Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)

Go down 
+4
Technospaz
DGman
jaketang
missmoon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) Empty
PostSubject: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:26 pm

This video makes me think. Life is very precious, dont risk it unnecessarily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm

wow... i cant find the clip... too gross for me... Sad

anyway, uncle me drive very slow... less then 100... Smile

true, i believe in SG, no point drive too fast.. how much time can you actually save? i think less then 10min... no point risking yr life and others... safety 1st na khrub....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:59 pm

powerful images and an excellent tag line....

the guys who speed think they are cool but they probably do not realised that their action usually leads to irreparable consequences. if one think its cool to speed, do it at the racing track.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Watched the clip the other day and it is quite powerful, not to mention traumatizing. Watch it once... and it'll remind you of how precious life is and how simple accidents can have many ensuing repercussions.
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:09 pm

This vid bring back alot of pass man. Yap never speed as it will only bring you trouble drive safely is the word
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm

just inherited a tank. no more high speeds for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Too many ah bengs and arrogant biz men think they are Fast & Furious celebs.

Rude taxi drivers are another problem on the roads.

www.rotten.com gots plenty of accident photos (among others) to remind peeps to drive safely.

Mad

CK
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Yes ! rather late than never, if the driver die..too bad, but if he harmed and crippled a passenger or someone ...that is really sad....

Now i will tell myself not to speed on the buggy too....wait got undercover TP booked me ah..... Sad

Shocked
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:56 pm

there's something tht i can nvr get over it.......

i always tell my frens, if you want to kill someone - use a car...

why? reason is, over the years i have read so many news regarding the driver's ignorance and negligence causing death, casualty, etc...

and what did they get? license kan tong and the most 1 to 2 years jail... most of the time few months..

but what about the life they took? what about those who are permanently crippled? they say the driver will feel guilty.. my foot... did they ever think of those tht are dead? worse, those who are not and got to live with discomfort caused by these axxhole drivers...

sorry... i m abit upset.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:12 pm

In the USA, victims can sue for medical costs and even funeral costs AND 'pain, loss and suffering' incurred.

Dun think gummit here allow such so-called 'frivolous' law suites.

In fact, being sued as a result of reckless or DUI driving offenses and casualties can wipe out your hole life savings and properties to the victim or his/her surviving familiy members.

Also, jail/prison time is almost ALWAYS sentenced for driving while intoxicated (DUI) and causing serious harm or property damage.

Funny, in America you can be fined a small amount for possession of over an ounce of marijuana. Here can be given the death sentence.

Singapore (and a lot of other Asian countries) has fairly light sentences and fines for killing others while driving recklessly or while drunk. In the US, it is a very costly mistake which may incur a few years' prison time and maybe revocation of all driving privileges for life.

Go figure?

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)   Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive Safely (Speeding. No one thinks big of you)
Page 1 of 1