Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Original Ipad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 pm

I know that the Ipad2 is out in Singapore and sells for near $700.

I was curious if anyone knew where they are still selling the original Ipad (not the Ipad 2) and what the cost is roughly?

I can try and order one from the states. but if I could buy one over here with no worries for the same price I would do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Dan... afaik they withdraw new iPad (1) from Singapore already and all retailers do not display them... That doesn't mean you can not find though - might get lucky if you keep asking Smile

But, there is a sure way of getting the real iPad 1 - take from Apple Store singapore.. They have the so-called "refurbished" iPad at a bargain price... just now I check the price for wifi version (hey, who needsd 3G version now you can tether it to iPhone... if you use iPhone that is Very Happy) 64GB is in stock and selling for Sing$698 (new was 900+). Imho no worries with buying these refurbished thingies as they come with automatic 1 year warranty, and still you can supplement it with the 2 year apple-plan warranty at the same cost of the new thing....

Disclaimer: I don't work for apple - just use and eat them!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Looks like there are a few on the bay as well. Figured I would throw it out here as many on the board are from here and know where to go to get this stuff.

Any other adivce would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:20 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
Hi Dan... afaik they withdraw new iPad (1) from Singapore already and all retailers do not display them... That doesn't mean you can not find though - might get lucky if you keep asking Smile

But, there is a sure way of getting the real iPad 1 - take from Apple Store singapore.. They have the so-called "refurbished" iPad at a bargain price... just now I check the price for wifi version (hey, who needsd 3G version now you can tether it to iPhone... if you use iPhone that is Very Happy) 64GB is in stock and selling for Sing$698 (new was 900+). Imho no worries with buying these refurbished thingies as they come with automatic 1 year warranty, and still you can supplement it with the 2 year apple-plan warranty at the same cost of the new thing....

Smile

i am interested.... how to get ????
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:09 pm

I was in the airport and saw retailer advertising a Ipad v1 for 880 buckaroos... not worth it..
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:14 pm

slinger wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

Smile

Bro just go to their website apple.com/sg and click store, then refurbished... you'll find some.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi,

Alternatively, you may wish to go to our local IT forum, Hardwarezone to get from direct
seller but the usual caveat apply.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/forumdisplay.php?f=18

p.s. I also bought my Ipad from there,

Cheers
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Khorkar wrote:
I was in the airport and saw retailer advertising a Ipad v1 for 880 buckaroos... not worth it..

At this price, can buy IPAD2 from HWZ direct seller.

Almost brand new IPAD 2 WHITE 32gb + 3G + WiFi + free black leather case and screen protector!! $888

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3304413

Cheers

Disclaimer: am not related to the seller.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:05 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
slinger wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

Smile

Bro just go to their website apple.com/sg and click store, then refurbished... you'll find some.

many thanks, bro, will check it out....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Original Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original Ipad   Original Ipad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Ipad
Page 1 of 1