Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.

Go down 
+3
Duval_S
pocketace
vyvy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vyvy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
vyvy

Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. Empty
PostSubject: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:50 am

I recently tried 2 sets of irons: Mizuno MX100 ladies and Cobra S2 ladies iron set. Realised that one has a lighter shaft (50g) but heavier club head while the other one is heavier shaft (55g) and lighter club head.

While trying the later one, i can feel that the club head is pulling down. (Not too sure if I am using the correct description) But cant figure out which one is more suitable.

Just wondering what is the difference between Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.

For a golfer with slow swing speed, which one is more suitable?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 am

guess both are good clubs if you have no brand preference... which one gives you better results? both combos can work for different ppl.

it's individual preference, really. Other than weight of the club, the entire swingweight also plays a part (a bit technical... a clubfitter or experienced member can elaborate if req'd)

if the shop has trackman or allows you to hit some balls in a range, the head says get the one that gives you better trajectory, distance and dispersion.

good luck in your purchase!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 am

Based on my achievement of having D for A-level physics.....I think heavy club head will generate more speed but that is once you able to past thru the inertia.

PS: sorry if this confuse reader coz it even confuses me when I read it again.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:18 am

How does one know if the clubhead is heavier?
Were said clubheads pulled out and weighed?

Always curious to know how people find out that their clubhead is heavier or lighter
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:25 am

ChrisD... do u know?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
How does one know if the clubhead is heavier?
Were said clubheads pulled out and weighed?

Always curious to know how people find out that their clubhead is heavier or lighter

Was abt to ask the same questions...

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:07 am

This is damn cheem!
Need Physics A* ppl to explain.
Alternatively, DGman, can save damsel in distress here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.   Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clubs with lighter shaft & heavy club heads vs Clubs with heavier shaft & lighter club heads.
Page 1 of 1