Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.

Go down 
+13
gregchinann
billcoke
smokey
newbiegolfie
vinjess
Turbo
evo5555
Kaii
dr_z8
NY
icta
odyssey23
oldie-newbie
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  Empty
PostSubject: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Guys and Gals. Wanted to explore what are the cheapest option to get a valid handicap. Possible to get a handicap card in less than $200?
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:47 pm

mostly will be less than 200, MGK was about 130 inclusive of green fees. But there is yearly maintenance of course.

Last edited by oldie-newbie on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Where does MGK do the test?
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 3:18 pm

You can check with golf direct. Think they can help you with the handicap.
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 pm

Check out Society of Spore Golfers. Good club run by a group of passionate golfers. Provide hdc maintenance too.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:14 pm

MBGC for MGK. bo dai ji one if you can launch the ball
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 pm

odyssey23 wrote:
You can check with golf direct. Think they can help you with the handicap.

I don't get you. Are you referring to Golf Direct the shop outlet? I thought they only sell golf stuffs. Didn't know that they also offer handicap test?
Back to top Go down
NY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Dear dr_z8

Golf is a gentleman/woman games.  Would suggest to go for a proper test by pro,  after submitting 10 score cards.  Before the result made known to you,  you are require to attend a  2 to 3 hours course, this course is consist of basic rules and golf ethnic.  This will enable you to observe the safety aspect for yourself and other golfers while playing in the same course.  Nonetheless,  the test and the course is less than $200.00 

My 2 cents worth
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:03 pm

oldie-newbie wrote:
mostly will be less than 200, MGK was about 130 inclusive of green fees. But there is yearly maintenance of course.

bro, so the the total cost of obtaining a valid handicap and maintain it throughout the year is $130 + $160(1 yr MGK membership exclude gst) = $290. correct?
Back to top Go down
NY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:07 pm

Not forgetting insurance.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:09 pm

NY wrote:
Dear dr_z8

Golf is a gentleman/woman games.  Would suggest to go for a proper test by pro,  after submitting 10 score cards.  Before the result made known to you,  you are require to attend a  2 to 3 hours course, this course is consist of basic rules and golf ethnic.  This will enable you to observe the safety aspect for yourself and other golfers while playing in the same course.  Nonetheless,  the test and the course is less than $200.00 

My 2 cents worth

Hi Bro NY,

fully understand your advice. As I am still a student and without any income, I was trying to find out which are the club memberships available for me to go through the necessary process and get a proper handicap at the lowest cost.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:14 pm

icta wrote:
Check out Society of Spore Golfers. Good club run by a group of passionate golfers. Provide hdc maintenance too.

Bro, so far this seems to be the cheapest options of all. The joining fee for the membership is only $20(one time fee) + $90 annual subscription to maintain handicap. 

But they didn't mention the CR cost, does that mean there isn't any cost to pay them for me to take the test? what about the green fee to do the CR test? where do they normally conduct the CR test?

did you get your handicap from them?
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:15 pm

NY
Golf is a Ladies /Gentlemen game.

Used to be so . dun see it now.

dr z8,

u can get a handicap card tested by professional approved by Malaysian Golf Association in Malaysia for less than S$100

Last edited by Kaii on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 pm

wow... this topic came juz right on time for me reference!!.. Smile im hoping to get my official handicap also after many moons of playing illegally.... haahaha..
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Kaii wrote:

dr z8,

u can get a handicap card tested by professional approved by Malaysian Golf Association in Malaysia for less than S$100

Hi Bro Kaii,

Care to PM me the club or pro contact? And another thing is that will SG courses especially MBGC/OCC recognise the handicap card issued by Malaysia club under MGA?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 8:26 pm

dr_z8 wrote:
Where does MGK do the test?

MGK conducts the PC and Handicap tests at MBGC ...

In my opinion, MGK is valued for money as it not only maintain ones handicap but also covers Golf insurance + Hole In One (I stand corrected) ... Ones get to play in OCC at almost the same green fee as playing in MBGC ... However, you need to be an NTUC Union member before you can join MGK ...
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:58 pm

dr_z8 wrote:
Kaii wrote:

dr z8,

Hi Bro Kaii,

Care to PM me the club or pro contact? And another thing is that will SG courses especially MBGC/OCC recognise the handicap card issued by Malaysia club under MGA?

MGA issued with USGA Index for sure recognise in Sg. If u r a member of any club in Msia they will maintain for u also.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 1:05 am

vinjess wrote:
dr_z8 wrote:
Kaii wrote:

dr z8,

Hi Bro Kaii,

MGA issued with USGA Index for sure recognise in Sg. If u r a member of any club in Msia they will maintain for u also.

Any recommendation which MGA JB club issuing handicap with USGA index has Courtesy round test at good rate?
Back to top Go down
newbiegolfie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 pm

my friend download template, self print..self write ..self laminate..
and played @ so many local clubs... without any hassle..

laminate fees.. ----> SGD1.00
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:18 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:

So which club handicap card did he counterfeit?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:06 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:

If you don't intend to participate in local tournaments, it is alright to do so (aside for not being ethical) ... I know Business Times annual coporate tournament would call up ones home club to authenticate his/her handicap ... They checked mine too according to MyGolfKaki ... Shocked Laughing

However, I think you should go thru the proper channel to obtain an authentic handicap from a bona fide body afterall golf is supposed to be a gentlemen sport ... No offense intended though ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 9:16 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:

wah lao. counterfeiter spotted. haha
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 9:22 pm

my thread seems to invite corrupt ideas. do i need to phrase my title properly? haha.

im asking for information which allows me to obtain an official handicap thru proper channel at a lowest possible cost.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:13 pm

anybody had gone through handicap test from SSG? how much does it cost?
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:17 pm

I remember I read previously somewhere that one needs to participate in their monthly medal games as one of the criteria to maintain the hcp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.    Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheapest option to get a valid handicap.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next