Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back

Go down 
+11
bomby
tronos
puteh83
Technospaz
blee67
DGman
Gray
mizzy
mUAr_cHEe
watermyforrest
Duval_S
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back Empty
PostSubject: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am

Saw this posting on a site , not sure if true but if it is, then I get pretty frustrated.....where is the common sense?

If cannot afford why buy so expensive.

Just like me, since I cant golf tat well, tats why I don invest....(did I get this right??.....hahaha)

But seriously, this lady really epitomizes the fact that common sense is not really that common

Quote :
I am 28 this year now working as a teacher in a secondary school.

My fiancee just found a job in a GLC as an engineer after six months of looking for one. The pay isn’t fantastic as there is an abundance of foreign engineers in Singapore. He considered himself lucky to finally secure a full-time job after months of being on contract.

We are planning to get married in July and just bought a 4-room resale flat at Sin Ming. Guess how much it costs? You won’t believe it, we bought it at almost $500,000. No kidding, it’s true! All the flats in the vicinity cost above $500K. After paying about $30,000 in COV partially paid for by our parents, we do not have a single cent left for our wedding which we will have a simple afternoon tea buffet at our church instead of the traditional 8-course Chinese dinner.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 am

Must be the hubby's idea, woman wouldn't stand such simple wedding reception.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:03 am

shall remain tight-lipped on this issue. later i am again flagged as sh!t-stirrer and ppl start scratching my car again....
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:06 am

aiyah since flats so expensive and cannot afford, might as well stay in parent's home. don't get maried.
save all that money can play many rounds of golf! What a Face
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:08 am

mizzy wrote:
aiyah since flats so expensive and cannot afford, might as well stay in parent's home. don't get maried.

and face the daily nagging for 'needs for privacy', 'get a life', 'man up and move out' and others???

i rather be broke and retain my sanity, then to be rich and be insane.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:10 am

ya i agree with DS, if cannot afford then stay in sengkang where prices are lower lah
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:10 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
shall remain tight-lipped on this issue. later i am again flagged as sh!t-stirrer and ppl start scratching my car again....

you mean lorry?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
mizzy wrote:

and face the daily nagging for 'needs for privacy', 'get a life', 'man up and move out' and others???

i rather be broke and retain my sanity, then to be rich and be insane.

bro, don't think broke and sane is mutally exclusive to rich and insane.. but certainly being broke can drive people insane..

and then there are the insanely rich.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:17 am

and then there are the insanely rich.. ROFL [/quote]

Referring to yourself??? ROFL White Flag
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 am

blee2007 wrote:

Referring to yourself??? ROFL White Flag [/quote]

not if i have 100mil to blow at MBS
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 am

mizzy wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

not if i have 100mil to blow at MBS[/quote]

That i call richly insane...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:26 am

DGman wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

you mean lorry?

LOL!

Seriously, I agree with DS. Spend within your means. That's simple. If you can't afford it and yet you still buy it, don't complain about the consequences.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 am

blee2007 wrote:
mizzy wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

That i call richly insane... [/quote]

you mean rich until insane? tongue
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

mizzy wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
mizzy wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

That i call richly insane...

you mean rich until insane? tongue [/quote]

One way of looking at it..
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 am

typical human behaviour.
as the hokkien saying: ai pi, ai chee, ai tua ni.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:45 am

there are quite a lot of cheap flats is less 'popular' areas.

Its like golf courses, Serapong and MGBC, some ppl simply cannot take it that they are playing in a public course (not exclusive) while complaining Serapong is so expensive to play in.

Our standards are too high these days.....just wait till MBGC is no more, then we can be crying all the way to JB courses on whole day leave or weekends instead of an easy 1/2 weekday.

BUT they did the smart thing. spend the money wisely on a good flat, then pretend to cry about not being able to spend on the expensive, 'not so useful' dinner.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 am

Heng ah.. I buy direct from HDB, but also paying the price now.. as too far away from both parents.. and kana complain by wife I play too much golf and no take care of kids.

So the moral is stay near parents or with parents if you want to enjoy your golfing pleasure! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:14 am

tronos wrote:

Its like golf courses, Serapong and MGBC, some ppl simply cannot take it that they are playing in a public course (not exclusive) while complaining Serapong is so expensive to play in.

Our standards are too high these days.....just wait till MBGC is no more, then we can be crying all the way to JB courses on whole day leave or weekends instead of an easy 1/2 weekday.

BUT they did the smart thing. spend the money wisely on a good flat, then pretend to cry about not being able to spend on the expensive, 'not so useful' dinner.

i agree. but in the old days, in the kampong.. used to 3 generations live together.. the wedding dinner is the most extravagant thing as it has to do with FACE value..

nowadays, i just can't be bothered.. but the old generation may not let you have it your way.. die die must have 100 tables
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 am

DGman wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

you mean lorry?

same thing. 2 door, 2 seater.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 am

puteh83 wrote:
typical human behaviour.

This is out dated leow.
It is: Ai pi, Ai Chee , Ai see Liap ni
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:38 am

seebayho wrote:
puteh83 wrote:
typical human behaviour.

This is out dated leow.
It is: Ai pi, Ai Chee , Ai *see* Liap ni

*see* = FOUR ???? affraid

Oh NO ....2 already problematic. An extra 2 means no golf ! Oh boy, I rather have my golf than adding double trouble..... Evil or Very Mad lol! ROFL

Titu

Last edited by Tituman on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:44 am

mizzy wrote:
tronos wrote:

i agree. but in the old days, in the kampong.. used to 3 generations live together.. the wedding dinner is the most extravagant thing as it has to do with FACE value..

nowadays, i just can't be bothered.. but the old generation may not let you have it your way.. die die must have 100 tables

I agree man...wedding dinners are a waste of money..

And best part if always the same old thing...walk-ins, montage, crap food etc..

Always like the notion of eloping..... queen
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:55 am

nientsu wrote:

I agree man...wedding dinners are a waste of money..

And best part if always the same old thing...walk-ins, montage, crap food etc..

Always like the notion of eloping..... queen

Classic!!
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 am

Tituman wrote:
seebayho wrote:
puteh83 wrote:
typical human behaviour.

This is out dated leow.
It is: Ai pi, Ai Chee , Ai *see* Liap ni

*see* = FOUR ???? affraid

Oh NO ....2 already problematic. An extra 2 means no golf ! Oh boy, I rather have my golf than adding double trouble..... Evil or Very Mad lol! ROFL

Titu

see liap not equates to ah guah? Razz
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:29 pm

DGman wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

you mean lorry?

his Audi Turbo Truck
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back   sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sorry to post this..but I cannot hold back
Page 1 of 1