Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?

Go down 
+8
getsurin
slinger
mox
boboking
andrew-golf
blee67
Derek
and68low
12 posters
AuthorMessage
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Am posting this for those who are seriously looking to buy a new car! Instead do buy SICC Golfing membership. No club or car can beat this value.

Singapore Island Country Club

Current Price : 200k avg.
Transfer Fees : 30 K
Mthly sub : 150 $
current cash at hand : 500 mil

What you get ?

72 holes of golf
18 hole of M line
2 driving range-new balls every 3 mths

2 Club hse at prime location - bukit and thomson

2 swimming pools

12 F&B outlets

1 bowling centre 12 lanes

1 covered Tennis Centre(6-7 courts)

4 squash court

2 full size gym

1 billard centre.

Plus many more activities...... spouse and children golf for free too !

Yes 200k can be lots of money to some... but effective ... if you are 21 to 45 years old, very very low risk with Great Valued.... the actual near term risk is 30 k effectively if you sell within couple of years.

P.s I am thinking of buy a new car but damn the COE so highly price ! less ppl buy car, COE down ?? hehehe ..
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

200k Price still can consider ...

500 mil Cash on hand? ... ah that one a bit difficult lah
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:52 pm

I meant the club currently have 500 mil in the bank
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Capt, 500m even after completing the clubhouse renovation?
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Yes... indeed
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:45 pm

There is so much cash in the market..

some going into the property market..

perhaps a club membership is considered an alternate investment...

i do know of a few blokes of mine who is below 30 and has more den $300k of cash and cash equivalent...

so be inspired...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:47 pm

and68low wrote:
Yes... indeed

That is indeed very stable!
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:08 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
There is so much cash in the market..

some going into the property market..

perhaps a club membership is considered an alternate investment...

i do know of a few blokes of mine who is below 30 and has more den $300k of cash and cash equivalent...

so be inspired...

I will not say buying a club membership as investment as "investment" in direct sense...... but for value and net working it the place to be. So indirectly it helps.

In fact, In my own chronology, the cost for SICC is actually only 30K (transfer fees) + monthly sub. Esp if you are young and have a family you can either chose the same price to exit or one time transfer to NoK (1 k only), as time is on your side.
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:15 pm

What is the likelihood that government will extend the lease after 2022? Or has this been granted already? If there is another 30 yr extension, this would indeed be a very good investment.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm

i think lease extension is extremely likely, subject to paying some money....

anyway, if i am not wrong it is not as easy to finance country club membership as it is to finance the purchase of a car.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:30 pm

i scared my weekly green fees cost more than the monthly subscription...... What a Face
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:06 pm

slinger wrote:
i scared my weekly green fees cost more than the monthly subscription...... What a Face

Simi Green Fees ?... no charges ... unless you refer "green fees" as back scrub ! there is a spa too ! head massage also very good, ask agumom Very Happy

Lease extension is a gime ... but probably each member have to pay a couple of thousands, where the club wil pay the balance... govt policy ... CO Payment !
Back to top Go down
getsurin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 am

Wow, this money can buy HDB flat liao. At least the value is maintained. However, if you own a company, club membership can be used to entertain your clients. In this sense, it is worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 am

165k i bid for 1 pls Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:54 am

That's a good price for SICC, but still way out of my reach. Would love to join a local golf club though and SICC is nice.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 am

if u go to the private property launches...i think 200k is peanuts to these people. Their 'special' car license plate alone worth more than our 1 year salaries
Back to top Go down
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
caution

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:47 pm

200K with so much incentives added to it is indeed a worth investment. If I had more spare cash I will really consider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?   Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of buying a New Car ? other option?
Page 1 of 1