Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

which option is better?

Go down 
+4
andrew-golf
Slicer51
Cyrano
kim001
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kim001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

which option is better? Empty
PostSubject: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:57 am

I ve been struggling with the use of driver. I realised that if I swing with least effort, my carry distance is about 160m with about 80% chance on fairway. If swing hard, carry distance can reach 210m but less than 30% fairway. Which option you think it is better?
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 am

try 5WD.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 am

IMHO, to enjoy one game, play from fairway will be better then hitting from rough. Distance is important unless you can manage your direction too.

Trying using wood (5 or 3) for your tee off. It might able to give you the same distance and % in fairway compare to your easy swing with your driver.

Go see a instructor and learn to swing your driver 210m with a higher % in fairway.

Off fairway hit wasn't really bad if you still in manageable lie from rough. However OB, big hook, slice, bunker, water will really hard to keep you motivate to play well ..
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 am

Would prefer to keep ball on fairway and in play.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:27 pm

kim001 wrote:
I ve been struggling with the use of driver. I realised that if I swing with least effort, my carry distance is about 160m with about 80% chance on fairway. If swing hard, carry distance can reach 210m but less than 30% fairway. Which option you think it is better?

Go for third option, take lessons
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:43 pm

In play on the fairway. I hasten to add that this is less important than having a decent short game from 100yards in. To a large extent, the handicap of an average golfer is determined by his short game.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Golfer Guy wrote:
In play on the fairway. I hasten to add that this is less important than having a decent short game from 100yards in. To a large extent, the handicap of an average golfer is determined by his short game.

Agreed totally.. that was gonna be my next post...

thanks brother
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Do like to play like Bubba Watson or Graeme McDowell ? I'll play on the fairway as give you better chance to hit the green. The game is hard enought to hit the golf ball right if you are in the rought , the lie isn't as predictable as in the fairway . it can create that you have a bad angle which require extreme hard shot to hit . you should also take lesson in the same time so gradually you can increase accuracy and distance .
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Some lives for the moment

Some lives for the one time wonder shot

Some just want to be alive

Some wants to live like others

And there are some who live based on what they have

Who do u want to be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which option is better?   which option is better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which option is better?
Page 1 of 1