Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheapest option to get handicap

Go down 
+25
dsia71
hw_ball
ping_ping
Tituman
golf_snowman
Apprentice
jd8
watermyforrest
jtek
al1388
Roystonnn
fabulous
weesern
hillgreen
Steffan
m0i
mUAr_cHEe
Khorkar
Duval_S
chocoman
G_Man
X-Man
Gray
Uncle Lau
katherinechiok
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Derek wrote:
My interpretation is you play it from the spot where you first hit it into the bunker

still not the same as just declaring unplayable and drop the ball out of the bunker
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:51 pm

during my test, I saw the other 3 players take a lot more than 2 or 3 strokes to get out of the bunker, one even tried so many times until the pro just asked him to pick the ball up and drop it out of the bunker and get on with it. Also, the sheer physical effort from making 5 or 6 swings in the bunker usually meant that the next shot was really bad as well.

Like I said, for really new players who signed up for a handicap test without first learning how to get out of steep bunkers.

For everyone else, it is not really an option.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:54 pm

no my point was, if u wanna quote the rules, don't quote it wrongly, leaves a bad impression on the pro or marker of the CR. and also just a nice shoutout to players that wish to go PC/CR that all aspects of the game must be in decent shape, not just drives or 7irons, recovery shots from some weird places and positions(downhill, uphill, ball above/below feet,etc)
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:12 pm

eiji wrote:
no my point was, if u wanna quote the rules, don't quote it wrongly, leaves a bad impression on the pro or marker of the CR. and also just a nice shoutout to players that wish to go PC/CR that all aspects of the game must be in decent shape, not just drives or 7irons, recovery shots from some weird places and positions(downhill, uphill, ball above/below feet,etc)

I believe I distinctly mentioned that one should read the rule book before using the "Unplayable" rule in my initial post. I distinctly remember that dropping out of the bunker is allowed, but not all the details, hence the suggestion to read the section on "Unplayable" before invoking the rule.

If I gave you the impression that I was trying to quote rules and sound like a rules expert, then I am sorry that you got the wrong impression.

Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

So am I right to say most of the discussions here surrounds the handicap maintenance, cr cost but to see the cost of obtaining the handicap we should include greens fees and club related fees( buggy, pc cost if applicable) which depends where we go for the CR.

Deciding soon to plan and go for handicap though this is only my 2nd month. Like most ppl say hit hard look up. Aim far, look further. =x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheapest option to get handicap
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4