Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hold your horses on KBS shafts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Hold your horses on KBS shafts Empty
PostSubject: Hold your horses on KBS shafts   Hold your horses on KBS shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 am

its official...the new C taper shafts will be launch on 9th May 2011.

KBS Introduces Brand New C-Taper shaft

BOULDER, CO (April 5th, 2011)
Today KBS Tour is announcing the planned release for its brand new KBS C-Taper shaft, complete with a unique satin finish, for Monday May 9th, 2011. Already in the hands of top world-ranked players, the C-Taper shaft's flexural rigidity is optimized through the taper and tip sections to promote lower launch and lesser spin without sacrificing the signature KBS feel. Inspired by feedback taken from Tour professionals worldwide, the KBS Tour C-Taper shaft will complement the current KBS Tour line in performance. Expect limited availability for the upcoming product launch.

KBS TOUR C-TAPER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Constant taper design with unrestricted energy transfer
- Optimized taper and tip section for low launch and low spin performance
- Offered in S, S+, and XS flexes at launch with additional flexes in the near future
- Unique and highly durable satin finish texture
- Available starting Monday May 9th, 2011 via KBS Tour's premiere network of dealers

According to renowned shaft designer Kim Braly, "The all-new C-Taper shaft design is based on feedback taken from Tour professionals worldwide. In order to complement our product offering for the world's best golfers, the C-Taper is constructed for lower shot trajectory and less spin without sacrificing our signature KBS feel. The shaft will be very playable for quicker players though custom features will support a much wider audience."

Following the announcement, Rob Cheng, Director of Global Operations for FST chimed in saying, "The new C-Taper shaft is a natural complement for the KBS Tour series. Based on feedback from Tour professionals and core golfers, the all-new C-Taper shaft delivers the feel and performance a large segment of golfers are demanding from KBS. We firmly believe it will be a great complement to the KBS Tour shaft and a successful product."

Since being introduced in 2008 worldwide, KBS Tour™ shafts continue blazing a trail on Tour trusted by numerous players within the world's top 100. This season, KBS Tour™ shafts have now delivered 3 victories worldwide and several runner up finishes. Last year, KBS Tour™ shafts completed an outstanding year with 15 tournament victories, eight achieved on the PGA Tour.

Formalized in 2007, KBS Tour shafts are the premiere brand of steel golf shafts designed and manufactured by FEMCO Steel Technology (FST) headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Since 1949, FEMCO has remained committed to providing the highest quality steel products and services worldwide.

will be putting in an order so if you are thinking of changing shafts in the very near future, you might just want to hang on for a while.

don't ask about price cos we haven't got a price list and firm delivery date yet.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Hold your horses on KBS shafts   Hold your horses on KBS shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:26 am

I received the same email
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Hold your horses on KBS shafts   Hold your horses on KBS shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:29 am

I reckon it will be quite similar to the Project X.

It states that its built for lower ball flight and lesser spin for 'quicker players'.

How many typical golfers you know hit the ball high and spin it a ton with their irons? I thought we all are looking at maximising spin now with the CC grooves?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Hold your horses on KBS shafts   Hold your horses on KBS shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:29 am

i have been in contact with my name sake for a while....and the C has been in prototype for over a year..they had their problems but is fixed now. the satin is something else.

DGman
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Hold your horses on KBS shafts   Hold your horses on KBS shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 am

nice one Rex, just keep on the old technology balls that spins less otherwise its back to the drawing board.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hold your horses on KBS shafts   Hold your horses on KBS shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hold your horses on KBS shafts
Page 1 of 1