Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheapest option to get handicap

Go down 
+25
dsia71
hw_ball
ping_ping
Tituman
golf_snowman
Apprentice
jd8
watermyforrest
jtek
al1388
Roystonnn
fabulous
weesern
hillgreen
Steffan
m0i
mUAr_cHEe
Khorkar
Duval_S
chocoman
G_Man
X-Man
Gray
Uncle Lau
katherinechiok
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:25 pm

only some golf course asking your handicap, but if u play in JB never check on Handicap card?
if you play tournament in singapore also they never check as long u just give your expired one will do..tell me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 pm

I dun have handicap..
But I have some questions, in case I am pro enough to take handicap in future.

I heard MBGC handicap test require 51stroke max for 9hole.
Is it the same for those AA or SGA?
Where will the handicap test be held?

My PC is from Asian Golf Academy, very much not recognised by many association I suppose.
Can take handicap test ma?

How many scorecards do I need to accumulate?
Those scorecard require a level of how many strokes to obtain HC 24?
(24 is the minimum to play in SG course right?)
*btw, all scorecards from Malaysia golf course boleh?
Back to top Go down
al1388
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
al1388

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Just checked with AA today,

10 x 9 hole or 5 x 18 hole scorecard needed to go for the CR to get HI.

Scorecard from Malaysia like Austin hill, Palm villa, and so on are all accepted.

But they ask for PC also. If don't have or expired, they charge S$100 for the certification.

Someone asked where the CR test is done: they told me it is done at Selectar every Monday and Wed morning 7.45am ( or it is Sembawang? shit! old already forgot so fast.. )

Anyone here join the SAFRA Golf Section for HI maintenancce ? They charged only $54/yr for membership and $60/yr for maintenance, don't know got any other hidden cost, will be calling them tomorrow to find out. But they have more tie up with other golf courses to play including NSRCC
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm

al1388 wrote:
Just checked with AA today,

10 x 9 hole or 5 x 18 hole scorecard needed to go for the CR to get HI.

Scorecard from Malaysia like Austin hill, Palm villa, and so on are all accepted.

But they ask for PC also. If don't have or expired, they charge S$100 for the certification.

Someone asked where the CR test is done: they told me it is done at Selectar every Monday and Wed morning 7.45am ( or it is Sembawang? shit! old already forgot so fast.. )

Anyone here join the SAFRA Golf Section for HI maintenancce ? They charged only $54/yr for membership and $60/yr for maintenance, don't know got any other hidden cost, will be calling them tomorrow to find out. But they have more tie up with other golf courses to play including NSRCC

Bro, wats CR Test?
Back to top Go down
al1388
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
al1388

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Courtesy Round to test your handicap.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh okay, understand.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 pm

I tot mygolfkaki needs to be ntuc union member first then can join???
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 pm

jtek wrote:

Ya lor.. need to be union member..
Toking about NTUC Union Member, it is different from that NTUC Member Card which is used to buy groceries from NTUC accumulating points right?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:05 pm

SSG need you to attend a theory session and then a 9hole par 3 game....if pass, then get HC once submit 5 scorecards. Checkout their link..

Ohh...another thing, need to play one monthly game every Qtr....

...DS
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 pm

i'm actually put off by the requirement to play once every quarter. I heard they hv change to CR location to Keppel
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 am

weesern wrote:
i'm actually put off by the requirement to play once every quarter. I heard they hv change to CR location to Keppel
Understand....me originally also...but then, I thought...at least there is a mechanism to ensure that the correct HC is being allocated to me...
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:32 am

Roystonnn wrote:
jtek wrote:

Toking about NTUC Union Member, it is different from that NTUC Member Card which is used to buy groceries from NTUC accumulating points right?

It should be the same... so if you have that already, then go for MGK... it comes with free golf insurance
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 am

I just got my handicap through SSG and the experience was wonderful. The people are friendly and professional :-) it is indeed the most cost effective way to obtain and maintain a handicap index. The participation in the monthly medals once a quarter at a minimum provides a good way to ensure that your handicap index reflects your playing ability. Anyway, I think its a great way to meet golfing kakis and play at many different courses at a good $ rate.

The CRs are now held on weekends at NSRCC executive course, and on weekdays at Keppel Club.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Roystonnn wrote:
jtek wrote:

It should be the same... so if you have that already, then go for MGK... it comes with free golf insurance

Oh, NTUC Link Card & Union Member is sama sama ah?
My CFO loves to buy groceries from NTUC wor..

Then maybe I should subscribe the Link Card. keke.
*in the name of "always care for her, even buying at NTUC". Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:27 am

any comments on getting HCP from malaysia and transfer to SG?
Back to top Go down
Apprentice
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am

Roystonnn wrote:
I dun have handicap..

My PC is from Asian Golf Academy, very much not recognised by many association I suppose.

Hi Roystonn, why is the PC from Asian Golf Academy not recognised? I'm currently taking lessons there.
Back to top Go down
al1388
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
al1388

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 am

jd8 wrote:
I just got my handicap through SSG and the experience was wonderful. The people are friendly and professional :-) it is indeed the most cost effective way to obtain and maintain a handicap index. The participation in the monthly medals once a quarter at a minimum provides a good way to ensure that your handicap index reflects your playing ability. Anyway, I think its a great way to meet golfing kakis and play at many different courses at a good $ rate.

The CRs are now held on weekends at NSRCC executive course, and on weekdays at Keppel Club.

So what is the damage ? besides the $70 membership fees and $20 entrance fees, if I don't even have a PC but can hit balls?

How much do I have to pay for the workshops and CR ?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am

Khorkar wrote:
SSGA

1st Yr & 1 time Registration $ 90
HCP and Workshop - $90
Total: $180

Subsequent Yr - $70 only

They are the only club that does not require you to have a PC before CR. and the only one that conduct CR in executive course. guess they have their limitation or they feel that R &E is more important than scores alone.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Apprentice wrote:
Roystonnn wrote:
I dun have handicap..

Hi Roystonn, why is the PC from Asian Golf Academy not recognised? I'm currently taking lessons there.

Maybe I shoudn't say not recognise..
Anyway, I dun think there is any organisation that manages recognition of PC right?
Just that some courses don't accept PC from external org.

As for Handicap taken from the above mentioned Golf Organisations, I am not sure if they accept Asian Golf Academy PC eh.
Anyone any idea whether they are strict on the PC origins?
Very Happy

Last edited by Roystonnn on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Bros ! Whatever the trouble and pain of finding the right and best way to get your HC, you are always ready to take on the test and will pass with flying colors !!! Surprised

It the 1st thing you must clear in Golf....Mental Readiness ..... Swing

I have played with many beginners, those started from 2 to 8 months players, and i am shocked to witness them played with such skill and golf techinque and buayaness !!!! Shocked

You ready to take PC or HC anytime !!!! The longer you wait or go around looking for the best deal in town, you will be weak in your Golfing strength and soul.....bros it " Futile " !!! Just check your playing gangs club is, join in, and take that Damn test ! bounce

Good Luck bros !!!!

Cheers !!

Beer
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:26 pm

hi..

i actually send an e-mail to SGA enquire about handicap and I received a reply saying that they don admit new members without referal..

wonder does SSG also need referal to be the member or not...

snowman
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 pm

hi sorry..

the reply e-mail is from SSG that their only take in new applicant with referal, not SGA.

I wonder is there any SSG member here willing to help make an referal ?

thank you.

snowman
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm

haha! i started this thread in jul 2009 cos my hcp expires sept 2009 and wanted to renew it.. till now (apr 2010) i havent done so! i'm handicap-less! Embarassed

ok, now i'm really thinking about it.. i dun wan to go thru hcp test or admission charges.. is SSG the one where i can get handicap just by submitting scorecards? can someone advise and who should i contact for me to get (buy) the handicap?

HELP
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Just to get this straight for bros and sistas here. To join MGK you must be a Union Member paying monthly union fees. The NTUC Link card is a separate entity completely. So for people who is not a union member like me who is not working, to join MGK I have to join the Union and pay a monthly fee of $9 per month and then pay another $120 to MGK as member. Total damage is around $240 . I think that explains it quite clear enough.

Titu
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 pm

katherinechiok wrote:
haha! i started this thread in jul 2009 cos my hcp expires sept 2009 and wanted to renew it.. till now (apr 2010) i havent done so! i'm handicap-less! Embarassed

ok, now i'm really thinking about it.. i dun wan to go thru hcp test or admission charges.. is SSG the one where i can get handicap just by submitting scorecards? can someone advise and who should i contact for me to get (buy) the handicap?

HELP

Hi Katherine, have you tried going thru SGA? My mum helps people with getting handicap thru SGA.

Need to submit 10 scorecards and the fee is $250. Let me know if u need more details ok?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest option to get handicap   Cheapest option to get handicap - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheapest option to get handicap
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next