Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

USed clubs or new club old model

Go down 
+2
TigaWood
jac_mav
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

USed clubs or new club old model Empty
PostSubject: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:31 pm

HAs been trying to replce my old Lynx clubs for some Super Improvement Irons for a while now. Happened to read abt this Matlby thingy where he classified clubs based on playability..i think. Have called up GD and there have this old model of Callaway Diablo Edge graphite going for 379. (according to Maltby..its a super improvement set) So Im kind in a dilemma if I shld get a used set somewhere maybe in marketplace or shld get a new set but old model from GD. Appreciate the experts comments here. Thanks Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm

If you are the type who likes to change club often, get a used one.
Unless new old model is just as cheap.

BTW look at this! Very Happy
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t23111-wts-rare-maxfli-jap-forged-iron-set-10-pcs-150-only
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:58 pm

always buy used.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm

I saw a Diablo Edge set at GD that comes with 2 hybrids for 379 with graphite shaft

If that is the set you are referring too, i personally think it is a good buy ... the graphite shaft is neither too heavy or too light, nor too stiff or too flexibile, should be ok for a wide range of average swing speeds. Plus the 2 hybrids thrown in, it is a pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Derek wrote:
I saw a Diablo Edge set at GD that comes with 2 hybrids for 379 with graphite shaft

If that is the set you are referring too, i personally think it is a good buy ... the graphite shaft is neither too heavy or too light, nor too stiff or too flexibile, should be ok for a wide range of average swing speeds. Plus the 2 hybrids thrown in, it is a pretty good deal.

Yes that's the one! Personally I dun know if its suitable without having tried yet. The only reason I was considering this set was it scored highly under the Maltby playability scores lol. So nt sure if 379 is a decent price. And no, Im not a person who changes clubs often...only becos of budget lol

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Although affordability is largely subjective ... $379 for that set is a very decent price (to me) especially if you don't already have hybrids ... if you have already purchase hybrids ... then perhaps you can make TigaWoods an offer for his iron set

As for suitability of the clubs, there is no magic solution, no clubs is going to magically make your game better ...

that being said, if your Lynx clubs are the same ones as my friends, they are a bit on the heavy side (for graphite clubs), with the weight balance seemingly more toward the head and the whole club feels like it is twisting in all the wrong places unless you make a smooth transition on the downswing ... if that is the case for you as well ... you really have nothing to lose by getting the callys
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:34 pm

IMHO If you are going to use this set for 2 years & not change clubs (fingers crossed), SGD379 is great value....

jac_mav wrote:
Derek wrote:

Yes that's the one! Personally I dun know if its suitable without having tried yet. The only reason I was considering this set was it scored highly under the Maltby playability scores lol. So nt sure if 379 is a decent price. And no, Im not a person who changes clubs often...only becos of budget lol

Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Derek wrote:
Although affordability is largely subjective ... $379 for that set is a very decent price (to me) especially if you don't already have hybrids ... if you have already purchase hybrids ... then perhaps you can make TigaWoods an offer for his iron set

As for suitability of the clubs, there is no magic solution, no clubs is going to magically make your game better ...

that being said, if your Lynx clubs are the same ones as my friends, they are a bit on the heavy side (for graphite clubs), with the weight balance seemingly more toward the head and the whole club feels like it is twisting in all the wrong places unless you make a smooth transition on the downswing ... if that is the case for you as well ... you really have nothing to lose by getting the callys

That's quite true...my lynx clubs seemingly more weighted towards the head...even the drivers and woods are tough to handle. But thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
IMHO If you are going to use this set for 2 years & not change clubs (fingers crossed), SGD379 is great value....

jac_mav wrote:
Derek wrote:

You meant to say these irons may last me only 2 yrs before I would want to change? lol Are u thinking I might be itchy to change or I would outgrow the irons lol. Tks again
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

As for most weekend golfers can agree, majority of the times we buy new or used clubs based on our desire instead of needs. Thus its comprise between what we want vs what we can afford..... if budget is no problem please buy new set.

If you decide its not for you, then you can always try to recoup some of the cost by selling here cheap Very Happy I am sure fallow GR members are very appreciative...

Luckily for me, my days of buying new set every year or two seem to be over.....

Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Well, only u know urself. Why not post a WTB thread in the Market Place for the same Cally set? You might meet with some nice surprises from the forum members here.

Good luck!

jac_mav wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

jac_mav wrote:
Derek wrote:

You meant to say these irons may last me only 2 yrs before I would want to change? lol Are u thinking I might be itchy to change or I would outgrow the irons lol. Tks again
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks all for the kind advice. Maybe I shld try to post a WTB and see what happens...might also do a WTS for my lynx clubs too lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USed clubs or new club old model   USed clubs or new club old model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USed clubs or new club old model
Page 1 of 1