Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"

Go down 
+22
vodkacdo
DimWit Kid
GRFS
riverdeity
Aloyboy
entity
yang
monsterlonester
hsq7575
Genesis
wilier izoard
Tituman
dmateo
ghoonk
etsk22
mizzy
zhenxua
s-killer
JonL_TK
jurongtiger
Technospaz
rhinolith
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 pm

@s-killer - tee box distance can't be accurate cos the tee boxes are never that fixed. The one thing that doesn't change is the location of the center of the green, so distance TO center of green is definitely more accurate than distance FROM teebox
Back to top Go down
yang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yang

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 am

had bad time with MBGC, their GPS on buggy was not working. They didn't apologize.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Playing at MBGC later for the first time since they had GPS, hope it works... bounce
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:33 pm

i have this golfshot app... but i m not sure how to use it... anyone willing to give me a theory lesson?
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Genesis wrote:
Tituman wrote:
jurongtiger wrote:
Is that the only GPS buggy course in Singapore and JB?
And maybe Batam too...

I think Sentosa have it too.

yea, they do
Back to top Go down
GRFS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Guys,

If you are in the market for a quality range finder, but dont want to spend $400 - $500 look here: www.golfrangefinderssingapore.com

We sell Vector Optics laser range finders for only $228, including delivery in Singapore. PM me for a 10% discount!

Cheers
GRFS
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:55 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
etsk22 wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, using in Jb ie. Malaysia, would that be incurring roaming data charges? Would cost alot more if not mistaken.

Any comments?
Provided you use the GPS version... Then roaming charges apply

Using GPS no roaming charges la bro... I can use it today at poresia while turning off dataroam.. Smile

Golfshot app have almost all the courses in singapore and most of indo/malay course. I just found it too distracting to use .... (must put iphone on pocket, take it out every shot I take, click on the club I select, and then click whether on fairway or off....). Methink needs to teach caddy how to use it for me lar... then not forgetting that iphone still wif them Smile

But seriously I just use it sometimes before tee, to see where the hazards and the distances to them, where the pin + distance... then after hole, to record number of stroke... not using all capability.
Back to top Go down
vodkacdo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:19 pm

golfscape is better if you have Iphone 3GS or 4.... it uses the camera lens to let u know where to aim your shots..... alot of things inside.... helps upkeep your scores.... and have a database for you to store your scores..... i have been using golfshot since it came out.... its a great app... but still need a little personal judgement at times..... hahahah
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Golf Logix is good too.. it can track your club distance and also suggest the club to use..

Just upgrade to FOC Champion Member.. real cool apps

http://golflogix.com/
Back to top Go down
GordonTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Golfshot is good, only some pitfals

- when its off or standby, you need to wait for GPS to lock on before giviing accurate distance, I got snooked when it gave me wrong distance.
- it will drain the battery of my phone.
- it does not take into account the position of the flag on the greens, so it gives only the distance at the front and end edge of the green...

alas a laser range fiinder is able to avoid the above 3 "pitfalls"

Back to top Go down
antloh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antloh

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:03 am

DimWit Kid wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
etsk22 wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, using in Jb ie. Malaysia, would that be incurring roaming data charges? Would cost alot more if not mistaken.

Any comments?

Using GPS no roaming charges la bro... I can use it today at poresia while turning off dataroam.. Smile

Golfshot app have almost all the courses in singapore and most of indo/malay course. I just found it too distracting to use .... (must put iphone on pocket, take it out every shot I take, click on the club I select, and then click whether on fairway or off....). Methink needs to teach caddy how to use it for me lar... then not forgetting that iphone still wif them Smile

But seriously I just use it sometimes before tee, to see where the hazards and the distances to them, where the pin + distance... then after hole, to record number of stroke... not using all capability.

Where's the fun of golf in doing all these?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 am

antloh wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
etsk22 wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Any comments?

Don't understand this comment.... do you mean the fun of golf is about not knowing the distances?
Back to top Go down
antloh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antloh

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:30 am

DimWit Kid wrote:
antloh wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
etsk22 wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Any comments?

Don't understand this comment.... do you mean the fun of golf is about not knowing the distances?

I meant where is the fun, with all these data inputting hassle?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 am

oh yeah... you have to do that anyway usually by writing something on your scorecard right?

But actually, the software allows you to press a button when you hit, then press again when you arrive at where your ball is at, and it will record the stroke automatically, whether it's on fairways or rough, distance of last stroke, etc.

But like you say - that way it's not fun anymore as it takes you away from the golf itself....
Back to top Go down
antloh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antloh

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

I see. Then, it's not too much a hassle.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 am

antloh wrote:
I meant where is the fun, with all these data inputting hassle?
It might not seem very fun initially but because the app captures your FIR/GIR/Putting Stats...
It would help in the long run as one is able to quickly see what part of his/her game is lacking

One can easily go to the range and have certain faults rectified and when your game starts to improve... Golf will become more FUN!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
milita283
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Good app. It works really well. I was skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised that it works as advertised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"   iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iPhone/iPad app "Golfshot"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2