, y grind, or miura giken model? I personally prefer a miura giken model, but I'm not sure if they offer it in 50 degrees.

Would appreciate your suggestions as I won't be able to try prior to purchasing it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 am

golfcoma wrote:
Hi all,

I'll have to place an order for a miura 49 or 50 degree wedge soon. Would you recommend the satin wedge, y grind, or miura giken model? I personally prefer a miura giken model, but I'm not sure if they offer it in 50 degrees.

Would appreciate your suggestions as I won't be able to try prior to purchasing it. Thanks!

Hi golfcoma,

I haven't tried those wedges that you mentioned, so take the following with suitable amount of salt or soya sauce.

The satin wedge covers a wide range of lofts, from 50 deg to 60 deg.

The C-grind covers the higher end of the lofts, 55, 57 and 59 deg.

• "They understood that golfers were looking for a sand wedge with even more aggressive heel and toe relief to compliment their other Miura wedges. The challenge for the Miura family was to create a wedge which would not compromise the basic fundamentals of a high performance golf club. The result is a wedge which balances the heel and toe relief golfers wanted, leading and trailing edge versatility golfers need, with playability in a broad range of conditions."

The Y-grind covers the lower end of the lofts, 49, 51 and 53.

• "The family's goal was to create a wedge with the heel and toe relief that many golfers are now looking for, but at the same time not compromise the basic fundamentals of a high performance golf club. The challenge was to find the perfect balance between the heel and toe relief and the rolled trailing edge on the sole, which Yoshitaka has done."

So, if you like a certain progressive uniformity in your wedges, you might consider the satin wedge. In the case of my black forged wedges, the head shapes are the same. I think the satin wedge is like the same shape as well across the different lofts. Those who own these wedges please correct if I'm mistaken.

The C-grind and Y-grind wedges have different grinds to suit the playing conditions for the different range of lofts. The heads are differently shaped as well for the same reason. In other words, their shapes and sole grinds are more specialized to the loft range they are designed for, and the playing conditions they are likely to encounter.

Not sure about the Miura Giken model, so can't offer a comment.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
Hi all,

Hi golfcoma,

I haven't tried those wedges that you mentioned, so take the following with suitable amount of salt or soya sauce.

The satin wedge covers a wide range of lofts, from 50 deg to 60 deg.

The C-grind covers the higher end of the lofts, 55, 57 and 59 deg.

• "They understood that golfers were looking for a sand wedge with even more aggressive heel and toe relief to compliment their other Miura wedges. The challenge for the Miura family was to create a wedge which would not compromise the basic fundamentals of a high performance golf club. The result is a wedge which balances the heel and toe relief golfers wanted, leading and trailing edge versatility golfers need, with playability in a broad range of conditions."

The Y-grind covers the lower end of the lofts, 49, 51 and 53.

• "The family's goal was to create a wedge with the heel and toe relief that many golfers are now looking for, but at the same time not compromise the basic fundamentals of a high performance golf club. The challenge was to find the perfect balance between the heel and toe relief and the rolled trailing edge on the sole, which Yoshitaka has done."

So, if you like a certain progressive uniformity in your wedges, you might consider the satin wedge. In the case of my black forged wedges, the head shapes are the same. I think the satin wedge is like the same shape as well across the different lofts. Those who own these wedges please correct if I'm mistaken.

The C-grind and Y-grind wedges have different grinds to suit the playing conditions for the different range of lofts. The heads are differently shaped as well for the same reason. In other words, their shapes and sole grinds are more specialized to the loft range they are designed for, and the playing conditions they are likely to encounter.

Not sure about the Miura Giken model, so can't offer a comment.

Peace.

Thanks Lee. Among the miura line, I'm considering between the satin wedge and y-grind. Not exactly sure what they mean by toe-heel relief in the y-grind, but I'm basically looking for the more forgiving wedge Smile I'm based in China, which is also where I play most of my games. Not sure if that's a factor for consideration as far as playing conditions go.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 pm

ljlow wrote:

I saw an eBay posting for small blade heads 3-P @ $2099...might worth a look...

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Muira-Golf-Japan-Forged-Irons-small-blade-3-P-/220877856250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item336d589dfa

hmm.. that's not much different to a new set is there ?
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:12 pm

still need to see it in person... i would say...
dun forget it's head only so have to add 700/800 for shaft n grip...
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:28 pm

the only thing most probably usable is the grip. Shaft will need to be fixed toyour swing speed and characteristic I would assume.

So it's as good as a 50 bucks grips and you'll need to do the re-shaff as well. If by chance it's the perfect fit then yup, it's definitely worth it.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 pm

dmateo wrote:
1. TLHENG
2. dmateo (subject to leave approval)

I will have to skip laguna as I have dinner appointment, but keen to join in the game (never played here before).

hmm.. anybody else playing on this ?
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:13 pm

i'm playing the OCBC thingy... cant join unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Updating my new items
Wedge 52 raw black with Dg spinner
Kanji miura raw wedge 1 & 2

8. Clarence
Blades with KBS stiff P,5-9
202 with NSPro s P,5-9
Wedge Y51 with DG spinner
Wedge C55 with DG spinner
Wedge 56 with DG spinner
Wedge 52 with KBS Stiff
Wedge 58 raw black with DG spinner
Putter KM006
Miura Giken hybrid HB3
Miura Giken hybrid HB4
Putter LE KM350 black

Last edited by FD448 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 pm

If any of the bros here can get a chance to try out the Gekin raw wedge. Pls try it! The feel is better too......
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:14 pm

haha... you are the man!
Any pics sharing?
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:18 pm

If any of the bros here can get a chance to try out the Gekin raw wedge. Pls try it! The feel is better too......

You mean Miura Giken raw wedge?
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:20 pm

FD448 wrote:
Updating my new items
Wedge 52 raw black with Dg spinner
Gekin raw wedge 1 & 2

8. Clarence
Blades with KBS stiff P,5-9
202 with NSPro s P,5-9
Wedge Y51 with DG spinner
Wedge C55 with DG spinner
Wedge 56 with DG spinner
Wedge 52 with KBS Stiff
Wedge 58 raw black with DG spinner
Putter KM006
Miura Giken hybrid HB3
Miura Giken hybrid HB4
Putter LE KM350 black

Hi FD448, what is your review of the Y51 wedge? Also, do you know if they ave the giken raw wedge in 50 degrees?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miura's owner
Page 18 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next